Confirmed with Link: Reaves Traded to Wild for 5th round pick

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
going from Reaves (or even Motte) to Gauthier has been a huge, huge upgrade. Gauthier-Goodrow-Blais will be one of the best 4th lines in the league once Kravtsov or a deadline deal bumps Goodrow out of the top 9.

Reactions: bhamill

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
We could have had a willing soldier Zack MacEwen 26 yrs old who was on waivers by Philly early on and now is loved by Torts who plays him on the PP and the last minutes of a game....he will drop and block shots and go through the wall ....the kid does not win a whole lot but he is big and eager and learning and earning his keep . Half the cost of RR .

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Luckily the rangers have the strongest player in the league in Gauthier. I don't know if he can throw a punch but he can just pick up the other player and then do the backbreaker on them making @Machinehead do a complete 180 and support fighting in the NHL.
I heard that no one wants to mess with his dropkick.

Once Gauthier hit the 10 game mark the writing was on the wall.
Once Gauthier choked someone the writing was on the wall.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
he'll be out of the league at the end of the year. I like him but we're better with him gone especially at his caphit.
We could have had a willing soldier Zack MacEwen 26 yrs old who was on waivers by Philly early on and now is loved by Torts who plays him on the PP and the last minutes of a game....he will drop and block shots and go through the wall ....the kid does not win a whole lot but he is big and eager and learning and earning his keep . Half the cost of RR .
"loved by John Tortorella" isn't a ringing endorsement lol

Torts has loved useless players his whole career.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Sadly the right move. I loved Reavo as a locker room guy and he’s an endearing personality but if he’s not going to dress and can’t keep up with the speed of the game, the cap relief is more important (and signals more may be in the works potentially). Reaves is a really likable guy and was good for the team mentality. Wish he’d “retired” and been brought on as like a strength coach to keep around the guys.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
RELEASE the REMPE!!!
1669238854303.jpeg

Reactions: will1066

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Why is the deterrence topic coming up now but not when Reaves was in street clothes the last few games?

I actually do agree there’s something there with how he’s in the room. But his impact on the ice? Nah, not buying it
Meh. Only the people probably over the age of 50 actually believe in deterrence. Holdover mentality from watching eras where enforcers arguably served a purpose.

They have similar credibility as people that believe in Santa Claus.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I liked Reaves a lot and appreciate his time here, being a part of the identity and culture change. Now it is incumbent on this group to continue playing with that same identity and team toughness.
Okay "boys", your Daddy has gone, and left you all to fend for yourselves and look after all of your brothers. In other words, don't allow opposing players to take liberties. Have a "PACK" mentality.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
How about developing players that do the same. Othmann is only a 1 or 2 away at most. Maybe gets some games at the end of his junior sEason and playoffs. They could call up Cuylle for that role now. Maybe a kid like Rempe gets some games.
What's that D word you're using?

I don't think I, or ANYONE in the organization has EVER heard THAT word before.

What's the origin? Latin?

So "De" like DEvalue as in to lessen, remove or ruin????

Hmmmmm... ok

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
When he played Reaves played his role well. Hopefully he schooled some of the younger guys on how to fight. His presence will be missed on the ice and in the locker room, his cap hit won't be missed at all.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
The team should get Gauthier a boxing trainer

or lets see if Kravtsov can step up and fill that role. Hopefully that practice paid off

Kravy may not be the strongest but have you seen his killer Tai Chi?

Last edited:

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
f***. I know his cap hit is high for this team, but his presence alone was important. Problem is it seems as if we lost our identity regardless. They better be playing Kravtsov every game the rest of the season (which should be about 5 games considering injuries).

Reactions: CasusBelli

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Can we now ship blais out and bring up rydahl? Rydahl is not only a better player but allows us to accrue more cap space. Rydahl can also chuck em if need be.

Apparently will cuylee has been the wolfpacks best player too. Another guy who can chuck em and projects as a bottom 6 player

Reactions: CasusBelli

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
There's no such thing as fighting as a deterrent. Most of the time, the guys making dirty/questionable plays happen to also be tough players themselves. Trouba has thrown a lot of borderline hits. And continues to do so, regardless of who plays in the opposition. He can handle himself. Same goes to a guy like Tom Wilson.

What I do think having a tough guy in your lineup does, is grow everyone half an inch. It's a morale boost, everyone plays with more edge when they know they have a guy backing it up.
And also a dead 4th line.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Dude had an excellent first period in the first game, and then shit his pants for the remainder of the playoffs.
When we were getting blown out in Pittsburgh I was really confused that he wasn't stirring up trouble. Even if he wasn't fighting he should have been leaving the Penguins black and blue and he just... wasn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00