Red Dead Redemption 2 - Reder and Deader

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I played a couple days of this game after a long break and they really need to reduce or nerf certain animal reactions. I wanted to chill and just explore around the map and when a pack of wolves or cougar comes charging at you, your sympathetic nervous system pushes out norepinephrine from a dumb game. And it's not like I travelled away from the road into the mountains either which I expect this stuff to occur. I stayed predominantly on the road/path and see if I came across unique or rare situations I haven't encountered yet. Some times its super frustrating AF because you're exploring having fun, have something charge at you, clunky controls delays in you getting your gun out, lose 150 bucks, and start in another random location within the vicinity. I personally consider it dumb that you should now ride with one of the shotguns out at all time.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I felt like I got attacked a lot early in my playthrough but once I actually wanted to start hunting predators like cougars and wolves suddenly they'r nowhere to be found.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I felt like I got attacked a lot early in my playthrough but once I actually wanted to start hunting predators like cougars and wolves suddenly they'r nowhere to be found.

That seems to always be the case with Rockstar games though. Be it GTA or RDR, when you need an item or a car or an animal they are nowhere to be found. But yet when you no longer need or want whatever item or thing...they are everywhere.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Chapter 6 discussion

Im a little annoyed that the game doesnt drop a massive hint that things are going to be remarkably different and the end game is more or less nigh before finishing chapter 4.

Like I dont know exactly how much is left but I know basically whats going to happen with regards to Arthur and then the epilogues. But im annoyed that the tuberculosis is now effecting gameplay. There should have been a hint to finish all the miscellanious stuff up in chapter 4 when Arthur is still operating at peak.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Been playing this for the last couple weeks when I get the chance, still on like Chapter 2. Good 30 hours in just to get some of the controls down, I don't know man, they throw so much at you at once. But what a game, visually, gameplay and everything just amazing. Now I figure i have the controls down a bit and what all the tonics and food and picking leaves and binoculars shit do, I'm ready to play.

The long intro until you get into it, has the same issue with online - I tried to jump in tonight, took 2 hours to create a player, do the basic dumb tutorials all over again and never run into anyone, by then I'm bored and quit. It's hard to really gear down and play RDR2 I find.

I may remember wrong but RDR it was jump into online pretty immediately? I remember a bunch of people dicking around that homestead off the jump. Not this long 2 hour tutorial which everyone knows to play because online and offline was staggered.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Been playing this for the last couple weeks when I get the chance, still on like Chapter 2. Good 30 hours in just to get some of the controls down, I don't know man, they throw so much at you at once. But what a game, visually, gameplay and everything just amazing. Now I figure i have the controls down a bit and what all the tonics and food and picking leaves and binoculars **** do, I'm ready to play.

The long intro until you get into it, has the same issue with online - I tried to jump in tonight, took 2 hours to create a player, do the basic dumb tutorials all over again and never run into anyone, by then I'm bored and quit. It's hard to really gear down and play RDR2 I find.

I may remember wrong but RDR it was jump into online pretty immediately? I remember a bunch of people dicking around that homestead off the jump. Not this long 2 hour tutorial which everyone knows to play because online and offline was staggered.
There should definitely be an option to skip the tutorial. The online tutorial barely helps with anything online-specific and treats you as though you are playing RDR2 for the first time. It's really annoying after sinking 100+ hours into the game and then trying online and having to run through a tutorial as though you just picked up the game 10 minutes ago.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Random question but are Bison limited to a certain # of them in the game that you can kill before they go extinct and are gone from the map for good??

I know that was the case in “Red Dead Redemption” so I was just wondering if that comes into effect here too.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Random question but are Bison limited to a certain # of them in the game that you can kill before they go extinct and are gone from the map for good??

I know that was the case in “Red Dead Redemption” so I was just wondering if that comes into effect here too.
As they can go extinct in RDR1 then it wouldn't really make sense for them to go extinct in this game, so I'd say no.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

Could they really? I had no idea.

Also i don't think they go extinct.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Im in Chapter 6 and struggling to keep playing. Im going to finish it as fast possible and sell the game.

I never see myself wanting to play it a second time. The pace of this game is too slow my tastes when im not engrossed in the story.

Basically, its the Schlinder's List of gaming. An utterly gripping story, things that you think about long after youve turned it off, and a classic and iconic piece of art. But something you wont revisit often, if ever.

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
For my wedding this past Saturday a buddy of mine gifted me an extra Xbox One he had sitting around... and RDR2 :naughty:

Needless to say I'm pumped up, as I've been itching so bad to play this game I considered picking up an X1 for just this game alone.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
So I’ve robbed the doctor in Valentine twice (the first time I grabbed the revolver and the cash and then the second time I just robbed the cash register) but when I check my log thing not only is “Rob The Doctor in Valentine” still listed but it says I need to still investigate around his office.
And yes before I robbed the place I went over to the window and pressed LT to look inside of it. I’ve also knocked on that heavy steel door twice.

Am I glitched??

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Question for those who have finished the game

How long would you estimate it takes to beat the chapters after Arthur dies? I want to see Arthur's story to its end, but not sure I care enough about John to keep playing

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
So I’ve robbed the doctor in Valentine twice (the first time I grabbed the revolver and the cash and then the second time I just robbed the cash register) but when I check my log thing not only is “Rob The Doctor in Valentine” still listed but it says I need to still investigate around his office.
And yes before I robbed the place I went over to the window and pressed LT to look inside of it. I’ve also knocked on that heavy steel door twice.

Am I glitched??
There should be an option for you to press when you pull out your gun to rob the back room.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

How long would you estimate it takes to beat the chapters after Arthur dies? I want to see Arthur's story to its end, but not sure I care enough about John to keep playing

It takes a damn long time, tell ya that much partner. Just watch the final mission on Youtube if you want to see what happens in regards to the other main characters.

Reactions: Warden of the North

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Am I glitched??

Same for me, I could never get that to be "checked off".

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007

I don't think it takes that long. The first epilogue, while tedious at the beginning (by design), goes pretty fast. Second epilogue is definitely longer but I didn't find it boring at all.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
For all the complaints about how long the epilogue was it didn't feel long at all.

But of course that was probably more to do with me hearing all the complaints and so bracing for the worst.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad