Prospect Info: Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part V - The Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Kellan Lain from LSSU is getting a lot of interest from DET, PHX, ANA, and VAN. He could sign as early as 48 hours according to Bob McKenzie on Twitter. He's 6'6" 210lbs center. His stats arent great about .5ppg but a 4th line shut down center would be nice. Anyone know anything about him?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Awesome! I've been a big fan. Unfortunately he didn't put up a huge amount of points this year so he probably won't get much in the way of Hobey Baker votes but winning that award certainly bodes well for his pro career.

He wasn't one of SCSU's Hobey Nominee's anyway. We nominated Dowd, Hanowski and LeBlanc. If he comes back, he likely would be a nominee next season.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Exactly.

But is he theoretically eligible to play for GR/DRW after his team is finished in SEL?

I'm not sure I remember a European joining after their season btu I think they should be able to. Junior players can do it and still return to junior afterwards

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
I'm not sure I remember a European joining after their season btu I think they should be able to. Junior players can do it and still return to junior afterwards

Silfvberg did last year with Ottawa, after the SEL playoffs he came over and joined them in the playoffs. I don't see Jarnkrok won't be able to do the same, especailly when he is on loan from the Wings right now.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Marchenko's team lost 2-0 in game 5 and lost the series. He did not play tonight. I wonder if CSKA would let him move before his contract runs out which I guess is around April? Maybe Fedorov will let him come over.

Bäckman scored in their game 2 which is still on, they lead 4-1 after two periods. He only scored twice in the regular season.

---

Bäckman added an assist on an empty net goal. He was a +2, played 18:37 and had 6 shots on goal which was more than anyone else in the game.

Corey Pronman @coreypronman
In West Conf OHL Coaches Poll, #RedWings Sproul named Best Off D, hardest shot, 2nd best skater, 2nd best shot.
Full list: http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/ohl-western-conference-coaches-poll

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Corey Pronman @coreypronman
In West Conf OHL Coaches Poll, #RedWings Sproul named Best Off D, hardest shot, 2nd best skater, 2nd best shot
Of those, I like the 2nd best skater the most. Reports of his skating have been up and down, going between "pretty good for a big guy" to "really good." I guess it's closer to really good.

edit: check out these votes.

Hardest Shot

1. Ryan Sproul, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (41) - finished first in voting in 2011-12

2. Alex Basso, Sarnia Sting (12)

3. Cody Ceci, Owen Sound Attack (11) - finished first in East voting in 2011-12

and

Best Offensive Defenceman

1. Ryan Sproul, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (39) - finished second in voting in 2011-12

2. Cody Ceci, Owen Sound Attack (17) - finished second in East voting in 2011-12

3. Anthony DeAngelo, Sarnia Sting (12)

Last edited:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Pronman on Jensen: "Jensen though will turn 23 next September and is far along enough in his development that, should he sign with the Red Wings, he could be an option next season for NHL time." Calls him a "very talented defenseman who can show above-average to plus mobility, puck skills and puck moving ability" and ok defensively.

Hopefully the Wings can sign him and he doesn't pull a Schultz.

RedWingsNow*

Pronman has very little credibility when it comes to Red Wings prospects.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Of those, I like the 2nd best skater the most. Reports of his skating have been up and down, going between "pretty good for a big guy" to "really good." I guess it's closer to really good.

edit: check out these votes.

Hardest Shot

1. Ryan Sproul, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (41) - finished first in voting in 2011-12

2. Alex Basso, Sarnia Sting (12)

3. Cody Ceci, Owen Sound Attack (11) - finished first in East voting in 2011-12

and

Best Offensive Defenceman

1. Ryan Sproul, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (39) - finished second in voting in 2011-12

2. Cody Ceci, Owen Sound Attack (17) - finished second in East voting in 2011-12

3. Anthony DeAngelo, Sarnia Sting (12)

I'd think that if a guy like Dougie Hamilton could make a good team like the B's then perhaps there's a shot a shlub like Ryan Sproul could make the Wings next season.

Jul 30, 2005
I'd think that if a guy like Dougie Hamilton could make a good team like the B's then perhaps there's a shot a shlub like Ryan Sproul could make the Wings next season.
There's no way. Hamilton is decent defensively, but Sproul needs some work. That's what separates the two guys, really; they've both got excellent offensive games, but Hamilton brings more of a two-way package.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
There's no way. Hamilton is decent defensively, but Sproul needs some work. That's what separates the two guys, really; they've both got excellent offensive games, but Hamilton brings more of a two-way package.

That's a good point but man does our power play just completely suck. We need that big shot from the point. Third pairing mins with time on the power play.

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
The 13/14 season appears to be where we see a log jam of our most talented prospects. Jarnkrok leads the group, I don't think there's a question about that and should be a lock for our opening day roster if Kenny drops some bad habits(Cleary, buyout Sammy). What do you guys think will happen with these guys, they all signed ELC's last year:

-Sproul(obvious big ahl mins)
-Ouellet(same as Sproul)
-Pulkkinen
-Frk
-Tvrdon
-Marchenko
-Backman

GT500x

Im OK where we're at
Jun 15, 2008
My comfort zone
The 13/14 season appears to be where we see a log jam of our most talented prospects. Jarnkrok leads the group, I don't think there's a question about that and should be a lock for our opening day roster if Kenny drops some bad habits(Cleary, buyout Sammy). What do you guys think will happen with these guys, they all signed ELC's last year:

-Ouellet(same as Sproul)
-Pulkkinen
-Frk
-Tvrdon
-Marchenko
-Backman

I wouldn't bet on that happening. He's just as set in his ways as Babcock is.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
What do you guys think will happen with these guys, they all signed ELC's last year:

-Ouellet(same as Sproul)
-Pulkkinen
-Frk
-Tvrdon
-Marchenko
-Backman

Pulkkinen should come over, AHL top line.

Frk should play a role similar to the one Jurco plays this season in the AHL. The alternative would be to send him back to the CHL as an overager, but i don't know if that is an option.

Tvrdon won't have played competitive hockey for almost a year so it's quite possible he starts off in the ECHL. Same here, could he be returned to the CHL as an overager? This one would make a little sense as opposed to Frk considering he just lost a year.

Marchenko, sounds like the decision will be up to him and he's positive to join the Griffins. I hope he does.

Backman will play another year in Sweden.

Jul 30, 2005
Tvrdon won't have played competitive hockey for almost a year so it's quite possible he starts off in the ECHL. Same here, could he be returned to the CHL as an overager? This one would make a little sense as opposed to Frk considering he just lost a year.
Considering Tvrdon is already signed, I could see them giving him a shot at the pros first. If he can't handle it, back to junior he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad