Referees, power plays and ''let them play''

The Bad Guy

Registered Tool
May 5, 2015
Chicago
:laugh: coming from the guy whose team is getting all the help from the refs.

Series should be 3-1 Ducks at this point.

IF the Ducks win the series it'll be because they beat Chicago AND the refs.

Nah, Hawks win game 3 if Quenneville plays TT and Vermette instead of Versteeg and Nordstrom.

Edit- You can really tell the Ducks have not made a deep run into the playoffs in a long time...

hockey2080

May 24, 2015
You can blow off what I am saying but Im just trying to tell you why it wasn't a penalty. In the first or second round Kesler hit a player into our own goal and then we got scored on about 10 seconds later as the player tied up Andersen's leg when he was exiting the goal. The ref said our player pushed him in so its a good goal. Hjalmarsson entered his own crease and with where the puck was going Perry established body position with his shoulder (Im confused about people saying Perry hip-checked Hjalmarsson into Crawford). If you put yourself into a weird spot and get pinched into your goalie on a legal play then its just bad luck.

I'm not ignoring what you said, I just don't agree with you. I feel like your changing the narrative of what happened to feel like the Ducks are in the clear in this situation. IMO its interference and the Ducks have been getting away with a TON of them in this series. I'm not giving Perry the benefit of the doubt like you are.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Nah, Hawks win game 3 if Quenneville plays TT and Vermette instead of Versteeg and Nordstrom.

Edit- You can really tell the Ducks have not made a deep run into the playoffs in a long time...

Oh Ducks win every game in the post season if they play Wiz and Flash

xxgt465xx

May 3, 2009
San Clemente, CA
I'm not ignoring what you said, I just don't agree with you. I feel like your changing the narrative of what happened to feel like the Ducks are in the clear in this situation. IMO its interference and the Ducks have been getting away with a TON of them in this series. I'm not giving Perry the benefit of the doubt like you are.

There is no benefit of doubt I am giving anyone. I have played, reffed (for 5 seasons) and watched this game for 23 years. Im just trying to explain something to you so that you know in the future but if you don't want to listen then Ill just continue talking about hockey with the other people.

Benvolio

Nov 14, 2013

Oh please. I've been watching the Ducks since 2006, when I first started watching hockey. No need to throw little shots at me.

You know you've lost the argument when you have to resort to attacking the other poster.

The Bad Guy

Registered Tool
May 5, 2015
Chicago
Oh Ducks win every game in the post season if they play Wiz and Flash

No Wiz has sads because him and Seabrook are no longer friends (after Wiz ran him a few years ago), though Seabrook did deserve that hit from Wiz because Seabrook did run a guy before that.

What? Huh?

:wanders off:

xxgt465xx

May 3, 2009
San Clemente, CA

Just read what I said and then watch it. There is no hip check. The puck is wrapping behind the net and Perry puts his shoulder in front of the guy like SO MANY OTHER PLAYS. Its just not a penalty. If you listen to the NBC announcers all the time you would think that the Blackhawks were 82-0-0 in the regular season, and Toews and Kane are better than Wayne Gretzky in his prime.

The Bad Guy

Registered Tool
May 5, 2015
Chicago
Oh please. I've been watching the Ducks since 2006, when I first started watching hockey. No need to throw little shots at me.

You know you've lost the argument when you have to resort to attacking the other poster.

Yeah and you saw only two years where they had truly deep runs almost a decade ago AND you were a neophyte fan at the time. This is the way the playoffs are, bad calls happen in every game against both teams. That's just how it is.

hockey2080

May 24, 2015
There is no benefit of doubt I am giving anyone. I have played, reffed (for 5 seasons) and watched this game for 23 years. Im just trying to explain something to you so that you know in the future but if you don't want to listen then Ill just continue talking about hockey with the other people.

I don't want to listen? Where have you tired to listen to me other than being condescending by telling me my first post was bad? And then giving me your resume like its supposed to mean you're so much superior than me? Wasn't you that said that the the NHL can't stand a 3-1 series lead for the ducks even though that the most ridiculous biased view on a pretty even series?

I said I don't agree with your view on the play since its not that cut and dry but I'm not listening?

Benvolio

Nov 14, 2013
Yeah and you saw only two years where they had truly deep runs almost a decade ago AND you were a neophyte fan at the time. This is the way the playoffs are, bad calls happen in every game against both teams. That's just how it is.

:laugh: I guess you're right man. I totally haven't watched a single series of playoff hockey outside of the ones Anaheim are in.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I only played competitive hockey for 15 years of my life. Definitely don't understand anything about the game. My eyes must deceive me that Vatanen and Silfverberg were in the box for the exact same things the Hawks were doing on the very same plays.

Now what I do understand is that Chicago was well on its way to be down 3-1 in the series going back to Anaheim and the NHL just can't have that.

House league isn't competitive.

But alas, you are a biased fan looking for conspiracies to explain why the series is tied.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Im not trolling. Im literally telling you that you haven't watched much hockey if you think that is a penalty. Players engage each other before reaching the puck ALL THE TIME. I literally mean like 98% of the time. It was no different other than the fact that perry was able to squeeze off Hjalmarsson because he took a really poor line to the puck and it happened to be through his own crease.

But aren't you the one complaining that that SHOULD be called?

If not, that's fine, but if you are....really?

You can't have it both ways...

The Bad Guy

Registered Tool
May 5, 2015
Chicago
:laugh: I guess you're right man. I totally haven't watched a single series of playoff hockey outside of the ones Anaheim are in.

Not with a rooting interest. I could care less when a bad call is called against a team I am indifferent for. You notice it and then move on by the next shift.

xxgt465xx

May 3, 2009
San Clemente, CA
I don't want to listen? Where have you tired to listen to me other than being condescending by telling me my first post was bad? And then giving me your resume like its supposed to mean you're so much superior than me? Wasn't you that said that the the NHL can't stand a 3-1 series lead for the ducks even though that the most ridiculous biased view on a pretty even series?

I said I don't agree with your view on the play since its not that cut and dry but I'm not listening?

You do also realize they can disallow goals based on incidental contact with no penalties right? If the puck had gone in right when Perry cut to the puck then you would probably see them say "no goal because of incidental contact" but there would be no penalty.

Generally you have qualifications that give you knowledge in a particular subject so I was just letting you know why I am saying what I did ( Hint: Because I know what I am talking about).

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

LOL...if you have played, like I said, house league isn't competitive, neither is officiating house league...

You are in San Clemente, so I am guessing when you officiated, you were with LAHOA, probably games out of Lakewood, Anaheim, etc, right? What's the best hockey you've officiated? Just curious as you want to stake your opinion to your experience...

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Just read what I said and then watch it. There is no hip check. The puck is wrapping behind the net and Perry puts his shoulder in front of the guy like SO MANY OTHER PLAYS. Its just not a penalty. If you listen to the NBC announcers all the time you would think that the Blackhawks were 82-0-0 in the regular season, and Toews and Kane are better than Wayne Gretzky in his prime.

Nope, not a hip check, but by letter of the rule, absolutely interference...

Neither was the "hold" that you posted....but by letter of the rule, it was...so which way do you want it?

Benvolio

Nov 14, 2013
Not with a rooting interest.

Oh you can read minds now? You must be a ****ing wizard.

You're right again! I have given literally no ***** about any other team other than Anaheim! :sarcasm:

I could care less when a bad call is called against a team I am indifferent for. You notice it and then move on by the next shift.

Yeah sure that's you. I'm not going to get all up in arms during a game about one missed call whether or not it's a team I care about or not but at the same time I would like to see some actual hockey being played and not watch the refs favor one team over the other. If they're going to call **** or not call **** it's fine by me. Just be consistent with both teams.

hockey2080

May 24, 2015
You do also realize they can disallow goals based on incidental contact with no penalties right? If the puck had gone in right when Perry cut to the puck then you would probably see them say "no goal because of incidental contact" but there would be no penalty.

That would not be incidental contact. Perry doesn't have any right to push anyone into the goalie even if the puck is right there. Why are we changing the rules? Because it wasn't blatant?

Generally you have qualifications that give you knowledge in a particular subject so I was just letting you know why I am saying what I did ( Hint: Because I know what I am talking about).

Now what I do understand is that Chicago was well on its way to be down 3-1 in the series going back to Anaheim and the NHL just can't have that.

These two quotes go so nicely together!

xxgt465xx

May 3, 2009
San Clemente, CA
But aren't you the one complaining that that SHOULD be called?

If not, that's fine, but if you are....really?

You can't have it both ways...

If you think Im saying that establishing body position in puck battles should be called a penalty then you are mistaken.

My complaints are the double standard. Silfverberg call in the 3rd where he barely grazes a jersey with his fingertips. No call on a two-armed bear hug from behind on Beleskey by Hjalmarsson and an obvious two-handed baseball swing at Beleskey's neck by Crawford. They were far worse than the Silf hold or the Vatanen hook but they were let go.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
If you think Im saying that establishing body position in puck battles should be called a penalty then you are mistaken.

My complaints are the double standard. Silfverberg call in the 3rd where he barely grazes a jersey with his fingertips. No call on a two-armed bear hug from behind on Beleskey by Hjalmarsson and an obvious two-handed baseball swing at Beleskey's neck by Crawford. They were far worse than the Silf hold or the Vatanen hook but they were let go.

LOL so in your five years of officiating...did you ever have a different perspective? I mean, I know mite and squirt hockey isn't the fastest, but how often did you have slow motion replay to tell you what happened?

xxgt465xx

May 3, 2009
San Clemente, CA
That would not be incidental contact. Perry doesn't have any right to push anyone into the goalie even if the puck is right there. Why are we changing the rules? Because it wasn't blatant?

These two quotes go so nicely together!

I don't lose focus on the fact that the NHL is a business and businesses need to protect their profits. So I have absolutely no apologies for saying the NHL is calling these games in the Hawks favor when they are losing.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I don't lose focus on the fact that the NHL is a business and businesses need to protect their profits. So I have absolutely no apologies for saying the NHL is calling these games in the Hawks favor when they are losing.

Which is where you lose ALL credibility....

xxgt465xx

May 3, 2009
San Clemente, CA
LOL so in your five years of officiating...did you ever have a different perspective? I mean, I know mite and squirt hockey isn't the fastest, but how often did you have slow motion replay to tell you what happened?

What do you mean by different perspective? Someone telling me to let certain things go, positioning, etc? Just clarify and I can give you an answer.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
What do you mean by different perspective? Someone telling me to let certain things go, positioning, etc? Just clarify and I can give you an answer.

Well, according to you and your 5 year experience and able to watch slow motion, you determined that the Silverberg penalty wasn't as bad as the Belesky hold,

When you were officiating, did something look like a penalty that others told you it wasn't?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad