Red Dead Redemption 2 - Reder and Deader

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Still waiting on a serious response

I didn’t love the basic outfits and then I saw all the cool trapper ones and I am satisfied I have something to work towards to

Well it’s “doable” but I thought it would have been much easier to rock an all black outfit. I was kinda disappointed in the choices.

It’s not like a huge gripe of mine just sorta surprised.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
When I know I’m walking into a trap, should I turn around and leave/kill the person? Because I’ve got so much money now I just figure “f*** it let’s see where this leads” and I lose 30 or 40 bucks.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Well it’s “doable” but I thought it would have been much easier to rock an all black outfit. I was kinda disappointed in the choices.

It’s not like a huge gripe of mine just sorta surprised.

You can buy all black clothes from any tailor, I did that for awhile towards the end

If there is any legitimate gripe about the clothing its that its kind of a pain in the butt to shop and the menu and control scheme are weird so its hard to see what all your options are

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
You can buy all black clothes from any tailor, I did that for awhile towards the end

If there is any legitimate gripe about the clothing its that its kind of a pain in the butt to shop and the menu and control scheme are weird so its hard to see what all your options are

Yeah there’s pretty much one black coat and shirt though right? And is there a vest? And the black coat is the coat you start with.

I mean the options are okay but it’s nothing amazing IMO. It keeps me from spending too much time going through all the attire I guess. And of course a big complaint among people is...no poncho.

And I haven’t looked but I’m guessing there’s no good all white attire? I agree with the controls and also a favorite option would be nice, or when you’re a tailor being able to mix and match with your other attire while your purchase would be a nice feature too.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Are all the Leo Strauss missions optional? Just crazy that those would be optional. Probably the most important events to Arthur's character development.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Still waiting on a serious response

I didn’t love the basic outfits and then I saw all the cool trapper ones and I am satisfied I have something to work towards to

The trapper outfits are too silly for my tastes. My guy is more or less dressed like Cullen Bohannon.

Last edited:
Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Killed the legendary elk and it tells me to go to a fence to get the trinket made but doesn't put one on the map, wth? I'm still super early in chapter 2, obviously.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Are all the Leo Strauss missions optional? Just crazy that those would be optional. Probably the most important events to Arthur's character development.

There's one that's tied into a main quest, but most are optional. I agree with you, though. I recommend doing all of them.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
When I know I’m walking into a trap, should I turn around and leave/kill the person? Because I’ve got so much money now I just figure “**** it let’s see where this leads” and I lose 30 or 40 bucks.
Ha. that happened to me in Saint Denis at night. I stupidly followed a guy into the alley and got jumped by two more. they knocked me out and relieved me of just over 250$

Reactions: Pilky01

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Ah, so just keep plugging on then? Since killing the elk, I've since died and no longer have the pelt, I hope it went to the trapper and I didn'tjust lose it. I still have the antler in my satchel, so I guess that's good.

I think so, but I'm probably not the best to ask. I didn't delve much into the legendary animals.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Ha. that happened to me in Saint Denis at night. I stupidly followed a guy into the alley and got jumped by two more. they knocked me out and relieved me of just over 250$

Yep. Walked into that one too.

It’s annoying because I know exactly what is going on but there is no option for me to keep my guard up or look behind myself it’s either ignore the interaction entirely, or accept the jumping.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Ah, so just keep plugging on then? Since killing the elk, I've since died and no longer have the pelt, I hope it went to the trapper and I didn'tjust lose it. I still have the antler in my satchel, so I guess that's good.
I didn't kill a legendary until after I unlocked the Trapper/Fence but, if you die with a Legendary pelt, it is in the trappers inventory in my experience. You can't sell it to them, but it's there for crafting.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
f*** badgers.

Anybody who is still early on in this game, heed my warning and don't f*** with Pearson's upgrades or trapper outfits too much, because it can destroy the fun factor in this game.

I only have one satchel left to get (the "ingredients" satchel) and I only need a perfect badger pelt to get that. I even have all the pelts ready for the final "legend of the east" thing but will this game give me a 3 star badger? f*** NO! I've watched videos and read websites and gone here and there and f***ing everywhere for several real life hours (f*** me) and what do I have to show for my troubles? Three 1 star badgers and two 2 star badgers. What asshole thought this was a fun mechanic for the game? Who wants to devote hours of their lives to hunting a :eek::eek::eek::eek: badger? Why are they so f***ing rare?!

So seriously - f*** badgers. Also f*** deer and f*** rabbits. f*** skunks and f*** raccoons. I must have seen thousands of the little bastards while looking for a 3 star badger. Throughout the rest of my time in RDR2, I will kill every rabbit, skunk, raccoon and badger out of pure spite. Not going to skin them or sell them or give them to my camp - just kill them all and leave them to rot.

Oh... by the way, does anybody have any tips for hunting 3 star badgers? I have the trinket that supposedly gives you better pelts. I hunt for them at night. Any sure fire places to go for sweet badger action?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

I just died with the legendary wolf pelt and it said it went to the trapper. I also have lost the bear one somewhere and people online said it appeared at the trappers.

Killed the legendary elk and it tells me to go to a fence to get the trinket made but doesn't put one on the map, wth? I'm still super early in chapter 2, obviously.

I’m in Chapter 2 still, too. The fence comes after a mission with Hosea, I believe his name is. It’ll be in Chapter 2.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
**** badgers.

Anybody who is still early on in this game, heed my warning and don't **** with Pearson's upgrades or trapper outfits too much, because it can destroy the fun factor in this game.

I only have one satchel left to get (the "ingredients" satchel) and I only need a perfect badger pelt to get that. I even have all the pelts ready for the final "legend of the east" thing but will this game give me a 3 star badger? **** NO! I've watched videos and read websites and gone here and there and ****ing everywhere for several real life hours (**** me) and what do I have to show for my troubles? Three 1 star badgers and two 2 star badgers. What ******* thought this was a fun mechanic for the game? Who wants to devote hours of their lives to hunting a **** badger? Why are they so ****ing rare?!

So seriously - **** badgers. Also **** deer and **** rabbits. **** skunks and **** raccoons. I must have seen thousands of the little bastards while looking for a 3 star badger. Throughout the rest of my time in RDR2, I will kill every rabbit, skunk, raccoon and badger out of pure spite. Not going to skin them or sell them or give them to my camp - just kill them all and leave them to rot.

Oh... by the way, does anybody have any tips for hunting 3 star badgers? I have the trinket that supposedly gives you better pelts. I hunt for them at night. Any sure fire places to go for sweet badger action?

Not sure if it's any consolation, but I got my badger right near the forest by the Chapter 3 camp. Like you go down that trail in the forest, and the moment you get to the clearing, I got my badger in those last few trees. Probably around dusk/sunset.

Reactions: Nickmo82

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Just finished the main game and started the epilogue. Definitely one of the best single player games I've ever played. No video game in history has ever created a world as huge and detailed as this. The story (and I know I'm not finished yet) is still a few notches below Witcher 3 for me but this game is the king of "little things." All the great stranger missions you run into out in the wilderness, the way a random person in town will walk up to you and recognize you from a crime you committed a few days ago, the way the gunsmith you pistol whipped a week ago has a bandage on his face the next time you walk in... there are just so many amazing little moments outside of the usual "get quest here, go here, return to quest giver here" it's unbelievable.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Not sure if it's any consolation, but I got my badger right near the forest by the Chapter 3 camp. Like you go down that trail in the forest, and the moment you get to the clearing, I got my badger in those last few trees. Probably around dusk/sunset.
Thanks for the tip.

Can confirm that the game is trolling me pretty hard. Just started it up and before I even moved 5 feet there was a 3 star badger looking right at me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad