Red Dead Redemption 2 - Reder and Deader

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
You can find all (or almost all) of the birds in one place:

View attachment 834678

I thought I had followed a video for this but maybe not. Go to that point on the map at noon, there will be a bunch of birds. Shoot and collect whatever you can, then ride to Rhodes, fast travel to Emerald Station and make a camp. Sleep for as long as you can and go back to that spot.

Of all the things I had to grind the stuff that was basically random (like literally all the animal spawns you mentioned) was infuriating. If I knew I could make something appear, that was alright.
Yeah I think I came across this exact article. A spot southeast of Rhodes at the coast ended up working better for me.

Luckily the second step only has herons, which I already plucked plenty of. The herbs are easy since the spawns are fixed.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I don’t know how you guys have the patience to 100% a game doing stuff like that. More power to ya but it seems completely absurd to me
When I first started playing games, I did it for God of War (2018), but can't imagine ever doing something like that again. RDR2 sounds like it turns that to 11.

I have platinum'ed Bloodborne, Sekiro, and Elden Ring, but those are mostly beat all the bosses, get all the endings, fully upgrade a weapon, etc. Stuff that I mostly did naturally playing through the game. Just a few clean up items that I needed to look up afterwards.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It helps tremendously if the environment of the game itself lends itself to be able to spend a ton of time in there doing whatever. It gives you something to do in that beautiful landscape.
That’s a very fair point with RDR2 for sure. Not many games built a masterpiece for you to explore in.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think most of this game's challenges are enjoyable, with a few burdens here and there. I did a much more thorough playthrough this time, so by the time I had the main story finished I was close enough to 100% that I couldn't not go for it. But if you rush trough the main story and then start doing all 90 challenges, side quests etc. in a row... yeah you're going to hate the game very soon.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I don’t know how you guys have the patience to 100% a game doing stuff like that. More power to ya but it seems completely absurd to me
Spite was the main thing that kept me going.

RDR's 100% and miscellany were nowhere near as bad because they weren't as involving. The map was smaller and there less stuff to do which is a given, but even the process of doing them was much less aggravating. If you needed to collect ten of a plant, you go to where it is and you can physically see and recognise it on the ground in front of you. In RDR2 you need to go where it is then press R3 to show you which of the plants you can see are actually collectable then you need to go over to see if it's the right one because there's about 50 in-game and half of them look the same.

I know nobody else on the internet seems to have the problems with the world as I do but all of it just felt like a game actively working against making itself enjoyable. I realise this doesn't actually expand as an answer to your question but if the game and its world are engaging and pleasant places to be, it's nice to feel as if you're getting the most out of it.

Reactions: Neil Racki

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Some games have 100% requirements that are just time wasting, arbitrary picking up of unmarked stuff scattered across the map, or stunt jumps with dumb impossible requirements, etc. I think RDR2's list, while extensive, all made sense in the context of the game. Only the gambler ones were arbitrary IMO.

Sep 19, 2008
this game has an amazing amount of detail from stores having hours to you actually being wanted for murder for shooting people with witnesses. shot the guy fighting with drunk reverend cause I got bored of grappling with him ufc style. next thing you know I'm wanted for murder and the game says to silence the witness 😂

Sep 19, 2008
RDR2 happens about 10-15 years before RDR which is why it was so stupid for Rockstar to not port RDR to PC. Releasing RDR again, for Xbox's prior generation and switch? is dumb. They didn't even bother porting it to PC, yet RDR2 had no issue.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
f***ing A ... triggering the pearson scout jacket request is so random. I think it does help to trigger if your cores are empty and camp cores are empty but ive triggered on full cores as well.

Ive gotten it on half my playthroughs.

Spent maybe 4 hours past week trying to trigger it .. getting f***ing annoying keeping my cores empty, camp cores empty

I believe once you free Sean it doesnt trigger anymore?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Finishing up Chapter 3 soon I think, not quite sure how far i've progressed (Arthur just escaped the O'Driscoll's after that clear trap of a meeting Dutch agreed to).

Love the game still but am taking a little break due to not having a ton of time lately. There's A LOT of "follow this yellow trail on your horse and get into an unexpected shootout" so far. A lot. Still an awesome world with awesome characters and I'll absolutely finish the game. Overall enjoying myself but the missions are getting a little repetitive if I'm being honest.

Sep 19, 2008
I've just reached Chapter 3 last night. I need to unlock fast travel, but as said before, this game is simply amazing in the amount of detail and what can happen to you. I was planning to leave the lake camp and visit Valentine which I was locked out from, but got robbed (and killed) during a hold up in the process :laugh:

Also, the adverse reactions to you popping up to random strangers with a greet interaction is hilarious. Some guy by himself out camping at night, ride up to him and greet, he tells me to get lost and immediately gets aggressive, have to defend myself

"Hey there, mister!"

Reactions: Bocephus86

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I've just reached Chapter 3 last night. I need to unlock fast travel, but as said before, this game is simply amazing in the amount of detail and what can happen to you. I was planning to leave the lake camp and visit Valentine which I was locked out from, but got robbed (and killed) during a hold up in the process :laugh:

Also, the adverse reactions to you popping up to random strangers with a greet interaction is hilarious. Some guy by himself out camping at night, ride up to him and greet, he tells me to get lost and immediately gets aggressive, have to defend myself

"Hey there, mister!"
Those campers are always antagonistic.

I learned my favorite way to kill NPCs in the game was to hogtie them and then drop them onto their own campfires.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

I learned my favorite way to kill NPCs in the game was to hogtie them and then drop them onto their own campfires.
One time I was riding my horse and a man and his wife, riding their horse in the opposite direction, crashed into me and then got mad at me. I hogtied both of them, brought them to a campfire, and burned the husband while the wife had to watch and then threw her in next. There’s probably something wrong with me

Sep 19, 2008
I usually do the shortest option which is losing my fuse and pulling a revolver out. I will say though I was coming back from St Denis and this woman on the street wanted help, I accidentally hit her with my horse when trying to get off and she ran away. I just wanted to help

Also I should probably look into fast travel

Sep 19, 2008
Recently started lassoing more objects, some guy drew his gun on me so I lassoed him and dragged him back to camp :laugh:

Dutch: "Who's our guest you got here."

I ran into 2 men who told me to mind their own business, they drew a weapon on me so I shot them both and dragged them into the fire to destroy evidence

I should have done it to them live :laugh:

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Recently started lassoing more objects, some guy drew his gun on me so I lassoed him and dragged him back to camp :laugh:

Dutch: "Who's our guest you got here."

I ran into 2 men who told me to mind their own business, they drew a weapon on me so I shot them both and dragged them into the fire to destroy evidence

I should have done it to them live :laugh:
There's this guy on the TikToks that takes any NPC that gives them flack, lassoes them, and then drops them off the highest point the same bridge every time. lol

Sep 19, 2008
There's this guy on the TikToks that takes any NPC that gives them flack, lassoes them, and then drops them off the highest point the same bridge every time. lol
my favorite is to antagonize and run away. "Looks like the town idiot."

I saw some prisoners working who flipped out on officers and ran away. I hauled a law man corpse to the road and someone saw and was a witness. chased him to Rhodes, lassod him, lassod pursing officer to chapter 3 camp 🤣 then got a message that I couldn't bring lawmen into camp.

made it to chapter 4 and saw the vaudeville show which is absolutely amazing and a true historical artifact. Unfortunately this morning while doing the Dutch mission at the saloon the game froze when I was trying to order whiskey

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00