Red Dead Redemption 2 - Reder and Deader

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Having beaten RDR1, as soon as I realized John and Jack were integral parts of the story, I knew exactly how it was going to end.

That sucks if you were totally oblivious though. Would have been a really cool surprise.

Yeah I’ve beaten and 100%’ed the original RDR twice so I figured it out early too that
you will take over as John as eventually something will/would happen to Arthur.

Just makes me sad. As I really liked Arthur :laugh:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Yeah I’ve beaten and 100%’ed the original RDR twice so I figured it out early too that
you will take over as John as eventually something will/would happen to Arthur.

Just makes me sad. As I really liked Arthur :laugh:

I would keep Arthur around as long as you can. Go do lots of exploring and fill up your journal as much as possible. It kinda feels spoilery to tell you why. Its not a big story beat at all, but it is a hilarious and charming, but ultimately kind of annoying change.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I would keep Arthur around as long as you can. Go do lots of exploring and fill up your journal as much as possible. It kinda feels spoilery to tell you why. Its not a big story beat at all, but it is a hilarious and charming, but ultimately kind of annoying change.

Yeah
doesn’t your journal get all messed up or something once Arthur dies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Just finished chapter 6. Really enjoyed the last couple missions the ending was pretty solid too.

Just wondering if anyone here has gone back and played RDR since going through this game. Kind of feel like I need to at this point

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Just finished chapter 6. Really enjoyed the last couple missions the ending was pretty solid too.

Just wondering if anyone here has gone back and played RDR since going through this game. Kind of feel like I need to at this point

I thought about it but ultimately decided that it wouldn't be worthwhile. I sometimes flip it on and mess around in the Epilogue.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Jesus H. Christ are moose f***ing impossible to spawn in this game or what??? :mad::mad::mad:

I’ve only ever seen 1 goddamn moose so far and I’m in chapter 6 for f*** sakes....gah!!!!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Which is funny, because no one is paying attention to red dead online.
But those are where all the microtransactions are! Whocares that majority of people bought this game for the offline aspect when all you can do is pay 30 1890 dollars and get yourself a new horse mask.

I do expect a DLC pack/story down the line. I am thinking we might see something involved with the McFarland Ranch.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Well I finally 100%ed the game!

Gave up for quite awhile but got back into it these last few weeks and finally finished off that brutal exotics mission

One of my best accomplishments in a game

Reactions: CPTN71

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Yeah I’m at like 91% completion right now myself.

f*** the exotic missions and f*** the ninth Herbalist challenge (which is only completable as or if you do all 5 exotic challenges). And f*** rare orchids.

Oh and f*** dominoes wins too. :laugh:

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Yeah I’m at like 91% completion right now myself.

**** the exotic missions and **** the ninth Herbalist challenge (which is only completable as or if you do all 5 exotic challenges). And **** rare orchids.

Oh and **** dominoes wins too. :laugh:

Don’t sleep on the hunting requests. Those were second to exotics on the painful scale

Herbalist 9 wasn’t too bad, if you go for it I just recommend making a checklist on your phone as soon as you can of all 43 flowers. Because they don’t provide a checklist in game so if you aren’t marking them down you’ll never know what you have

The worst gambler one to me was the blackjack one where you have to hit 3 times and still win. Just completely random. I would sit there for hours listening to podcasts and playing and sometimes I wouldn’t get a single win in that hour lol

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I’m happy I’m done all the Herbalist challenges.

And yeah that challenge with the 3 hits in Blackjack is just stupid. I was so happy when I beat it.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Totally agree with a Youtuber that said there should be more that Arthur can do in the game with money. I had $18k and what is there to do or buy?

Should be able to buy land, set up a ranch, help others among other things.

Reactions: CPTN71

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
The hunting challenges (American robin, god damn) pissed me off the most for the 100%. Winning black jack with 3 hits was pretty meh, I just watched Narcos while doing it.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Started this a few weeks ago and enjoying it so far. Chapter 3 was amazing I thought but chapter 4 has me kinda bored. I enjoy some of the missions but most of the side missions have me feeling like an errand boy and they don’t really contribute anything worthwhile. I’m considering just only doing main missions for a while, but that feels so wrong to me.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
On chapter 6 now. I really like this game but I feel like every mission is basically the same. Go in with a plan, plan goes wrong, shoot everybody and escape on horse. Maybe it’s because there’s so many story missions, just kinda feels like it’s getting repetitive.

Also, it feels like almost the entire game has been played in the central and southern areas. Nothing has really happened in the north or west at all. Only recently has there been some stuff in the east.

Still enjoying the game, just seems like they didn’t think some things through super well. I hope they make a third one with Jack taking place where the first one ends.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
On chapter 6 now. I really like this game but I feel like every mission is basically the same. Go in with a plan, plan goes wrong, shoot everybody and escape on horse. Maybe it’s because there’s so many story missions, just kinda feels like it’s getting repetitive.

Also, it feels like almost the entire game has been played in the central and southern areas. Nothing has really happened in the north or west at all. Only recently has there been some stuff in the east.

Still enjoying the game, just seems like they didn’t think some things through super well. I hope they make a third one with Jack taking place where the first one ends.

Too much movie, not enough game. Still a fantastic ride but honestly, the Housers should just make movies.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Just finished the main story today and starting the epilogues. Gonna go ahead and give my thoughts now:

The good: I really enjoyed the story. Even though I basically knew how it would end, I really enjoyed the ride. That's a classic sign of a good story to me. There were some twists but I don't feel the game depended on it much for its plot. Arthur Morgan was an interesting character. I think I preferred him to John from RDR1. The game looked beautiful. Tons to do and explore. Recently I've just been going around looting houses because I like to see what's inside them and I'm looking for the cigarette cards on the side too. It's definitely a world you can just get lost in for hours.

The bad: The missions felt a little repetitive after a while. The story kept me interested, but near the end I was really ready for it to be over already. Sometimes the game glitched where my horse fell and my character just stayed there suspended in the air unable to move or shoot, just had to wait to die basically. I really didn't care for the maintenance stuff. I only did a bit of it. I REALLY hated how you had to walk when you were within like 50 feet of a mission or in camp. Why? Considering how many missions there were this probably wasted an hour of my time.

Overall, a really great game. My complaints are relatively minor. Definitely hoping they make a third one, but would prefer they get away from anyone in the gang or Jack. Give it an entirely new story. It could even be in the same time period and area really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad