Confirmed with Link: Reaves Traded to Wild for 5th round pick

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Was happy they picked him up but that cap space is more important now. If they really need someone, Harpur, Rempe & Cuylle are all options.

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
Love Reavo he is a great locker room guy and person. However he could not keep up with the speed of the game anymore. He was probably not going to get many games going forward. He did the team a favor by requesting a trade. I don't have any problem with this trade. The cap space that will accrue will probably help us at the trade deadline. Good luck going forward Reavo.

Reactions: Ruggs225

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I could have left it up tbh, wasn't a dig at the Rangers. Just didn't think this was the right place for it.

Haha, it's all good. I have a bigger issue with you idolizing Matt Martin :P What? Was Cal Clusterf*** unavailable?

oh shit. you convinced me. Reavo should have scored goals in those 7 one-goal games we lost. That f***ing bum! 🙄

He didn't do his job....actually, he didn't do shit. So much for a positive locker room presence.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Yeah, I'm sure it had absolutely nothing to do with finding a team willing to take on his contract.

Before this, I don’t think the Rangers ever tried to move him, at least not reported. And the fact that he requested a trade yesterday and is now gone, tells me they could have moved him in off-season if they wanted to.

Not saying it was right or wrong move to do, everything’s clear in hindsight

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Meh, I feel like this helps in the way that he is no longer an option to play in games where he was not needed, yet it hurts in the way the Rangers will want someone like that at some point as those games eventually happen.

So they'll save some cap space for now, and then overpay on assets for someone, regardless if it's a similar version of Reaves, or an overpay for someone like Kane, or maybe, probably both.

New boss same as the old boss.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Players taking liberties is a problem. There is no way to prevent it unless the league gets stricter on suspensions. Having goons on your bench or in the press box won't stop it.

Wilson shouldn't be allowed in the league at this point with his track record
Wilson has been quiet as a kitten since Reaves arrived, and the only game Martin was being a dick was when Reaves was out. It's a deterrent but we need someone that can skate as well, both things can be true at the same time. Hopefully we find someone to fill his role that can play more like Motte.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
So trading one of their 1sts, a 2nd, plus Krav for Kane, the other plus Blias for Deslauriers?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
asking for a trade when you're an aging punchmans who has been benched because you can't keep up anymore sure is cheeky...but then again he got traded to a team that says they want to play him so maybe job well done

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Hopefully they can find someone on an entry deal that can skate and be an enforcer. The Isles will mop the floor with us
I really like Reaves but on the other hand, the roster doesn’t have many weaklings anymore. The one-off cheap shots are gonna always happen with or without Reaves. His value was more with the hitting and cooling down things when tempers start boiling.
I think the rangers - while not a “tough” team by any means - now has the critical mass of players who at least will protect themselves and not get pushed around. Since the hit job on Panarin, the rangers have added Trocheck, Blais, Gauthier (maybe he was in the system but he wasn’t a regular), Goodrow, Carpenter, and guys like Kakko, Miller, and Laf have grown up some. Not too many softies.
I hope so, at least. We’ll see, anyhow.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It was inevitable, good luck Reavo, thank you for your “Shesty Release Us” pre-game ritual.

Reactions: Atax

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
A tough move but probably needed. Love Reavo and wish him well. I hope some guys will step up and make sure we don't get pushed around too much.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Great locker room guy, but too nice on the ice. Not really interested in stirring shit up against the opposition aside from clean hits during play but no mucking it up after the whistle nor would he ever challenge or go after the middle weight shit stirrers on the opposition. They likely wouldn't want to dance with him, but at least make an effort. We'll always have that Foligno punch pic...

Reactions: Zarao71

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
The Rangers have acquired a 2025 fifth round draft choice AND $1.75 MM in salary cap space from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for Ryan Reaves.

The only kind on trade (one year commitment) the Wild could make because of their impending salary cap crunch next year.

Good for everyone. Stick taps

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
Great locker room guy, but too nice on the ice. Not really interested in stirring shit up against the opposition aside from clean hits during play but no mucking it up after the whistle nor would he ever challenge or go after the middle weight shit stirrers on the opposition. They likely wouldn't want to dance with him, but at least make an effort. We'll always have that Foligno punch pic...
Reaves was no Colton Orr with the Rangers. Never really made a statement. He was an over paid cheerleader. Sure he's a good guy. Sure he'll have a career in the booth post career. Yeah he threw a few big hits. Big Deal. Never should've held onto him after his BS excuse for not beating up Subban and Wilson.
Good Riddance

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I really like Reaves but on the other hand, the roster doesn’t have many weaklings anymore. The one-off cheap shots are gonna always happen with or without Reaves. His value was more with the hitting and cooling down things when tempers start boiling.
I think the rangers - while not a “tough” team by any means - now has the critical mass of players who at least will protect themselves and not get pushed around. Since the hit job on Panarin, the rangers have added Trocheck, Blais, Gauthier (maybe he was in the system but he wasn’t a regular), Goodrow, Carpenter, and guys like Kakko, Miller, and Laf have grown up some. Not too many softies.
I hope so, at least. We’ll see, anyhow.

Plenty of weaklings still on the team. Who were the weaklings that we got rid of? Buchnevich? He is no weakling.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00