Red Dead Redemption 2 - Reder and Deader

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I am slowly getting into Red Dead Online.

It seems to be very, VERY different than when I last played it not long after launch. I guess this is just how Rockstar launches these things. Barebones to the point of being absolutely useless at launch, but by the end of the first year its pretty fleshed out.

I seem to have plenty of money and gold now, so I am just trying to level up so I can purchase better hunting gear.

I am going to keep trying to get into it. I didn't put much effort into my character's appearance (he reminds me of a stand up comic but I can't put my finger on it, he looks very Jewish :laugh: ) but I love this worls so am happy for an excuse to get stuck in it again.

If anybody wants to posse up lemme know. I usually only play late night on weekdays and sometimes early morning weekends. Winter is coming, so I will be inside playing a lot more as well.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
So I was waiting to see if a goty edition was released but it appears there has been no DLC at all so I guess I'll pick this up on the weekend.

I really enjoyed the first game which is strange as for the GTA games I usually get overwhelmed by how big the world is and just quit and this seems very similar to that

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

I am trying to get into it, but I have a hard time getting invested in these sorts of online economies.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
How is online? Is it virtually unplayable solo like GTA online?

No, it's pretty good with all the changes they've made. Plus with the new update the vast majority of other players are busy doing things other than griefing.

I've been playing online alone for the last few days and haven't had any issues. The update added a lot of content, I'd suggest starting the collector role and getting the metal detector, after you get that it will make you money constantly.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
How is online? Is it virtually unplayable solo like GTA online?

I’m very much getting into it. It gave itself a bad name with the early beta because it feels like something completely different now. It obviously doesn’t have the quality of story but the depth of content now feels on par if not beyond the single player portion.

When I booted it back up last week they threw enough money at me that immediately I feel like I’m not wanting for much of anything. Got the basic weapons, got a fast horse, got supplies, etc.

Even the new mission stuff that was just released last week. It cost “gold”, and I had plenty just from “free” gifts from Rockstar.

And I’ve not run into much greifing at all. The good interactions are definitely outweighing any bad.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Man online is fun. The wolf man bounty is no joke. You need a Posse of at least three to take him down and keep him on your horse. And bears....multiple.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Man online is fun. The wolf man bounty is no joke. You need a Posse of at least three to take him down and keep him on your horse. And bears....multiple.
What's there to do online on this game? I've played online for like two hours and that was months ago, can't remember a thing.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
What's there to do online on this game? I've played online for like two hours and that was months ago, can't remember a thing.

Its a completely different game than it was a few months ago. I am hooked on it.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Can't say I'm excited for this one. Rockstar's game design feels so outdated to me these days. I feel like I've already played this same game a dozen different times already.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Can't say I'm excited for this one. Rockstar's game design feels so outdated to me these days. I feel like I've already played this same game a dozen different times already.

I agree that their games are very overrated. GTA V is a good game, but it's hailed as one of the best ever? No freaking way. That said I do enjoy Rockstars formula and I tend to get a good bang for my buck with their games. I don't touch the online component.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I used to check this thread whenever it was bumped, to see if there was news of it coming to PC, but stopped earlier this year because I was always being disappointed. I mostly gave up on hoping that it'd come to PC. I'm pretty surprised to see the announcement come out of nowhere and only a month before release. I guess that they were listening, after all.

BTW, it's also coming to Google Stadia in November, so it'll be launch title for that.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad