Red Dead Redemption 2 - Reder and Deader

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I finally got around to starting this game up and I have really enjoyed it so far. On chapter 3 currently and have not had any real issues with pacing. Is this an issue that starts to come up at a later part? Did everyone think the pacing was off?

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I finally got around to starting this game up and I have really enjoyed it so far. On chapter 3 currently and have not had any real issues with pacing. Is this an issue that starts to come up at a later part? Did everyone think the pacing was off?

Everything about this game is slow, and a lot of it needlessly so.

There are story elements later on that manage to make it even slower

mmalady

Jan 31, 2013
minden, ontario
yep a bit slow to keep me interested but a nice change of pace to the more intense games i like to play....i have a question ....does that guy ever find "Gavin"? Im on chapter 4 and i keep bumping into that poor guy lol

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

If you haven't found it too slow yet then you're in good shape. The beginning is where most people seem to get put off.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
If you haven't found it too slow yet then you're in good shape. The beginning is where most people seem to get put off.

Okay thats what I was hoping. I have found the main missions have some decent diversity in premise, which is nice!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

The pacing gets troublesome at the end, not at the beginning.

The beginning of the game is awesome, the pacing issues start to creep up in Chapter 5 and then get really annoying in the final chapter.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
how many chapters are there ?

6 and then two epilogues.

5 is where the game starts feeling a bit long, 6 has some good story stuff so it holds up better and then the epilogues are "ok I get it, can we please end this?".

That being said, I am a power gamer in that when I get into a game I binge the crap out of it and I do all the sidequests so that probably fed that feeling. Some people on here did not experience the same fatigue I did.

Reactions: BigT2002

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
yep a bit slow to keep me interested but a nice change of pace to the more intense games i like to play....i have a question ....does that guy ever find "Gavin"? Im on chapter 4 and i keep bumping into that poor guy lol
I don't think that Gavin actually exists, or is able to be found. There are actually a lot of different theories online about where Gavin is, but I wouldn't recommend reading them before you finish the storyline to avoid spoiling story elements.

Reactions: mmalady

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Just collected money from Mrs Downes and there was talk of vengeance, when did I kill her husband? This is in chapter 3

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Just collected money from Mrs Downes and there was talk of vengeance, when did I kill her husband? This is in chapter 3

He was the sick man you had to 'encourage' to repay his debts for Strauss.

You didn't explicitly kill him if I recall correctly, but may have made his condition worse.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

That name will forever be associated with this game for me :laugh:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Wow the death of Sean and then the proceeding mission when you rip up the Estate with the most of the gang was an unreal couple of missions!

Last edited by a moderator:

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
You watch movies like the Revenant, Open Range, Unforgiven, etc. and it's a harsh living, it's a slow burn to get what you want and I like that about this game. Maybe you need to set a campfire down. Maybe you need to fish for some food. It's a nice change of pace from games that come at you fast and hard.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
You watch movies like the Revenant, Open Range, Unforgiven, etc. and it's a harsh living, it's a slow burn to get what you want and I like that about this game. Maybe you need to set a campfire down. Maybe you need to fish for some food. It's a nice change of pace from games that come at you fast and hard.

I was initially frustrated by the pace of the game, but after I set it down for a while and came back to it I absolutely fell in love. Its my #1 or maybe #2 game of last year. Neck and neck with Spider-Man.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

I appreciate a good ramp up, myself, but I feel like Chapter 1 took a touch too long.

I've said it before, but Chapters 2-4 were incredible, and Chapter 6 was an epic finale IMO. Chapter 5 felt like it had too much filler, unfortunately.

You're in for a treat.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Does anyone else feel like starting a new save but then just staying at chapter 3?

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Beat it about a month ago. Took my time. I really don't know if I'll go back and play it to be honest. Kind of lost me with those epilogues and how drawn out they were. Still have a few legendary animals to get.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
While I knew it was coming,
Arthur getting TB makes me sad. And yes, thanks to some jackass who didn’t use spoiler tags...I know he dies. :( :( :(

Having beaten RDR1, as soon as I realized John and Jack were integral parts of the story, I knew exactly how it was going to end.

That sucks if you were totally oblivious though. Would have been a really cool surprise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad