Reid Boucher making his NHL debut tonight!

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
all games are on tv and it's really cheap to go to the arena, the crowd here can be fun, everyone gets wasted.
the 1st year I saw Boucher I knew he was gonna be something special, never imagined he would get 60 goals in one season though. I've been saying it for a long time and I hope it comes true, he's gonna be our version of Kessel.

That's awesome. :laugh:

How is he as a passer? How is he defensively?

Also where did he get most of those goals? Rush? Slot?

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
playing how many minutes per game? 10 mins with Cam Janssen on his wing? I'm not saying that Josefson is superlative offensively because he's not, but he may be more talented offensively than Travis Zajac at this point in time. Travis Zajac is plumbing the depths at this point in time while sharing time with Jagr.

You make the assertion that a player who is worse offensively, defensively, on faceoffs, is smaller, gets ridden off the puck easier and is not as accomplished at the cycle, does literally nothing better, rides the bench instead of centering the top line, would be the better option because he is "fleet of foot" and doesn't get to play with better players.

C'mon, man. That isn't even good trolling.

If you are indeed serious, I now understand your hockey fandom. It is because you have to wear a hockey helmet in real life. (And are perhaps strapped to a swing set while typing these posts.)

In football, every fans favorite player when they are losing is the back up quarterback.

But he is the back up for a reason.

In this case, though, it would be the back up - back up - back up - back up center.

A reasonable thought for Josefson is that he get the regular 4th line center job over Gionta or whomever, similar to John Madden when he was coming up. And allow him the experience to become the 3rd liner he projects to be.

But that ain't happening because Pete DeBoer is an ass.

But expecting more than that from JoJo is a fools errand.

Although Madden had better offensive instincts and scored more at other levels. And was superior defensively, as well.

So a poor, poor mans Madden. That is the best one can expect.

Or a much better Rod Pelley.

However one wants to look at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MountainGoat

That's awesome. :laugh:

How is he as a passer? How is he defensively?

Also where did he get most of those goals? Rush? Slot?

I remember reading a scouting report on Boosh saying how he was one dimensional, bad along the boards and a terrible skater

he's not one dimensional at all, he has amazing hockey IQ, knows where the puck is going to go etc... he's everything you want offensively and plays with a lot of confidence.
I would say his goals came from all over the place, basically he knows how to get open and has the shot to snipe from anywhere.
Defensively he has a lot to learn but with this team I don't care about defense. We need to let him focus on offense and watch him turn into the elite goal scorer that I think he will become.

the only knock on him is his size and skating, he looks way bigger now and he's not a terrible skater, never was, he just skates funny.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Someone was talking over the summer about the need for Ted's to bulk up. And Boucher certainly looks to carry more weight on his frame then Ted's does.

And he also seems to play with more poise then Ted's, who plays at a pretty frenetic pace.

That was me. Of course it was met with ridiculous opposition. Take a look at Boucher's body compared Ted and tell me who looks like the NHL player? Boucher added 10 lbs of muscle this year. That is very important, idk why that was such a contested point. Boucher even finished some checks in his first game. It does not look like strength will be a limiting factor for him in the pros. The same cannot be said for Ted.

MountainGoat

That was me. Of course it was met with ridiculous opposition. Take a look at Boucher's body compared Ted and tell me who looks like the NHL player? Boucher added 10 lbs of muscle this year. That is very important, idk why that was such a contested point. Boucher even finished some checks in his first game. It does not look like strength will be a limiting factor for him in the pros. The same cannot be said for Ted.

it's not even about size, it's about hockey IQ, Ted has none because he's a dumb hockey player

Reid has hockey IQ because he isn't dumb

Brunner is special, his dumbness is too damn high... just like my rent

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
it's not even about size, it's about hockey IQ, Ted has none because he's a dumb hockey player

oh absolutely that's more important. But strength is pretty damn important too. Not many great players, even short guys, who aren't very strong.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
You make the assertion that a player who is worse offensively, defensively, on faceoffs, is smaller, gets ridden off the puck easier and is not as accomplished at the cycle, does literally nothing better, rides the bench instead of centering the top line, would be the better option because he is "fleet of foot" and doesn't get to play with better players.

C'mon, man. That isn't even good trolling.

If you are indeed serious, I now understand your hockey fandom. It is because you have to wear a hockey helmet in real life. (And are perhaps strapped to a swing set while typing these posts.)

In football, every fans favorite player when they are losing is the back up quarterback.

But he is the back up for a reason.

In this case, though, it would be the back up - back up - back up - back up center.

A reasonable thought for Josefson is that he get the regular 4th line center job over Gionta or whomever, similar to John Madden when he was coming up. And allow him the experience to become the 3rd liner he projects to be.

But that ain't happening because Pete DeBoer is an ass.

But expecting more than that from JoJo is a fools errand.

Although Madden had better offensive instincts and scored more at other levels. And was superior defensively, as well.

So a poor, poor mans Madden. That is the best one can expect.

Or a much better Rod Pelley.

However one wants to look at it.

For all Zajac's seemingly favorable attributes why can't he produce offense? All this hyperbole about cycling & body position isn't leading to anything tangible on the scoring sheet? I'm sure Josefson can compile a few secondary assists and create some points with his speed while Travis remains perplexed with something as simple as directing simple tap-ins from his teammates. It's not an illusion. Both Jacob Josefson and Travis Zajac are closer to being third line centers.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013

Obligatory

30359529.jpg

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005

It's not even that. Tedenby is a free flowing player coming from the SEL and here the mantra is GET IT DEEP no matter what.

MountainGoat

oh absolutely that's more important. But strength is pretty damn important too. Not many great players, even short guys, who aren't very strong.

yea it's important but I think Ted is a lost cause, he just doesn't have the IQ

and I think with Josefson, he has some IQ and awareness but he doesn't have the tools for a decent offensive game

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
For all Zajac's seemingly favorable attributes why can't he produce offense? All this hyperbole about cycling & body position isn't leading to anything tangible on the scoring sheet? I'm sure Josefson can compile a few secondary assists and create some points with his speed while Travis remains perplexed with something as simple directing simple tap-ins from his teammates. It's not an illusion. Both Jacob Josefson and Travis Zajac are closer to being third line centers.

Before I waste my time, would you be at all convinced if I showed you advanced metrics that demonstrate that Travis Zajac contributes far more offensively than you think and consequentially far more offensively than Yayo?

MountainGoat

It's not even that. Tedenby is a free flowing player coming from the SEL and here the mantra is GET IT DEEP no matter what.

let me guess, fire the coach?

fact is you gotta be able to get it deep on any team in the nhl, it doesn't matter if you get a ton of shots from the outside like Brunner, you gotta go deep with it like Jagr

Teddy and Brunner can't get it deep because they don't know what they're doing

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
let me guess, fire the coach?

fact is you gotta be able to get it deep on any team in the nhl, it doesn't matter if you get a ton of shots from the outside like Brunner, you gotta go deep with it like Jagr

Teddy and Brunner can't get it deep because they don't know what they're doing

Certain lines are suited for different play styles. You can't uniformly shackle certain players with a strict system. I think that's the main issue with the devils. They try to hide their defensive inadequacies with this system, that's no longer feasible without Zach as the featured cog. Zach was essentially the system with his elite puck pursuit.

MountainGoat

Certain lines are suited for different play styles. You can't uniformly shackle certain players with a strict system. I think that's the main issue with the devils. They try to hide their defensive inadequacies with this system, that's no longer feasible without Zach as the featured cog. Zach was essentially the system with his elite puck pursuit.

who's being shackled? you mean Teddy? Brunner? nah they just suck

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
yea it's important but I think Ted is a lost cause, he just doesn't have the IQ

and I think with Josefson, he has some IQ and awareness but he doesn't have the tools for a decent offensive game

If it was IQ alone, Ted's would still net some goals. One would expect some impressive individual efforts from him. I think the same goes for his linemates. Even with the 4th line I'd like to see him light somebody up one on one, or bury a chance here and there, but we don't.

I think JJ brings way more to the table, via size and defensive accumen. And I do think there is more offensive skill that he has yet to show. So I still like him a lot as a prospect. I do think Deboer is holding him back a bit, but given that he has literally produced zero offensively(and was very sketchy last season) I can't argue that much.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
says hes most comfortable on left side. is told hes in the nhl and will play where they put him.

is a solid offensive player. u better learn how to be a grinder son.

should be put with top 6 players. gets bumped down a line. only a matter of time before sestito and carter/gio are his linemates. or better yet janssen.

i wonder what hurtls hertl had to go through with the sharks?

hey kid, ur on a line with thorton, play smart and have fun out there.

what i imagine boosher heard.

dont **** up or ur sitting with teddy and jake. dump and chase kid.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
says hes most comfortable on left side. is told hes in the nhl and will play where they put him.

should be put with top 6 players. gets bumped down a line. only a matter of time before sestito and carter/gio are his linemates. or better yet janssen.

My thoughts exactly. I didn't really want him up here as long as Dumbeor was the coach. If he ****s up this one, he needs to GTFO.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013

To be fair being up on a line with Elias and Henrique looks pretty silly. Henrique doesn't compliment Boucher. Elias does. I suppose you can line him up with Elias and Loktionov. Loktionov centered Taylor Hall. It's what he does best.

I have no problem with that Boucher-Loktionov-Ryder line. I'd love Elias-Loktionov-Boucher more but you know Pete loves to saddle Elias with garbage players so the old man can carry the line. He also wants to center Patty. Which I despise.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I'm not sure if it was more exciting seeing him play last night or having the area around where I was sitting quoting The Waterboy

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
i'm glad the kid threw around his body well last night as well as did indeed, as to my suspicions, put on weight since sarnia, as someone confirmed. he might be small, but we all know that you don't have to be a super tall guy to finish checks well (little gio)

opinions for how he was along the boards? i couldn't really see too much, the only thing i did notice was smart positioning to keep pucks in the zone during battles

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Honestly, I really didn't notice him when he didn't have the puck. When he did have the puck, I liked the way he carried it. Lots of confidence in his stride. He went straight forward and attacked the defensemen instead of making a move to the outside, which we need more of.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Gotta keep the boucher-lokti-ryder line going. I can feel that Lokti is gonna explode soon and rack up the points. A few more multi-point games and he's outscoring Zajac and Henrique...man would that be sad. :facepalm:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Gotta keep the boucher-lokti-ryder line going. I can feel that Lokti is gonna explode soon and rack up the points. A few more multi-point games and he's outscoring Zajac and Henrique...man would that be sad. :facepalm:

50 point season brah! :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3