Reid Boucher making his NHL debut tonight!

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Is it so bad that I really don't care if a good offensive player sucks defensively? Maybe I would have in the past, but this ''Two way'' stuff has really turned me off.

It's not bad I don't care either. Having an exclusively offensive winger is not bad at all. Literally every team has one or two. We do too, but they suck offensively as well lol(ryder and brunner). If Boucher can score, that's all I care about. You can teach defense.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm completely fine with having players be aware of 'two/three' zones. It's fine for Elias and Zajac (when he's scoring). Even Kovy tried to be more defensively aware when he was here.

It's when worrying about the defensive zone gets a disproportionate amount of importance compared to the offensive zone that I have an issue with it for forwards and the Devils' treatment of them. When it becomes 'far' more important to worry about backchecking than it does about scoring.

Reid Boucher

Jun 21, 2011
New Jersey
How I feel:

237.gif

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Hope he plays on Friday. Not sure what team he grew up rooting for, but being from Michigan, I have to assume the Wings. Would be cool for him to play against his hometown. His family could catch a flight this time too.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Hope he plays on Friday. Not sure what team he grew up rooting for, but being from Michigan, I have to assume the Wings. Would be cool for him to play against his hometown. His family could catch a flight this time too.

If he doesn't play Friday this franchise can go **** itself.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
He was good in the minutes he was given, but I think people are overestimating his play tonight.

I'll call it a very successful debut, but it's not like he was amazing or anything. As long as he can play like he did tonight, I'm all on-board with giving him limited minutes and a learning opportunity on the 3rd-line. It's not like it can hurt at this point, and anyone with something resembling offensive skills should probably be on this team. :cry:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol that would be the equivalent of Ftorek scratching Rafalski against the Wings in his rookie year. I could definitely see Pete giving him the shaft Friday.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Boucher was fine, didn't light the world on fire but showed that he may have NHL talent and can probably score at this level.

But its early....reaaallllyyy early, one game in fact, so I'm tempering my expectations

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
If he doesn't play Friday this franchise can go **** itself.

lol that would be the equivalent of Ftorek scratching Rafalski against the Wings in his rookie year. I could definitely see Pete giving him the shaft Friday.

Petey announced him for Friday. So he has another game, at least.

“I thought he was good,†DeBoer said. “Again, I don’t want to anoint him anything. I don’t want to talk about this for the next week every day, but he had a good, solid game, which will get him another game and we’ll see how it goes.â€

Elias was singing his praises, so that should help his cause.

“Good player. Real good player,†Elias said. “He doesn’t panic. He doesn’t rush into the play. He stays in the right spot for you to try to give him the puck and he was good.â€

Article on TG Blog:

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/...not_enough_to_break_devils_hex_in_tiebreaker/

RandoDoomer

Apr 6, 2007
Bridgewater, NJ
So how many #15 Boucher jersey's will we see at the Rock on Friday? ;)

Might finally be an appropriate retrofit to that old Langer jersey you have kicking around.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
So how many #15 Boucher jersey's will we see at the Rock on Friday? ;)

Might finally be an appropriate retrofit to that old Langer jersey you have kicking around.

I actually saw one Boucher jersey. Saw a handful of Boucher shirts too. Wondered where the shirts came from...had the number right and everything.

DeBoer can. He will bench him and play guys like Sestito and Janssen.

This would get him fired. This kid isn't the savior but he's the closest thing we have to a future franchise forward. If Pete even has an inkling of benching him Lou will fire him and/or send Reid down.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
This would get him fired. This kid isn't the savior but he's the closest thing we have to a future franchise forward. If Pete even has an inkling of benching him Lou will fire him and/or send Reid down.

I'm pretty sure nothing at this point can get him fired other than a 10 game losing streak and even then I think he survives just like last year.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Looked pretty good. Little timid in the first two periods I think he was looking for Elias a little too much. Once he was with Loktionov and Ryder it seems he took that extra half second to make the right play. Tedenby needs to look at Reid and the way he handles himself in traffic for a small guy he's strong and very quick moving side to side. He makes room for himself something the Devils have wanted Teddy to do for three years now.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I'm pretty sure nothing at this point can get him fired other than a 10 game losing streak and even then I think he survives just like last year.

I know. But I keep telling myself otherwise. Pay me no mind.

Looked pretty good. Little timid in the first two periods I think he was looking for Elias a little too much. Once he was with Loktionov and Ryder it seems he took that extra half second to make the right play. Tedenby needs to look at Reid and the way he handles himself in traffic for a small guy he's strong and very quick moving side to side. He makes room for himself something the Devils have wanted Teddy to do for three years now.

I found it funny that he fell 2 seconds into his first shift. Was visibly nervous and who wouldn't be? Settled down nicely. Marty was cracking up on the bench when he fell and when he ended his shift Marty patted his head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad