Prospect Info: Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part V - The Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Cusack

Oct 28, 2011
I was at the game and both goals were because of frk's shot rather than being set up be drouin. One was a snap shot the other a slapper which could have beaten an NHL goalie, laser.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Frk was pointless the last few games. Now Drouin game back..

In the first game Drouin and MacKinnon were out he hit the score sheet rather well. Frk was once believed to be a top 10 draft pick, for what it is worth he helps open up space for those guys as well. It is true that it is hard to get a huge read on their values aside from the fact they are all mega-talented juniors, but that can be used on all three guys. Obviously Drouin and MacKinnon carry the name, but I think some people in hockey circles have started to sell Frk a little short on some is his highend tools, especially the shot that both of his younger star teammates like to set him up for.

I really think if Frk's skating gets a little better, which it should as he gets better conditioning and instruction his other tools translate. The biggest thing in his way right now is the on-ice discipline issues as that is a rare thing to have in the Wings system especially in our prospects. They don't have much of that, in fact they are pretty much taking it out of Callahan as we speak. There is the kind of penalties they allow and don't allow, Frk takes a lot of the ones that get you in big trouble. It seems he has gotten a little better at it, but I see that as a big hurdle for him to watch.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I wonder if we'll see Marchenko in the AHL for a try-out. CSKA lost again tonight, series 1-3. Marchenko did not play.

---

Pulkkinen scored in their final regular season game. Was a +1, had 5 shots and 16:19 of icetime as well. His final stats are 59 games 14+20=34, +5, 260 shots, 49 PIM, 14:32 icetime. I noticed that none of the players ahead of him in scoring (#26 in the league) had a lower icetime average, for what it's worth.

Last edited:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Järnkrok 0+0, -1, 16:29 icetime in their game 1 5-0 loss...

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Calle was glued to the bench as the game got out of reach in the third. At this point I don't see how they're gonna win a game in this series.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Ouellet did not play last night, they're probably resting him? And McKee was suspended for one game, apparently for this:

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Ouellet did not play last night, they're probably resting him? And McKee was suspended for one game, apparently for this:

doesn't look like he hit him all that violently but the other player just looks like he got wrecked. I wonder what 3 years of college hockey will mold him into?
and just wondering how many PM's that give him? he's getting close to that record.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
doesn't look like he hit him all that violently but the other player just looks like he got wrecked. I wonder what 3 years of college hockey will mold him into?
and just wondering how many PM's that give him? he's getting close to that record.

He got 2+10 minutes for that, totals are 292 and the record is 316 (Chad Stauffacher, Green Bay Gamblers, 1996-97). 10 games left, shouldn't be hard to reach it.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
He looks gigantic there. Good to see him wearing the C as well. It'll be interesting to see what he can do with a few years of college, because he's certainly got the tough stuff down. He would be one helluva 7th defenseman if he can improve a bit across the board.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Pulkkinen scored in their final regular season game. Was a +1, had 5 shots and 16:19 of icetime as well. His final stats are 59 games 14+20=34, +5, 260 shots, 49 PIM, 14:32 icetime. I noticed that none of the players ahead of him in scoring (#26 in the league) had a lower icetime average, for what it's worth.

His goal at the 0:37 mark. He was wearing the golden helmet indicating the top scorer for the team because Jokerit rested Ilari Filppula (and Jarkko Ruutu).

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
OHL coaches poll will be out this week and here's Brock with he's own shot at them.

Some categories relevant for Wings prospects

Best Skater

EAST
1. Jesse Graham
2. Andreas Athanasiou
3. Alan Quine

Best Shot

WEST
1. Ryan Sproul
2. Cody Ceci
3. TIE - Andrey Pedan, Colin Miller & Kerby Rychel

Best Stickhandler

EAST
1. Ryan Strome
2. Alan Quine
3. TIE - Matthew Campagna & Riley Brace

Best Offensive Defenseman

WEST
1. Ryan Sproul
2. Cody Ceci
3. Ryan Murphy

Best Puck Handling Goalie

WEST
1. J.P. Anderson
2. John Gibson
3. Jake Paterson

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Im transferring to WMU this fall, all my buddies that go there go to nearly all the games and im sure I will do the same, amateur scouting reports on our big goon will be plentiful.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Bäckman's team lost their game 1 5-0 just like Järnkrok yesterday... He was a -1 and played 19:25.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
OHL Eastern Coach's poll
Best Stickhandler
Ryan Strome, Niagara IceDogs (35) – finished first in voting in 2011-12 and tied for first in voting in 2010-11
Andreas Athanasiou, Barrie Colts (20)
Sean Monahan, Ottawa 67’s (18)

what surprised me is Greek Lightning wasn't top 3 in best skater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes