Confirmed with Link: Reaves Traded to Wild for 5th round pick

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Really concerned what happens to the room. That’s a huge personality leaving. Lot of swagger lot of charisma. We’ve got a very vanilla group. Think he gave us a personality and for a team that’s played a lot of this season looking like they were missing their identity I wonder how much of that was because he was so often out of the lineup
Well he wasnt playing so i dont know how much he was doing for the room in street clothes.

Reactions: Atax and McRanger92

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Rangers go on losing streak without Shesty Release Us. Imagine if thst was to happen. This trade had to be done for cap space. Call up Cuylle or Rempe for a tough guy if needed.

Reactions: Number 9

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
and that's when it will hit them....

Unless they add a massive human being like Soucy as a 6D, there's literally no one that could step to Wilson.... and that's when he gets brazen

It became Trouba’s responsibility to deal with guys like Wilson when they slapped the C on him. He can handle it

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Plenty of teams interested in Kane, you sure we can get him for just a high pick and a B prospect?

Unless he's only willing to waive for us, but I don't know if that's the case.
Everyone too focused on Kane, i personally think the price is gonna be too high.

Reactions: bhamill and EEL

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Liberties have been taken multiple times this year with Reaves in the lineup.

Saying he was important in the room and that adds something tangible? Sure. I'm not going to argue about that.

To think everyone is just going to start beating us up now because Reaves isn't sitting up in the press box mean mugging them is silly.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Sucks to lose Reaves for the locker room, but the cap space will be big for the deadline.

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
I hope we lose 15 straight so Herman and Sam Stern will shut the hell up on twitter about Reaves irrelevance and that locker room presence isn't a real thing. ...Because of course those two have been in many locker rooms im sure
this is dumb

Reactions: Vaheh

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Excellent move. Reaves is done. We didn’t need to give anything up anything to get him off the books. Love it.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

Saying he was important in the room and that adds something tangible? Sure. I'm not going to argue about that.

To think everyone is just going to start beating us up now because Reaves isn't sitting up in the press box mean mugging them is silly.
There's no such thing as fighting as a deterrent. Most of the time, the guys making dirty/questionable plays happen to also be tough players themselves. Trouba has thrown a lot of borderline hits. And continues to do so, regardless of who plays in the opposition. He can handle himself. Same goes to a guy like Tom Wilson.

What I do think having a tough guy in your lineup does, is grow everyone half an inch. It's a morale boost, everyone plays with more edge when they know they have a guy backing it up.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Yeah, I'm more concerned with losing an important veteran leader in the room than I am with Reaves preventing liberties being taken considering he wasn't preventing anything this year anyway.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Players taking liberties is a problem. There is no way to prevent it unless the league gets stricter on suspensions. Having goons on your bench or in the press box won't stop it.

Wilson shouldn't be allowed in the league at this point with his track record

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Whelp, I guess we'll see what happens w Maroon, Wilson half the Bruins and the whole Isles team now

I understand he couldn't skate anymore, but he was also VERY underrated on this board for what he brought to the team as far as mentality

Best of luck Reavo!

You'll be missed
Don't forget Ross the Boss and the other clowns on that club .

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Seriously. Let’s not act like Reaves was really even doing his job at the end. He has like 5 fights as a Ranger. And both Lindgren & Chytil have missed time off questionable hits

We have plenty of guys on this squad who can and have answered the bell when it’s called for.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Why is the deterrence topic coming up now but not when Reaves was in street clothes the last few games?

I actually do agree there’s something there with how he’s in the room. But his impact on the ice? Nah, not buying it

Reactions: mike14

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Luckily the rangers have the strongest player in the league in Gauthier. I don't know if he can throw a punch but he can just pick up the other player and then do the backbreaker on them making @Machinehead do a complete 180 and support fighting in the NHL.

• Haha
Reactions: AirGut

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad