Red Dead Redemption 2 - Reder and Deader

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
So I just got St Denis for a few missions and I have yet to knock someone over or hit anyone while on my horse. I know this was a big complaint but I don’t get it there seems to be lots of room to navigate. You just have to ride slower in certain areas I don’t find it bad at all.

Just wait, honestly. You will

St Denis always finds a way

Now when I head to St Denis after beating the game I just mostly run around because my horse can’t help herself from running people over

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
While trying to pillage a robbers horse’s sidebag I accidentally punched the horse and it kicked me and I died.

Is there any particular reason to draw out the main story missions other than for the sake of drawing it out? Will LOTS of important side missions get locked out? Cuz I’d like to focus on the main story for a while. Like what’s the best camp/homebase to be at? I’m on the third one, Chapter 4, southwest of St Denis and it’s a total ***** to navigate with the indoor and outdoor plus upstairs areas. Plus it’s just so far out of the way. The first two camps were much more central.

In retrospect what id do is just focus on the story missions in chapter 4 and ignore the side quests for a bit

Chapter 4 dragged a lot for me I think both because I didn’t like the setting and I tried to do too many side stuff

There’s plenty of time to do them after chapter 4

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Oh I forgot to add that I beat the game yesterday (well, Chapter VI) and that ending was quite lackluster. I think a part of it is because of how they treated the epilogue portion of the game. Will probably conduct a longer spoiler-tag version once I beat the epi because there are some issues I have with the original ending.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Absolutely loved this game. Best protagonist in a game ever imo with Arthur Morgan and the ending was great too although I have my thoughts of course on how it didn't include another alternate ending...you know what I mean.

Felt like literally playing an amazing movie

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Yeah I've spent like 8 out of 10 hours doing side quests during Chapter 4 so far. I don't mind them, the side missions are mostly interesting and enjoyable. The challenges and hunting are what really breaks the immersion for me - I get caught up for an hour doing something trivial.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Absolutely loved this game. Best protagonist in a game ever imo with Arthur Morgan and the ending was great too although I have my thoughts of course on how it didn't include another alternate ending...you know what I mean.

Felt like literally playing an amazing movie
Yeah I went into this thinking there was no way they would top John as a protagonist....but they did and then some. Arthur was perfect really.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I believe it's only 25 cents for a bath, at least at the hotel in Valentine, don't know if you gotta rent a room first, was just exploring
It is, it is everywhere (+50 cents if you want "help") and you don't need to rent a room first.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Everywhere online (though nothing official) is posting online launches this week

- Tuesday: if you own ultimate edition
- Wednesday: if you played on release day
- Thursday: if you played between the 27th to 29th of October
- Friday: Everyone else

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Everywhere online (though nothing official) is posting online launches this week

- Tuesday: if you own ultimate edition
- Wednesday: if you played on release day
- Thursday: if you played between the 27th to 29th of October
- Friday: Everyone else
I think it'll be fine on Tuesday, but after that it's probably going to be a ****show like on the GTA 5 online launch. I doubt the servers will be stable until a week or two has passed.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Cool sounds fun. I totally don’t even remember RDR1 online. Did you kill both human and CPU gangs or just CPU stuff?

I think both. It was pretty half-baked. I only remember playing one mode where I was with a bunch of other real people and we went to a gang hideout and killed/looted everyone, so it was like a co-op mode.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Don't even bother with hunting. In hindsight it was a massive waste of time. I got everything to complete the satchels near the end of chapter 4. You really don't need any additional inventory space. If you have fun then go for it but I definitely regret spending hours looking for a panther.

Also, buy everything you can. If there's a gun or an outfit you want from chapter 4 onwards just get it.

Reactions: ArchAngel55

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Has anyone done the Exotic Collector mission from Saint Denis? Wow that takes a long time finding Egrets. I killed one Reddish Egret and it landed in the water. I was just about to skin it when an Alligator ate it! Scared the crap out of me.

Reactions: Pay Carl

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Just wait, honestly. You will

St Denis always finds a way

Now when I head to St Denis after beating the game I just mostly run around because my horse can’t help herself from running people over

After 20 or so hours I finally did the “oops I meant to hop on my horse not strangle this guy!”

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
After 20 or so hours I finally did the “oops I meant to hop on my horse not strangle this guy!”

Hasn’t happened to me yet actually, I’ve been lucky. But I’ve run so many people over with my horse on accident

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Dumb question but I assume I need PS Online to play this? Free multiplayer was ended after PS3? I haven't tried playing a PS game online since GTA 5 on PS3.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I believe it's only 25 cents for a bath, at least at the hotel in Valentine, don't know if you gotta rent a room first, was just exploring

yep 25c and don't need a room. you can also pay for a deluxe bath which is 50c extra, but unless you are a 13 yr old boy there is really no reason for the deluxe bath and wasting 50c

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Don't even bother with hunting. In hindsight it was a massive waste of time. I got everything to complete the satchels near the end of chapter 4. You really don't need any additional inventory space. If you have fun then go for it but I definitely regret spending hours looking for a panther.

Also, buy everything you can. If there's a gun or an outfit you want from chapter 4 onwards just get it.

If you want a winter cold weather outfit you pretty much have to hunt though right? I never seen anything cold weather for purchase, you gotta give stuff to the trapper.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
The cloths from chapter 1 are winter weight. I've never bought cloths or used the trapper (I do hunt for money, food & crafting at camp) but I have Winter cloths (it's like a heavy blue jacket) & summer (light brown jacket). They are complete outfits and both were just on my horse once I got to when I needed them (IE, I didn't mess with changing cloths until prompted in the story & always had outfits to use of the appropriate weight).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad