Reid Boucher making his NHL debut tonight!

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
Good luck kid.

Boucher_Reid.jpg
2760-5456.gif

Hahahahahaha!!!!!

Status Quo*

Hopefully if Reid plays well and scores a ton of goals, he doesn't get homesick and want to play for the Red Wings hahaha

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
I thought everyone said I was wrong when I said Lou is involved with player decisions on a daily basis. Like Janssen, Sestito and who's in goal.

This couldn't be more simple. The GM sets the roster, including the call ups, and the coach makes the decisions on who plays and how much they play.

Pete doesn't even watch the Albany games. He just works with what Lou gives him.

We have needed offense, especially secondary scoring, for awhile. So Lou pulled the trigger on bringing up the sharpshooter, despite being young and raw. No way they don't give him a look considering the situation.

Of course there is some measure of communication between coach and GM, unless there are serious internal issues within the team. But everyone has a specific job to do and there is zero overlap.

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
:nod:

Can we get a Boucher chant going to the tune of Ole when he scores tonight?

I haven't been this excited about a prospect in a very long time. Heck even Larsson didn't approach this. Something about a forward. We just haven't had any worth a damn in such a long time.

That would be great. Especially in light of the opponent. Anyone have contact with the Diablos or whomever starts these chants?

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Some quotes:

“I was a little surprised it was now,” Boucher said of the call-up, “but I’ve been playing pretty good hockey so far and I’m on a bit of a run of points. I’m just happy I got the call. I’ve been playing pretty well down there.”

“There’s a little bit of pressure but I just have to do the best I can with the opportunity that’s given to me,” Boucher said.

Bunch of good stuff in this article:

“I think we know what he is. He’s got to play in your top six, top nine forwards,” DeBoer acknowledged. “He’s not going to be a checker. He’s not a big guy. He has a special talent that we could use in the organization.

“He’ll play with Elias. Patty is easy to play with. People want to play with Patty. He’s a smart player, he’s good defensively and he puts the puck in the right places. He’s fortunate to be able to play on the wing with a guy like that.”

One veteran was happy to see him at Prudential Center for the morning skate.

“Definitely. It put a little smile on my face when I saw him here this morning,” goalie Martin Brodeur said. “He’s been known to score goals at a different level than here. Until you try it here you never know if you’re going to be able to figure it out. It’s kind of nice for him to have that chance.”

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/...er_excited_thrilled_to_get_chance_in_nhl.html

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
That would be great. Especially in light of the opponent. Anyone have contact with the Diablos or whomever starts these chants?

come on, is there really time to contact them, then get it to Darth Harris for approval? :laugh:

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013

We have a poster here (can't recall the name off the top of my head since it's njdevils something) who is a member. It would be awesome if it caught on.

As opposed to the very bland and generic "Mar-Ty" "Co-ry" "Hen-Rique"

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
was going to add Boucher in fantasy for a laugh but hes listed as a C. meh

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hopefully after tonight he doesn't turn into Jay Boucher.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Hopefully after tonight he doesn't turn into Jay Boucher.

yeah its worrying Lou told him to remember theres 2 zones. hes obviously offensively focused and thats what we need. not another two-way convert.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
yeah its worrying Lou told him to remember theres 2 zones. hes obviously offensively focused and thats what we need. not another two-way convert.

Is it so bad that I really don't care if a good offensive player sucks defensively? Maybe I would have in the past, but this ''Two way'' stuff has really turned me off.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Is it so bad that I really don't care if a good offensive player sucks defensively? Maybe I would have in the past, but this ''Two way'' stuff has really turned me off.

considering how many people here want Yak so bad, you SHOULD have some agreeing with you :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad