Can anyone deny the VAN/EDM series has been the best?

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Canucks 5 - Oilers 4
Oilers 4 - Canucks 3 (OT)
Canucks 4 - Oilers 3
Oilers 3 - Canucks 2
Canucks 3 - Oilers 2

The scores speak for themselves, as well as the order of the team who wins. Throw in the dramatic reffing controversies and feel good story of Phillip Di Giuseppe scoring a clutch goal after becoming a father.

And as much as I hate to say it, the Canucks came in as favorites in a series which has now becime a coin toss.

What series this year has even come close?

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
It's been a good series. A bit sloppy at times from both teams which makes the games nailbiters

I don't think either team can move past the WCF.. but maybe if they Canucks finish off my fav team and get Demko back, they'll have a chance.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
It's a good series as in close and competitive but I have certainly seen way better series over the years. Lots of ugly, sloppy hockey in this series.

Reactions: HabzSauce

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It's been a good series. A bit sloppy at times from both teams which makes the games nailbiters

I don't think either team can move past the WCF.. but maybe if they Canucks finish off my fav team and get Demko back, they'll have a chance.
Well the Canucks have been written off all season. They would for sure be huge underdogs but I think people predict easy series far too often. Upsets happen all the time in sports which is why it’s so compelling to watch.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
boston v florida is the best second round series so far

the van/edm is a lot of chaos, sloppy play, and poor goaltending

Reactions: Codo37

Buff15Sabres

Mar 23, 2017
Pretty middle of the road for me. I thought either Dallas series or Boston series has been more entertaining

Light years better than CAR/NYI and NYR/WAS though

Reactions: YukonCornelius

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Your post is the first thing I've seen that suggested the Canucks came into this series as favourites. Everything I've seen of betting lines and predictions had the Oilers favoured.
They were 4-0 against the Oilers in the reg season and people gave them the advantage because of it, at least from what I remember. But it could have come from biased sources, I don't really remember clearly.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Two very evenly matched teams as I said from the start. You can throw out Vancouver’s season sweep and the numerous pundits all picking the Oilers.
This one was always going to be a close series.
Such an exciting series! I had brown hair before it started but now it’s all grey! 😆
I wouldn’t say exactly that but it’s been a great battle for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad