McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Who’s going to RELEASE US now?!?!
Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
About time, great locker room guy, but his time was done once last year ended.

Good for Drury getting the whole contract off the books.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
He elevated his game so much in the playoffs that I wonder what he would have been this year if we played him in like 40 games in the regular season. Alas!

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Wait until the Islanders start taking liberties with the Rangers top players and there is nobody to stand up to them. These guys have short memories.
How about developing players that do the same. Othmann is only a 1 or 2 away at most. Maybe gets some games at the end of his junior sEason and playoffs. They could call up Cuylle for that role now. Maybe a kid like Rempe gets some games.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Wait until the Islanders start taking liberties with the Rangers top players and there is nobody to stand up to them. These guys have short memories.

They should stand up for themselves. I mean Kreider can do that when he wants. Mika no chance. never saw him fight or be aggressive with his size. Too passive.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I wouldn't still mind having that in the lineup, but you have to be of some use outside that toughness. Reaves was that last season, at least mostly IMO. This season he simply could not keep up with the pace.
I absolutely agree. Like I said I liked Reavo a lot. Last year he made you feel like the team would push back and play with that edge. But Drury extended him too quickly with the same salary. He was making too much. Drury fixed this and sent him to the Western Conference. They may have to see him January 10th so that will suck, but thats it. He couldnt keep up with the pace. A significant drop-off from last year to this one.

They could find a guy to bang bodies and at least be able to keep up and make plays at the deadline. Motte.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I can buy that Reaves was an important culture guy for a young team, but they've had a year of that now, including a playoff run. He doesn't need to hang around and their hold their hands forever to accomplish that.
I'm pretty sure the Rangers can find "a good guy to have around the locker room" who doesn't count 1,75mil against the cap. Doesn't have to play hockey, because Reaves didn't do that either lately. I bet there are plenty of posters here who could fulfil that role.

There is value to having a those characters in the locker room. I think there's also value in having "a tough guy" in your team. But they have to be in the lineup, or they are useless.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
this trade infuriates me. why did it take them 20 damn games to figure out what everyone knew over the summer. not trading him in the offseason cost them brining back the superior player in motte. i have enough of this drury/gallant duo.

It should have been apparent far before that, but at the very least yes, over the summer they should have tried to move him.

Would like to see Rydahl get a shot now.

Meh, that's overrated.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Really concerned what happens to the room. That’s a huge personality leaving. Lot of swagger lot of charisma. We’ve got a very vanilla group. Think he gave us a personality and for a team that’s played a lot of this season looking like they were missing their identity I wonder how much of that was because he was so often out of the lineup

rangerlp

May 24, 2012
I might be wrong, but it looked like Reaves had lost a step from last season. Probably getting near his expiration date as someone else suggested...

Reactions: Fitzy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad