Red Dead Redemption 2 - Reder and Deader

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Everything that goes on with the Downes family is pretty heartbreaking. I have to give the devs credit in the sense that they did a really good job of working in subtle but powerful emotional moments in this game. Just ran into the widow Downes in St. Denis and it's not a happy moment.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy ****, I just played the New Orleans bank robbery and man that is heartbreaking a million percent.

I just got to chapter V to the island of Guarma (I think that's how it's spelled) and was wondering what should I know about this place? Can I access this place again after I am done with it?

Is there anything secret I need to know about? Any animals that I need to catch that are not found in the main game? Legendary animals?

Thanks gents!

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Holy ****, I just played the New Orleans bank robbery and man that is heartbreaking a million percent.

I just got to chapter V to the island of Guarma (I think that's how it's spelled) and was wondering what should I know about this place? Can I access this place again after I am done with it?

Is there anything secret I need to know about? Any animals that I need to catch that are not found in the main game? Legendary animals?

Thanks gents!
You can never go back....

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
This game is incredible, tedious, frustrating, and amazing all at once. When more people finish it, this will probably be widely regarded as the best video game ever made, and it is true.
The buttons are hard to get used to, still learning if I should press L1, L2, R1 or R2 to draw a weapon on a horse and not fire. I die often because I cant remember how to get into dead eye. Maybe I need a cheat sheet of button layouts handwritten sitting next to me as I play.
Only 20% complete but I'm going through as slow as possible to enjoy. You can f*** around a little bit and before you know it you've been playing 2 hours and it feels like 5 minutes.
Loving this game so much.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
are there actually fast travel points in this game?? Because most of the time all I'm doing is riding.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
are there actually fast travel points in this game?? Because most of the time all I'm doing is riding.
You can buy train tickets at the post offices, you can also use the stage-coach to fast travel. Also, it is possible to fast travel from your camp after a couple of upgrades (cost about $550, and you can only fast travel FROM the camp).

Reactions: Nickmo82 and JJ68

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
You can buy train tickets at the post offices, you can also use the stage-coach to fast travel. Also, it is possible to fast travel from your camp after a couple of upgrades (cost about $550, and you can only fast travel FROM the camp).

Discovering the fast travel from camp has rocked my world.

Also, I didn't realize at first that you can set your horse on autopilot and go make a coffee or something. I use it all the time in town because otherwise I seem to crash into people. :laugh:

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Discovering the fast travel from camp has rocked my world.

Also, I didn't realize at first that you can set your horse on autopilot and go make a coffee or something. I use it all the time in town because otherwise I seem to crash into people. :laugh:
Dude, I just discovered this, i always throught you had to hold/tap X to keep moving. Game changer, lol.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017

ahh good to know. thanks, will be helpful.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You can never go back....
Yeah I beat that part because I wanted to do a couple missions which I thought was going to open up the place, but when I got to the third one, it was pretty much only autopilot until you left - that's really dumb by Rockstar there. Except you can go back from the glitch players discovered correct?

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
How do you set your horse to autopilot? When I go into cinematic view I still have to hold X or the horse stops moving eventually.
I just figured this out. With the regular/default control scheme, get your horse up to the speed you want to travel & hold down X, then hold the cinematic view button & that should do it. PS4 it's hold x then the touch pad. When the camera switches, you are locked in.

As was said above, you can still get held up/attacked as you travel this way but you can also take a piss/have a drink etc. Or just enjoy the view.

Edit: Also you can speed it up by tapping X or slow down with R1 while doing it & it doesn't take you out of the auto travel. Moving the direction stick around will.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I gotta be honest I’m hitting the point I hit in many Rockstar games where I’ve just gotten kind of bored of the story. And it seems like that feeling is only exacerbated by the deliberately slow pace of the gameplay.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I met a very peculiar (and drunk) French man in Saint Denis last night. It was such an odd encounter, it didn't seem to set off any chain of missions or give me any type of item or anything like this. I'm sure he will pop up again at some point, but it was a rather interesting encounter, lol.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
So I will be honest in the fact I am probably too impatient to hunt and go through the necessary steps for perfect pelts. So that being sad, can I just go and buy the satchels to upgrade and carry more stuff. If so, any idea where I can go? I am in chapter 3 and havent been to Saint Denis yet mind you.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I’m almost done with Chapter 3 and the story seems to be picking up. I did some exploring around Strawberry too and that was fun with that mountain.

I’m usually a guy who stops Rockstar games around this point but don’t feel that at all right now.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad