Red Dead Redemption 2 - Reder and Deader

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
I used to check this thread whenever it was bumped, to see if there was news of it coming to PC, but stopped earlier this year because I was always being disappointed. I mostly gave up on hoping that it'd come to PC. I'm pretty surprised to see the announcement come out of nowhere and only a month before release. I guess that they were listening, after all.

BTW, it's also coming to Google Stadia in November, so it'll be launch title for that.

IMO a PC release (and an estimated release date) has probably been planned from day 1.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I might actually get this despite having played through it recently and thinking it couldn't end fast enough (because the game is so damn long, not because it isn't any good).

I am surprised at myself. I usually roll my eyes at people when they act thrilled about "double dipping".

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
IMO a PC release (and an estimated release date) has probably been planned from day 1.

They still will have listened to the demand for a PC release of RDR1. Also, so much time has passed since development of RDR2 began (2012/2013) and since the original announcement (2016) that I think that they must've heard and been encouraged by the interest in and requests for a PC release. They could've always changed their mind if it were not for all of it.

Last edited:

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
Maybe they didn't want to be criticized for putting up a wall at the border.

Funny.

But seriously, they could have just made it so the river couldn't be crossed on horseback. I never would have even known it was possible if I hadn't seen it on Youtube.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
My daily challenge streak is about to hit 14 days so long as it doesn't glitch out again.

I am hooked on online and really looking forward to what is to come in the future.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Funny.

But seriously, they could have just made it so the river couldn't be crossed on horseback. I never would have even known it was possible if I hadn't seen it on Youtube.

Probably planned to do something with it but decided otherwise (single player DLC plans that were abandonned?) or maybe will become relevant for multiplayer down the line?

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
Probably planned to do something with it but decided otherwise (single player DLC plans that were abandonned?) or maybe will become relevant for multiplayer down the line?

Yeah, I think Rockstar has a lot of things planned for RDO, Mexico expansion being one of them. I think it will take time but they will trickle stuff out like did with GTA5. I'm still salty I never transferred my character over from 360.

I already maxed out my collector role and the outlaw pass. I started trader, but that was a lost cause with all the camp glitches. The bounty hunter role is fun, but it is too repetitive for me. It is nice that it is the only role that pays gold but after 3 or 4 bounties I was getting bored.

Last edited:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
The bounty hunter role is fun, but it is too repetitive for me. It is nice that it is the only role that pays gold but after 3 or 4 bounties I was getting bored.

This. My character is at rank 150 and I have reached level 20 in the Outlaw Pass, Collector, and Trader roles.

But Bounty Hunting feels like such a damn chore. I think I’m only Level 7-8 in it currently.

My daily challenge streak is about to hit 14 days so long as it doesn't glitch out again.

I am hooked on online and really looking forward to what is to come in the future.

Yeah I just hit my streak of 20 days of daily challenges again after two BS glitch outs.

The first time it glitched/reset on me was “coincidentally” the day of release for the Bounty, Trader, Collector, roles :rolleyes: I was at a streak of like 112 consecutive days by then too.

That pissed me off since I was getting like 0.5 gold bar per completed daily challenge by then.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
This. My character is at rank 150 and I have reached level 20 in the Outlaw Pass, Collector, and Trader roles.

But Bounty Hunting feels like such a damn chore. I think I’m only Level 7-8 in it currently.

Yeah I just hit my streak of 20 days of daily challenges again after two BS glitch outs.

The first time it glitched/reset on me was “coincidentally” the day of release for the Bounty, Trader, Collector, roles :rolleyes: I was at a streak of like 112 consecutive days by then too.

That pissed me off since I was getting like 0.5 gold bar per completed daily challenge by then.

I'm only at level 4 in the bounty role. I could not care less about the gun spins, bolas, and eyepatch that everyone wants. The worthwhile upgrades are the tonics pouch, as well as being able to run in eagle eye. I am more apt to give Trader another shot.

I am at 115 now on my daily streak, and I know that glitch is coming and it is going to suck when it hits. At least Rockstar has been compensating people for losing the streak. Reddit has people posting screenshots of the support staff gifting them 25, 30 gold bars for the loss.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The roles aren't that specialized.

And you can make lots of progres on bounty and collector at the same time. Anytime you clear out a hideout or kill a bounty's crew loot everybody and you will find at least one collectible.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
The roles aren't that specialized.

And you can make lots of progres on bounty and collector at the same time. Anytime you clear out a hideout or kill a bounty's crew loot everybody and you will find at least one collectible.

I haven't found much looting hideouts or bounty's crew. Maybe an antique bottle here and there. I think most people have their metal detectors out when going to and from a bounty. You are bound to pick up a couple things.

I've been racking up cash very quickly doing a couple coin runs a night, right before and after the cycle changes over at 8:00pm EST. I have the sneaking feeling Rockstar is going to start upping gold and cash prices for things once new DLCs or expansions come out. There are some guys on Reddit making $5 or $6K grinding the collectible routes.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I haven't found much looting hideouts or bounty's crew. Maybe an antique bottle here and there. I think most people have their metal detectors out when going to and from a bounty. You are bound to pick up a couple things.

Sure but dont you have to reach level 10 before you can even unlock the metal detector?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
At least they are adding some SP content to this release.

Did GTA V add any new missions/weapons when it re-released on PS4/Xbox1/PC? I know it added first-person mode and some other things.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
Sure but dont you have to reach level 10 before you can even unlock the metal detector?

As Metalhead said it’s 5 and I think it’s $700 or $800 but it’s definitely worth every penny. I got to 20 on Collector very quickly, you can rack up a ton of XP. One of the biggest things I can say is if you buy maps from Nazar make sure you use them in different areas and days otherwise you usually end up with a lot of duplicates.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I find the biggest obstacle for me leveling up the trader role is not being able to pitch my camp. It’s a 50/50 proposition at best.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
If you are having trouble setting camp just flee your horse, camp will set up right after and you can call your horse back after 30 seconds.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
If you are having trouble setting camp just flee your horse, camp will set up right after and you can call your horse back after 30 seconds.

Really? I will try this next time I am having problems.

Camp worked pretty well all weekend for me. Two days away from the 21 day streak.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Really? I will try this next time I am having problems.

Camp worked pretty well all weekend for me. Two days away from the 21 day streak.
It was working for me every time at first, less lately but still worth a shot. I also find leaving the lobby and moving to a different area, then setting it up works.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I just started online and have no idea what I'm doing. The only thing I've done so far is buy the bounty hunter license. Any tips for what to do as you're just starting out?

The whole thing seems a little confusing to me. I've done a couple of the series' but seems like they're half empty on PS4 whenever I try them.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I just started online and have no idea what I'm doing. The only thing I've done so far is buy the bounty hunter license. Any tips for what to do as you're just starting out?

The whole thing seems a little confusing to me. I've done a couple of the series' but seems like they're half empty on PS4 whenever I try them.

I do very few “series” playlists. I mostly just free roam. Hunt bounties, do stranger missions.

I do a lot of hunting and upgrading the trader role.

It’s pretty overwhelming at first. I just sorta ran around doing my own thing until I got familiar with it. Also helps that I just enjoy the animal hunting in the game, so I enjoy spending and hour just doing that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad