Reformatted OHL Draft Pick Database

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I've spent the last couple weeks switching over the data from the old database into my own google sheet and am updating it with all the trades since the end of last season (when they stopped tracking it). Should be ready in the next day or two. Just gets hard at times because there are so many conditional trades and some teams don't ever say what they are (shoutout Ryan Pyette from LDN and Jim Parker from WSR who always post what they are)

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I've spent the last couple weeks switching over the data from the old database into my own google sheet and am updating it with all the trades since the end of last season (when they stopped tracking it). Should be ready in the next day or two. Just gets hard at times because there are so many conditional trades and some teams don't ever say what they are (shoutout Ryan Pyette from LDN and Jim Parker from WSR who always post what they are)
It would be nice if a poster from each team would have an idea on what their team picks are and be a representative on picks they have.

I take nothing away from SFC but it's getting to the point where one poster can't really manage the responsibility of tracking every teams Picks accurately.

If you could convince 18-19 other posters 1 to represent each team's Picks and manage updating them might be easier then trying to get access to the original Excel Spreadsheet.

Even myself have a fairly close idea of what draft picks Owen Sound holds for the next 2-3 seasons. As the league has limited the draft pick trading to no more then a maximum of 2 ahead of the current season it would make it easier for posters to track the trades and submit a recent asset list on this thread at first then have each team post it to their own teams thread via a MOD.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
It would be nice if a poster from each team would have an idea on what their team picks are and be a representative on picks they have.

I take nothing away from SFC but it's getting to the point where one poster can't really manage the responsibility of tracking every teams Picks accurately.

If you could convince 18-19 other posters 1 to represent each team's Picks and manage updating them might be easier then trying to get access to the original Excel Spreadsheet.

Even myself have a fairly close idea of what draft picks Owen Sound holds for the next 2-3 seasons. As the league has limited the draft pick trading to no more then a maximum of 2 ahead of the current season it would make it easier for posters to track the trades and submit a recent asset list on this thread at first then have each team post it to their own teams thread via a MOD.

Then you’d have one person managing 19 others. I’m not sure that’s ideal.

If someone is willing to at least keep track of the picks and put stars beside the conditional picks at minimum, it is better.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: Otto

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

It's not like trades happen every day. One person can manage this fine. The only time it would be tougher is the few weeks leading up to the trade deadline

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
It's not like trades happen every day. One person can manage this fine. The only time it would be tougher is the few weeks leading up to the trade deadline
It's not the volume that's tough, it's the conditions and trying to follow them over the years. Need an in with the league where they just tell me the conditions of the trade and then it would very easy.

Some of them are like HAM 10 2022 but if he plays 3 games it turns into HAM 7 2022 and if he plays 30 games it turns into HAM 5 2022.

So in that trade HAM's 5, 7 and 10th round pick are all tied up but on the surface from just reading the trade release think its just the 10th

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
It's not the volume that's tough, it's the conditions and trying to follow them over the years. Need an in with the league where they just tell me the conditions of the trade and then it would very easy.

Some of them are like HAM 10 2022 but if he plays 3 games it turns into HAM 7 2022 and if he plays 30 games it turns into HAM 5 2022.

So in that trade HAM's 5, 7 and 10th round pick are all tied up but on the surface from just reading the trade release think its just the 10th
I get it, and what you've done is phenomenal. But having 19 other hands in it will make it a lot worse for you.

Reactions: OMG67

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I believe you missed the Josh Hoover picks from Sarnia 5th & 7th fyi

WJ
No they're there. Sarnia gave SBY back their own 5th (2024) and their own 7th (2023). This picture is Sudbury's picks and they have their own 5th in '24 and their own 7th in '23
Screenshot 2022-11-14 at 12.26.26 AM.png

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Good day Updates. FYI from the notes I keep on the 67's the conditions on the Cranley trade were met when he played with Flint. So the cond-15 in 26 turned into flint-3 2024 and Flint -5 24. I tried to find the source for this as I didn't write it down in October. It was either OHL4life or Kenny Walls if memory serves....that's a minefield at this time lol... Anyway up to you if you want to use this or wait for official source.

Reactions: BarberPole9

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Good day Updates. FYI from the notes I keep on the 67's the conditions on the Cranley trade were met when he played with Flint. So the cond-15 in 26 turned into flint-3 2024 and Flint -5 24. I tried to find the source for this as I didn't write it down in October. It was either OHL4life or Kenny Walls if memory serves....that's a minefield at this time lol... Anyway up to you if you want to use this or wait for official source.
This has been confirmed by OHL4Life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad