Red Dead Redemption 2 - Reder and Deader

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I don't know any spoilers about the ending nor do I want any spoilers about the ending, but I am getting the idea that Rockstar will kill off Arthur due to his sickness like they've done in previous games. So that's why I want to complete side-missions and hunting trips since I love Arthur as a character all due to my fearmongering.

If my memory is correct you are getting pretty close to the end of Chapter VI. That's all I'll say.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
One mission away from the end of Chapter 6, and I fall off a cliff with my White Arabian on my way back to camp, and it dies (I died too so I couldn't revive it)

I was so bummed. I tried reloading a save but it was too late

And then Chapter 6 ends. God damn what an emotional night that was

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
One mission away from the end of Chapter 6, and I fall off a cliff with my White Arabian on my way back to camp, and it dies (I died too so I couldn't revive it)

You can buy the Black Arabian horse at the Saint Denis stable for $1000 ($787 with discount) once you've reached chapter 4. I think it's slightly better as well.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Anyone encounter the glitch where an animal's carcass disappears before you can skin it?
It's happened to me a number of times. I just sniped an Elk and then went to go skin it, picked a flower on the way when I was like 10 feet away and it disappeared. Might be the most infuriating glitch I've encountered in a game in a long time.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Yes, it's just the first part where it's a farming simulator, that's boring.

That sounds exactly like the end of RDR1

Then, as most of us know, the real end of RDR happened and boy was it something

RDR has a way of boring you with some slow missions, and then BAM a huge exciting one

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
That sounds exactly like the end of RDR1

Then, as most of us know, the real end of RDR happened and boy was it something

RDR has a way of boring you with some slow missions, and then BAM a huge exciting one

FYI this is the third game in the series so you should specific whether or not you’re talking about Red Dead Redemption or Red Dead Revolver.

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo

You can go back and tame a new one in the same place as the original one. Found this out yesterday when I was on the run in Ste. Denis and a cart decided to pull out in front of me and my horse ended up in front of a cop shooting wildly at me only for us both to die.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
You can go back and tame a new one in the same place as the original one. Found this out yesterday when I was on the run in Ste. Denis and a cart decided to pull out in front of me and my horse ended up in front of a cop shooting wildly at me only for us both to die.
You can get a new horse, but you can never truly replace your first one.

Rest in peace to my sweet Isabella </3

she passed away in a freak train accident when I accidentally dismounted on the train tracks and tried to snap a selfie.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

she passed away in a freak train accident when I accidentally dismounted on the train tracks and tried to snap a selfie.

Lol lost my first horse in a bogus train accident as well, went back to the stable and got another War horse but it just wasn't the same so I upgraded to the black Arabian.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Lol lost my first horse in a bogus train accident as well, went back to the stable and got another War horse but it just wasn't the same so I upgraded to the black Arabian.
It was traumatizing dude, I was going to take a photo and was looking through the lens, decided I'd snap a selfie, as the selfie cam comes up I see the train approaching and thing "hmm, that'll make a nice background", before I realized what was about to happen. :(

I may buy the black Arabian just to have something different, and because I don't really have anything to spend my money on, lol.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
It was traumatizing dude, I was going to take a photo and was looking through the lens, decided I'd snap a selfie, as the selfie cam comes up I see the train approaching and thing "hmm, that'll make a nice background", before I realized what was about to happen. :(

I may buy the black Arabian just to have something different, and because I don't really have anything to spend my money on, lol.

that is kind of funny in a way though lol.

I don't even know how mine died. I am assuming it tried to follow the train I boarded?! I did the gunslinger missions for the guy writing the book, hitched my horse and boarded the train to duel one of the characters...got to Saint Denis....whistled for my horse and was told it was dead lmao.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
that is kind of funny in a way though lol.

I don't even know how mine died. I am assuming it tried to follow the train I boarded?! I did the gunslinger missions for the guy writing the book, hitched my horse and boarded the train to duel one of the characters...got to Saint Denis....whistled for my horse and was told it was dead lmao.
It's funny but also traumatizing.

Yeah, mine died once when I was trying to jump to a train, got too close to the train. I think being hit by a train is insta-death for a horse, because I couldn't even revive it after that. (thankfully I re-loaded that time).

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
The clothing options in this game is quite lack luster.

It might just be the games I've played recently, but I found the ability to customize your clothing to the extent they allow without having to go through a cash shop refreshing. :laugh:

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
The clothing options in this game is quite lack luster.
Have you been to the trapper? There are a bunch of outfits in there that you have to hunt and turn in pelts for. I actually find mixing and matching the various outfits pretty fun. I've spent a pretty long time piecing together outfits. #RootinTootinSwag

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
FYI this is the third game in the series so you should specific whether or not you’re talking about Red Dead Redemption or Red Dead Revolver.

99% of people never played Red Dead Revolver, so I feel like it's common sense that RDR1 refers to Red Dead Redemption 1.

When I first got the White Arabian, I didn't know if my original horse Derpy would follow me back, so I towed her all the way back to the stable. Derpy has since been retired in the stable.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Have you been to the trapper? There are a bunch of outfits in there that you have to hunt and turn in pelts for. I actually find mixing and matching the various outfits pretty fun. I've spent a pretty long time piecing together outfits. #RootinTootinSwag

I have and they did not do a thing for me.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
99% of people never played Red Dead Revolver, so I feel like it's common sense that RDR1 refers to Red Dead Redemption 1.

When I first got the White Arabian, I didn't know if my original horse Derpy would follow me back, so I towed her all the way back to the stable. Derpy has since been retired in the stable.
Yeah, I felt bad for poor Butter (my first horse). Rode him all the way up into the snowy area, made him watch me catch a new horse, then made him follow me all the way back to the stable. lol

I felt even worse when my White Arabian died and I finally took Butter out of the stable, only for him to watch me catch a second Arabian and follow me back to the stable again, lol.

Hmm, I guess we have different expectations then, adding together the clothing store items + the trapper items I have been able to find all kinds of awesome combos.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to go get one again and at least keep it in my stable

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah, I felt bad for poor Butter (my first horse). Rode him all the way up into the snowy area, made him watch me catch a new horse, then made him follow me all the way back to the stable. lol

I felt even worse when my White Arabian died and I finally took Butter out of the stable, only for him to watch me catch a second Arabian and follow me back to the stable again, lol.

Hmm, I guess we have different expectations then, adding together the clothing store items + the trapper items I have been able to find all kinds of awesome combos.

An outlaw has to look stylin yo.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

what exactly are you expecting? I'm so confused

with the trapper outfits and the ones you can buy from a tailor I feel like all possibilities are covered. are you expecting some space cowboy shit or what?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad