Prospect Info: Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part V - The Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Moose won 3-1, Frk pointless. Mac and Jo still out.

Hudon had a goal.

Ouellet had a goal.

Sproul -2 in a 6-2 loss.

Quine had an assist.

Nedolmel +1
Paterson 40/43 saves in a 4-3 SO win. 2nd star.
Jensen 1+0, +3, 1 SOG
Marshall 1+0, +/- 0, 2 PIM, 2 SOG
McKee 0+1, +1, 3 SOG
De Haas 0+0

Jensen and Marshall end their regular seasons today, De Haas on Sunday. McKee has 12 more games left with Lincoln, 41 PIM to go for the all-time season record (319)... :sarcasm:

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Good weekend to be a fan of Guelph Storm and the Red Wings. Guelph played SSM last night and get to play Saginaw tonight. Sproul and Paterson!

Sproul last night was average. Even 5 on 5 he didn't generate much on the offensive side. The shot and his PP QB skills were evident though, he could probably run the Wings PP right now with ease. His defensive play was okay, and he was more physical then I had seen before (although everyone was hitting everybody, chippy game).

Hopefully I'll have a good read on Paterson after tonight's game.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Paterson 40/43 saves in a 4-3 SO win. 2nd star.
Jensen 1+0, +3, 1 SOG
Marshall 1+0, +/- 0, 2 PIM, 2 SOG
McKee 0+1, +1, 3 SOG
De Haas 0+0

Jensen and Marshall end their regular seasons today, De Haas on Sunday. McKee has 12 more games left with Lincoln, 41 PIM to go for the all-time season record (319)... :sarcasm:

Nice night for our NCAA d-men. :handclap:

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Good weekend to be a fan of Guelph Storm and the Red Wings.

Nice jinx MLB. :p. They both lost and Finn got hurt.....

Paterson stopped a couple breakaways tonight, according to CJOY he's gotta be the first star. Found this great radio app, I can stream just about any station wherever I'm at. Guelph scores another ppg as I type...

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Jensen and Marshall both with an assist to end the regular season. Final stats:
Jensen: 36 GP 4+24 = 28 PTS - Slightly lower PPG than in 11-12.
Marshall: 36 GP 6+11 = 17 PTS - PPG 0.47 from last year's 0.32, 2nd among Minnesota d-men

McKee with no points but 14 PIM. Closing in on the record :)

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Paterson 34/37 in a 5-3 win.

Athanasiou had a goal +1

Quine 1a +1

Nedolmel -1

Nice night for three of those guys.

Jensen and Marshall both with an assist to end the regular season. Final stats:
Jensen: 36 GP 4+24 = 28 PTS - Slightly lower PPG than in 11-12.
Marshall: 36 GP 6+11 = 17 PTS - PPG 0.47 from last year's 0.32, 2nd among Minnesota d-men

I have no idea how the Wings will handle Jensen. I expected him to have a bit more of a breakout season. His season was solid and I can see them signing him since he is in his Junior season. Imagine adding him to GR for the playoffs, that would be a great way to see how he does in the DRW system.

Marshall is making very nice strides, he's another guy who I have no idea whether he will be signed following his Junior season next year.

grsbmd

Aug 2, 2006
Nice night for three of those guys.
Imagine adding him to GR for the playoffs, that would be a great way to see how he does in the DRW system.

But then he's stuck there. Once he plays a professional game, he can't return to the NCAA.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
But then he's stuck there. Once he plays a professional game, he can't return to the NCAA.

He is much the best player at SCSU. I think if you watched him, you would think that he doesn't have much left to prove in the college ranks. He was also tied for eigth in NCAA D1 ppg scoring among defensemen.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
No points for Marchenko tonight in game 3 of the 2nd round. He only played 5 shifts (3:15) in the 1st period as CSKA lost and are now down 2-1 in the series vs Dynamo Moscow.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Just thought I would stop by and tell you all that the Red Wings have a great prospect in Athanasiou. He has NHL speed and puck handling and with the way he will be developed I expect great things and is a pleasure to watch him dangle the top lines in the OHL every night. When he is not on the scoreboard, he is making plays for him and his linemates. I expect 80+ points next season with the Colts.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Just thought I would stop by and tell you all that the Red Wings have a great prospect in Athanasiou. He has NHL speed and puck handling and with the way he will be developed I expect great things and is a pleasure to watch him dangle the top lines in the OHL every night. When he is not on the scoreboard, he is making plays for him and his linemates. I expect 80+ points next season with the Colts.
Thanks for the update! I was a fan when he was drafted and it really seems like the trade to Barrie has only made him better. I think he's got as high of a ceiling as a scoring line forward as anyone in our prospect pool.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site

How's his defensive game looked? Do you think he could cut the NHL if he wasn't on a scoring line?

RedWingsNow*

Nice jinx MLB. :p. They both lost and Finn got hurt.....

Paterson stopped a couple breakaways tonight, according to CJOY he's gotta be the first star. Found this great radio app, I can stream just about any station wherever I'm at. Guelph scores another ppg as I type...

Name of App?

RedWingsNow*

IMO, i put AA's speed somewhere between Filppula and Fedorov.
He has decent size, great athleticism... good hands...
Whether or not he becomes a third or fourth liner who disrupts with speed or first or second liner... that's going to be the question.

People got down on him because people love to be suspicious of 17 year olds with reported attitude problems. (I'm more suspicious of people who need to be judgmental about kids than I am of kids with attitude problems). But if this kid works hard, he's a surefire NHLer. And there aren't a lot of guys you can say that about.

Great pick

Aug 6, 2012
IMO, i put AA's speed somewhere between Filppula and Fedorov.
He has decent size, great athleticism... good hands...
Whether or not he becomes a third or fourth liner who disrupts with speed or first or second liner... that's going to be the question.

People got down on him because people love to be suspicious of 17 year olds with reported attitude problems. (I'm more suspicious of people who need to be judgmental about kids than I am of kids with attitude problems). But if this kid works hard, he's a surefire NHLer. And there aren't a lot of guys you can say that about.

Great pick

Favorite pick of the draft. This kid could be something special or he could be your average bottom-sixer. Its his skating that's gonna get him into Detroit.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
How's his defensive game looked? Do you think he could cut the NHL if he wasn't on a scoring line?

I would say his defensive game is about average. He works hard and is never behind getting into the defensive zone. He has been on the second pk unit all year and has done well so I would say he would be fine on a checking line with speed and that can score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad