Red Dead Redemption 2 - Reder and Deader

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
lol. I still have no interest in playing online. I chuckle when they update it and force the RDR Online splash screen onto my console and I just immediately go right into solo play.

I love the scenes they show you when you boot up the game. Your character just relaxing wherever you last were always looking like some kind of painting.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Installing the game now. Did anyone else have an issue with their Disk 2 not reading/installing right away when you put it in??

I fixed it by putting the second disc in again and then when nothing happened (again) I clicked on the RDR2 tile, pressed A, and then pressed "try installing again". After that...it resumed the installation as per usual.

Weird.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
lol. I still have no interest in playing online. I chuckle when they update it and force the RDR Online splash screen onto my console and I just immediately go right into solo play.

I love the scenes they show you when you boot up the game. Your character just relaxing wherever you last were always looking like some kind of painting.

i played a little bit online... if anything you get one extra mission before the "online" part starts. but yeah... its hard without 'friends'... literal wild, wild west out there.

havent played in a while. but for sure there are more things i like than dislike about this game. will slowly progress and do as much as i can until i beat it. but im not hooked either as i thought.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Oh ok. I’ll screw around with single player for now.

I’ve spent around 900 hours on GTA online (split between 3 characters I made including the one I use now) so I hope that RDR 2 will be just as fun online to play when it’s playable online in full.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Finally unlocked Chapter 2 :)

I’m having a blast so far

I feel like chapter 2 is kind of the sweet spot. Spend A LOT of time in chapter 2. Ignore main story missions and actually a big thing to do is just hang out around camp. You will encounter all kinds of story exposition that you can never get again later just by hanging out at camp.

If you have unlocked the Gunslingers side missions then do those. They’re awkward to access. You have to open your satchel and look for the photos in your documents. They’re fun missions that you can kill time doing and explore the map before the story gets you there. Whenever you unlock the gunslingers do them right away. And remember to steal their guns. A couple of them have signature guns that I don’t think can be found anywhere else.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Spend A LOT of time in chapter 2. A big thing to do is just hang out around camp. You will encounter all kinds of story exposition that you can never get again later just by hanging out at camp.

What do you mean?? And yes I unlocked the Gunslinger side missions just a few minutes ago.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Just had my first wow moment of the game (Chapter three spoilers)

Just finished the climax of Chapter three (the battle at Braithewaite manor) and HOLY CRAP that was a gaming experience. The whole mission from mounting up with the gang at the camp, the ride, the music, and the final walk up to battle, the chilling feeling I got as the gang murdered the Braithewaite family at the end, all of it was spectacular. Hats off Rockstar, you hooked me, finally

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
What do you mean?? And yes I unlocked the Gunslinger side missions just a few minutes ago.

Just like, don't be in a rush to get in and out of camp. Sit down around the fire when you see others there because they will often tell stories that you won't hear anywhere else.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Re: Gunslinger missions

The one with the mexican guy up in the mountains, I laughed out loud when, after shooting all his buddies, Arthur says "I just want to talk"

Reactions: tacogeoff

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Just had my first wow moment of the game (Chapter three spoilers)

Just finished the climax of Chapter three (the battle at Braithewaite manor) and HOLY CRAP that was a gaming experience. The whole mission from mounting up with the gang at the camp, the ride, the music, and the final walk up to battle, the chilling feeling I got as the gang murdered the Braithewaite family at the end, all of it was spectacular. Hats off Rockstar, you hooked me, finally

great mission, the best one for me.

edit: im in chapter 6 so haven't finished the game yet, but best mission up until the spot I am

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
So I killed that treasure hunter named Maximo and got the first treasure map by looting him.

What do I do when I find that treasure as well as all the rest of them?? Do I keep them?? Sell them?? If it’s best to just sell them is there a specific place to sell them where they’ll be worth more $$

Or are they the same price everywhere???

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
If I were you I'd ignore RDO entirely because it is just not worth it. The game is just a cash grab at this point.
I've been playing online semi regularly since it came out and I havent really got this impression. Pretty much all I do is hunt and wander around the map. 99% of other players are actually pretty chill now, rarely get attacked by randoms anymore. Also I have lots of cash and gold in the game, no need at all to even consider the microtransactions.

Personally once I was done the campaign I saw little reason to go back to it, I'd rather work on a new character online.

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
Re: Gunslinger missions

The one with the mexican guy up in the mountains, I laughed out loud when, after shooting all his buddies, Arthur says "I just want to talk"

You don't have to shoot them. They let you go up to his cabin, then run away after the duel.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Does it matter if I
killed that Chick Matthews guy after he gave me the map showing where his debt money that he owed Leopold is??

I’m assuming no???

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Hunting has been nerfed again.
Ya I've played a bit since the update, you definitely can't make the same money you could before but you can still do alright. I've found a nice little loop up by Valentine and I can still make $150 an hour.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad