Red Dead Redemption 2 - Reder and Deader

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Yeah, for the people who are doing legendary pelts, you can use any single gun because they will always be perfect.

I grabbed a perfect male buck elk pelt yesterday, but had to drop it to finish the gunslinger stranger mission. FML.

Go get the Legendary Deer. You get a much higher chance for perfect pelts. Soon as I killed him and got the trinket from the Fence it was 3-stars all over the place by Emerald Station.

Reactions: S E P H

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Where in the hell does one find a perfect cougar and wolf pelt?

Way out west, past Strawberry is cougar territory - there's a trapper in the area... anywhere near that guy. It has a rather spotty spawn. I ran around for about 30 minutes the other day and nothing... then I was just riding past yesterday and nearly got sprung by a 3 star cougar and killed it. It's just dumb luck I guess.

I'm pretty sure you can find lots of wolves in the snowy area where you start the game - you were attacked by wolves when you rescued John if you recall.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Random event spoiler but

OMFG I was on my way out of St Denis to hunt when some dude fell off his horse all wounded and shit so I picked him up and took him to the doctor and the doctor just shoots him with some morphine or whatever, knocks him out, then just saws the guy’s are off clean! :laugh:

he said don’t watch but OF COURSE I stayed to watch! Not too gory.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I found a consistent spawn point for the cougar. It's all the way West of strawberry. Place a waypoint on the trapper that's out there and approach on the path from the south. The radar will lay down a broken red line to take you off the path to the trapper. If you just ride around in circles right where it takes you left off the path you will get a cougar to spawn within five minutes every time. Just ride off the path and back on in wide circles. It also spawns a grizzly and very occasionally a pack of grey wolves. I had to reload a save a few times before I got a perfect pelt but it spawned a cougar each time. I did this around midnight.

Reactions: Timeless Winter

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Anyone think this game could do some pretty amazing and wacky DLC? Based on the Undead Nightmare DLC, I feel like anything is possible.

I'd love to see a dinosaur DLC where you hunt dinosaurs (the bones could be a precursor to it). A fantasy DLC would be awesome as well (dragons, trolls, giants, spiders...basically a more realistic skyrim). I think these are unlikely given that online multiplayer will probably be the priority going forward though.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Anyone think this game could do some pretty amazing and wacky DLC? Based on the Undead Nightmare DLC, I feel like anything is possible.

I'd love to see a dinosaur DLC where you hunt dinosaurs (the bones could be a precursor to it). A fantasy DLC would be awesome as well (dragons, trolls, giants, spiders...basically a more realistic skyrim). I think these are unlikely given that online multiplayer will probably be the priority going forward though.
I'm not too optimistic about Rockstar putting out single player DLC. I fully expect them to go the GTA 5 (online) route.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I just completed Chapter 6. What a freakin' ride.

Not really a spoiler IMO, but I'll put it in tags just in case:

The transition to the epilogue sucks. To go from the end of 6 to the quests at the beginning of the epilogue is such a drag.

I highly recommend taking a break at the end of Chapter 6 and starting the epilogue later as an expansion

Last edited:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
It's amazing the amount of stuff that's out there that you could so easily miss. I didn't even realize you can get stagecoach robbery tips from people other then Alden until I dropped by Strawberry and the icon popped up. Apparently there are a whole bunch of homesteads out there that I haven't even checked out either. Then you think about all the great stranger missions that only show on the map when you're close by and I figure I'm probably still missing out on tons of stuff.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
It's amazing the amount of stuff that's out there that you could so easily miss. I didn't even realize you can get stagecoach robbery tips from people other then Alden until I dropped by Strawberry and the icon popped up. Apparently there are a whole bunch of homesteads out there that I haven't even checked out either. Then you think about all the great stranger missions that only show on the map when you're close by and I figure I'm probably still missing out on tons of stuff.

It is crazy the amount of detail and content they have put into this. Even the stranger side missions are very enjoyable and well written. I've done every stranger/side mission I've seen since starting the game, and I only just started Chapter 4 after probably like 20-30 hours of playing lol. I've really enjoyed taking my time with the storyline and focusing on all the other things available. This might be the best 'side quest' game of all time.

Reactions: CPTN71

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I'd say no. Nothing exciting or surprising happens in it and it's like 10 hours.

A really lacklustre way to finish the game.

That's really disappointing. It was a great opportunity to tie things together with the first one.

It's not too often you'll catch me saying this, but I almost think this should have been an expansion. :laugh:

The pacing is just so off, and feels like you're going back to the slow pace at the start of the game except without nearly as much of the backstory exposition.

Going from an epic and emotional ending to doing literal farm chores is such a...well, chore!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Chapter VI question.
I want to do many of the stranger side missions that I can before I decide to finish the game, so I would like to know how far I am to beating the final chapter? Currently I am on the missions with Captain Monroe and where John and I have to blow up the bridge to make it look like the Indian tribe did it. I would love to trust the percentage counter in the game where it says how long I am with the story, but can't really trust it since you guys say that the epilogue is like a million hours long and quite boring.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That's really disappointing. It was a great opportunity to tie things together with the first one.

It's not too often you'll catch me saying this, but I almost think this should have been an expansion. :laugh:

The pacing is just so off, and feels like you're going back to the slow pace at the start of the game except without nearly as much of the backstory exposition.

Going from an epic and emotional ending to doing literal farm chores is such a...well, chore!

It is a nice call back to the previous game (same thing happens in a different way) but it is emblematic of what I perceive to be the game's greatest shortcoming: it thinks far too highly of itself and likes to take the (very) long way home.

The first game knew how to get to the point.

Reactions: Commander Clueless

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Chapter XI question.
I want to do many of the stranger side missions that I can before I decide to finish the game, so I would like to know how far I am to beating the final chapter? Currently I am on the missions with Captain Monroe and where John and I have to blow up the bridge to make it look like the Indian tribe did it. I would love to trust the percentage counter in the game where it says how long I am with the story, but can't really trust it since you guys say that the epilogue is like a million hours long and quite boring.

I wouldn't worry about it, stranger quests don't become unavailable.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I wouldn't worry about it, stranger quests don't become unavailable.
I don't know any spoilers about the ending nor do I want any spoilers about the ending, but I am getting the idea that Rockstar will kill off Arthur due to his sickness like they've done in previous games. So that's why I want to complete side-missions and hunting trips since I love Arthur as a character all due to my fearmongering.

Also I don't think there is one bad character in van der Linde gang - everyone came on a different and believable accord and everyone has developed in regards to their personality. If I had to pick one, I think Sadie is my favourite because she's the one you see develop the most from this sad and depressed woman losing her husband to acceptance to a murdering fist of vengeance throughout the chapters. However, the best character thus far is still Micah (haven't beat the game so don't know what happens, but I have my theories), the absolute amount I hate him and want to shoot him on a daily basis is fantastic work by Rockstar.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
It is a nice call back to the previous game (same thing happens in a different way) but it is emblematic of what I perceive to be the game's greatest shortcoming: it thinks far too highly of itself and likes to take the (very) long way home.

The first game knew how to get to the point.

I felt this way in Chapter 1, 5, and the epilogue.

Chapter 5 should've just been straight up cut in my opinion. 1 & epilogue should move much faster than they do.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Chapter XI question.

There's a Chapter 11? :laugh:

Just razzin' ya...

You've got a few quests yet before the ending sequence of chapter 6, but you're not too far off. I can't really think of a way to tell you when to stop without spoilers, so I'd say do as much as you can now.

Reactions: S E P H

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I really liked the Henri Lemieux side mission. Gave me a GTA3 vibe being the henchman for the big boss again. Liked that it ended with a real choice too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->