Reid Boucher making his NHL debut tonight!

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Looked pretty good. Little timid in the first two periods I think he was looking for Elias a little too much. Once he was with Loktionov and Ryder it seems he took that extra half second to make the right play. Tedenby needs to look at Reid and the way he handles himself in traffic for a small guy he's strong and very quick moving side to side. He makes room for himself something the Devils have wanted Teddy to do for three years now.

Someone was talking over the summer about the need for Ted's to bulk up. And Boucher certainly looks to carry more weight on his frame then Ted's does.

And he also seems to play with more poise then Ted's, who plays at a pretty frenetic pace.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Was surprised to find out he's 190? 5'10 190 isn't whatever Tedenby weighs. I think they're built a lot differently. Boucher threw that body around a lot more than I ever expected him too.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

It's really surprising that a offensive minded player actually produced some type of offense when he was on the ice :huh:

Who would've imagined? Good thing we called up Sestito and Janssen before Boucher... and why aren't we trying Whitney as well over a career ECHL'er in Cam? We can't generate any type of offense, so we slide in Sestito and Janssen in our 4th line in favour of Josefson (who can play the wing as well) and even Tedenby?

Yeech.

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
It's really surprising that a offensive minded player actually produced some type of offense when he was on the ice :huh:

Who would've imagined? Good thing we called up Sestito and Janssen before Boucher... and why aren't we trying Whitney as well over a career ECHL'er in Cam? We can't generate any type of offense, so we slide in Sestito and Janssen in our 4th line in favour of Josefson (who can play the wing as well) and even Tedenby?

Yeech.

That's how you ruin prospects. Never play them in the bottom 6 if their potential and style of play doesn't translate to the more grinding style a bottom 6 player has. You need to put them in a position to succeed. Arguably, Josefson could last in the 3rd line role because of his defensive play, but Loktionov is keeping him away from that.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Loktionov only responds to being demoted or "punished."

What he brought last night only comes up every four games or so.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Does anyone know if 15 has any sort of significance to Boucher? Anyone who has followed him?

I'm contemplating getting a jersey for the fun of it. Would love it if 15 "sticks" with him.

Also here's some more:

“I don’t think you can be comfortable up here,” Boucher said afterwards. “Especially on the edge like I am. You have to earn your spot every day."

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/...st_game_but_im_very_disappointed_we_lost.html

Some quotes from the other third line guys in there as well.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I doubt the number means much. Lou probably just assigned it from the available numbers tbh

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Reid Boucher did more in one night than Josefson has done in 16.

Josefson hasn't seen a single second of top #6 action since forever and it would be nice if Josefson can play with someone other then Janssen, Sestito, Carter, etc...

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Josefson hasn't seen a single second of top #6 action since forever and it would be nice if Josefson can play with someone other then Janssen, Sestito, Carter, etc...

Very true. Both swedes are conistently yo-yoed with the odd game here and there while playing with a myriad of different players from the 3rd and 4th lines. There has been no stability. I bet Josefson could outproduce Zajac if inserted on Jagr's line. Mark me down for that.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Very true. Both swedes are conistently yo-yoed with the odd game here and there while playing with a myriad of different players from the 3rd and 4th lines. There has been no stability. I bet Josefson could outproduce Zajac if inserted on Jagr's line. Mark me down for that.

I don't think Josefson out produces Zajac in any universe on that line. You really underappreciate how valuable Zajac is in generating shots and how poor Josefson has been (last in shot attempts generated for his linemates on the team).

And SAG isn't something you can blame on linemates. Because Loktionov has managed to finish 4th on the team in that category.

Josefson out producing Travis on that line is beyond a stretch and you have absolutely no evidence to suggest he can do that because he's never done it before.

Heck when I say Josefson can equal or give you slightly less of current Henrique's production I can at least point to Henrique's lack of success after 9/17 left. You have nothing to point out that Josefson can produce on that line because the very strength of that line is keeping the puck in the zone and no one does that better than Travis.

Can we get back to Reid Boucher before we go off on some tangent about Josefson and Zajac. I guess today is Zajac day again.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Was I dreaming or did Josefson mesh real well with Elias during the preseason? The kid has the tools to be a solid NHL'er but he's been utilized as a grinder/plumber and that's not his role at all even if he's good at it.

Instead of trying to jump start Brunner for the 100x, why not slot Josefson at wing instead? Worst case scenario.... We get the same offensive production but we'd improve our defensive play cause Brunner isn't bringing one or the other.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Was I dreaming or did Josefson mesh real well with Elias during the preseason? The kid has the tools to be a solid NHL'er but he's been utilized as a grinder/plumber and that's not his role at all even if he's good at it.

Instead of trying to jump start Brunner for the 100x, why not slot Josefson at wing instead? Worst case scenario.... We get the same offensive production but we'd improve our defensive play cause Brunner isn't bringing one or the other.

Because Brunner is older than Josefson.

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York

Hahahahahahahahaha. Oh, you!!

MountainGoat

I need to get on his exercise routine, he looks twice the size he did here in Sarnia, his skating is still really awkward though

Thank you.

Couldn't find this info anywhere.

yea hold off on buying a jersey unless it's cheap to switch the numbers, he seems to switch them a lot

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I don't think Josefson out produces Zajac in any universe on that line. You really underappreciate how valuable Zajac is in generating shots and how poor Josefson has been (last in shot attempts generated for his linemates on the team).

And SAG isn't something you can blame on linemates. Because Loktionov has managed to finish 4th on the team in that category.

Josefson out producing Travis on that line is beyond a stretch and you have absolutely no evidence to suggest he can do that because he's never done it before.

Heck when I say Josefson can equal or give you slightly less of current Henrique's production I can at least point to Henrique's lack of success after 9/17 left. You have nothing to point out that Josefson can produce on that line because the very strength of that line is keeping the puck in the zone and no one does that better than Travis.

Can we get back to Reid Boucher before we go off on some tangent about Josefson and Zajac. I guess today is Zajac day again.

Zajac is on a 31 point pace playing 20 minutes a game. It's not such a stretch to think that Josefson could outproduce him with Jagr on his wing. For one, Josefson is far more fleeter of foot than Travis & capable of getting to spots on the ice that Travis cannot. Zajac is arguably one of the worst point/TOI players in the entire NHL.

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
Zajac is on a 31 point pace playing 20 minutes a game. It's not such a stretch to think that Josefson could outproduce him with Jagr on his wing. For one, Josefson is far more fleeter of foot than Travis & capable of getting to spots on the ice that Travis cannot. Zajac is arguably one of the worst point/TOI players in the entire NHL.

Josefson is on a blistering zero point pace, so I totally see your point here.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol the Josefson fans are now in even more denial than the Tedenby fans.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

:laugh:

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Josefson is on a blistering zero point pace, so I totally see your point here.

playing how many minutes per game? 10 mins with Cam Janssen on his wing? I'm not saying that Josefson is superlative offensively because he's not, but he may be more talented offensively than Travis Zajac at this point in time. Travis Zajac is plumbing the depths at this point in time while sharing time with Jagr.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I need to get on his exercise routine, he looks twice the size he did here in Sarnia, his skating is still really awkward though

yea hold off on buying a jersey unless it's cheap to switch the numbers, he seems to switch them a lot

Do they televise Sarnia games by you? Must have been a blast to watch this kid play.

I wonder if I can find a Boucher Sarnia jersey at a decent price...

MountainGoat

Do they televise Sarnia games by you? Must have been a blast to watch this kid play.

I wonder if I can find a Boucher Sarnia jersey at a decent price...

all games are on tv and it's really cheap to go to the arena, the crowd here can be fun, everyone gets wasted.
the 1st year I saw Boucher I knew he was gonna be something special, never imagined he would get 60 goals in one season though. I've been saying it for a long time and I hope it comes true, he's gonna be our version of Kessel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad