Confirmed with Link: Reaves Traded to Wild for 5th round pick

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
They didn't have the roster spot, and getting something of value is a nice bonus. He was a great locker room guy, but he couldn't keep up with the speed of the game anymore.

His lack of response in the BOS and CBJ games where he didn't step up after Sillinger and Pastrnak hurt Chytil and Lindgren was telling too.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
this trade infuriates me. why did it take them 20 damn games to figure out what everyone knew over the summer. not trading him in the offseason cost them brining back the superior player in motte. i have enough of this drury/gallant duo.
I'd rather have the flexibility near the deadline, if it's at the cost of beginning your season without a Motte.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I'd rather have the flexibility near the deadline, if it's at the cost of beginning your season without a Motte.
They could always still trade for Motte at the deadline.

They now currently have $6.682 million in deadline cap space. They could include Hajek and Kravtsov in deals to get the following, Top 6 forward, Bottom 6 forward, and veteran depth D. There is a big picture. While the play hasnt been pretty, the regular season has simply been circumstance until the playoffs start.

I liked Reaves a lot and appreciate his time here, being a part of the identity and culture change. Now it is incumbent on this group to continue playing with that same identity and team toughness.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
this trade infuriates me. why did it take them 20 damn games to figure out what everyone knew over the summer. not trading him in the offseason cost them brining back the superior player in motte. i have enough of this drury/gallant duo.
Maybe they made the wrong decision over the summer, but that doesn't mean this was the wrong move now.

I'm also not really sold that they were going to bring Motte back even if they had gotten rid of Reaves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad