Red Dead Redemption 2 - Reder and Deader

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I like hunting as well but how do you make that into a profitable activity in terms of money and XP? Is there a specific quest or license I have to buy, similar to the bounty hunter license?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I like hunting as well but how do you make that into a profitable activity in terms of money and XP? Is there a specific quest or license I have to buy, similar to the bounty hunter license?

Yeah each of those three new roles has to be unlocked with 15 gold bars a piece. The trader role makes you money by delivering supplies made out of your hunted goods. It is unlocked at camp.

The collector role is also apparently very good for money. All it really does is unlocks a ton of random collectibles hidden around the world that can be sold for cash. It is unlocked by finding Madame Nazar and buying her satchel thing.

And all three roles can be progressed simultaneously. They keep promoting the DLC as specialized roles but they really aren’t.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Haven’t been able to reliably spawn a camp all weekend.

The one time I did, I got disconnected before I could reach it.

:damnpc:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah each of those three new roles has to be unlocked with 15 gold bars a piece. The trader role makes you money by delivering supplies made out of your hunted goods. It is unlocked at camp.

The collector role is also apparently very good for money. All it really does is unlocks a ton of random collectibles hidden around the world that can be sold for cash. It is unlocked by finding Madame Nazar and buying her satchel thing.

And all three roles can be progressed simultaneously. They keep promoting the DLC as specialized roles but they really aren’t.

Yeah collector's role is a fantastic way to make money. Easiest in the game really. Can easily make like $200-500 every hour just by selling duplicates rather than full sets (unless you get the full set of course) and riding around with the metal detector. I don't find myself getting bored with it either it's kinda a fun grind

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
New role out next Friday. A bootlegger/moonshiner add on. I am intrigued to see what the "property" aspect of this is. They mention the basement being your work area and the ground floor looking like any other house. Looking at some of the amounts of gold and cash people have now is insane. Grinding collector has people with $50-$100K. I am over 350 gold with maintaining the challenge streak, but I can't bring myself to spend hours grinding the collector role for cash. I try to keep mine around $5K.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Been just travelling the map and picking up all the things I didn't during the first time around. I am actually having a ton of fun, cannot believe how much I honestly missed the first time. However, the game's rock physics with horses is some of the biggest trash I've ever had playing in a game. Since I am looking for Easter eggs, rock carvings, dinosaur bones, and everything else I do a lot of climbing and it's just so inconsistent where I slide off some hills, my horse can't walk on 1 and half meter high rocks because it tries to jump over it every single time and I have no speed to do it. So my horse gets stuck like 70% of the time and it leads to me getting frustrated lol.

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
Is there a way to play online without other people on the map? It adds nothing to the game for me and I can’t even go into a town without getting sniped by some a-hole.

Weren’t they trying to do away with that? It’s so much worse than before.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Well the recent patch has killed the online game. I can shoot at anyone or anything if I can even get online.

:laugh: Red Dead Offline amirite?

Hell, if I actually manage to get online, there are zero animal spawns again and/or my character will randomly freeze up and not be able to move an inch.

I could care less though. Due to incessant grinding and boredom earlier and having played this game online since the beta days...my character is nearly at rank 300 and I still have over 450 gold and $7500 RDO cash. And that’s even after buying this new role.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
:laugh: Red Dead Offline amirite?

Hell, if I actually manage to get online, there are zero animal spawns again and/or my character will randomly freeze up and not be able to move an inch.

I could care less though. Due to incessant grinding and boredom earlier and having played this game online since the beta days...my character is nearly at rank 300 and I still have over 450 gold and $7500 RDO cash. And that’s even after buying this new role.

I haven't invested enough time into online so I am only in the low 20s but I want to try and get the platinum trophy. I just wish they would expand the takeover/shootout modes. It is the same 5 or 6 over and over and over again. Why do I want to always play throwing knives only.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I haven't invested enough time into online so I am only in the low 20s but I want to try and get the platinum trophy. I just wish they would expand the takeover/shootout modes. It is the same 5 or 6 over and over and over again. Why do I want to always play throwing knives only.

Yeah the throwing knife matches are lame

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Been thinking of firing this one up again as it has been a while since I first beat it.

This bump was a solid reminder.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I played this half way through on my ps4..traded in console for Xbox and have been pushing off getting it for my Xbox because of having to start from the beginning. Think it’s out on Xbox Game pass so may get it going again this weekend. I don’t know why but for me games like this are more fun to play in the fall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad