Confirmed with Link: Reaves Traded to Wild for 5th round pick

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
surprised by this. Tough for the room I’m sure. Good dude.

But from a cap perspective I understand

Edit: seeing that he requested now. Makes more sense.

Last edited:

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
One of the things that has hurt this team lately is a lack of chemistry, especially amongst our roll players. This sucks. He seemed like an important guy in the locker room. I guess this is more about cap space than anything else.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
The Rangers can give the Ducks a 7th round pick for awful Nathan Beaulieu or some other goon if your so worried about needing a heavy.

At least this ends the how will Drury make moves at the deadline crap?

Reactions: RGY

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
There's not many heavyweights that play regularly.

That's what sets Tom Wilson apart. Hopefully we have our own light-heavyweight in Cuylle.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
On a fan and entertainment level, it sucks to see someone go who's hugely popular, big in the room, and entertains with a lot of the mic'd up or off ice stuff. At the same time, the Rangers are a better team by not having him on the roster anymore and cleared the cap they needed for the deadline when they bolster up. It can be a great move for the team and be sad for fans at the same time.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kreider Mika Vesey
Panarin Trocheck Kane
Lafreniere Chytil Kakko
Blais Goodrow Gauthier
Carpenter

Prob going to happen

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
How fast it happened.
I don't claim to understand how GMs work, but I just can't imagine trading a 12/13th forward for a draft pick 3 years from now really takes that long.

Phone call to some teams looking for a shake up with a bit of cap space. Name a price that doesn't affect anything for a long time. Email some papers around...

• Haha
Reactions: will1066

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Reaves did his job came here and helped change the culture of the team.That being said...he skates like he's 55 years old and was always chasing the play.Having Gauthier in the lineup every day over him is a no brainer.Shedding his salary also helps big time

Reactions: mike14

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
One of the things that has hurt this team lately is a lack of chemistry, especially amongst our roll players. This sucks. He seemed like an important guy in the locker room. I guess this is more about cap space than anything else.
Wait. He was WITH the team and they had a lack of chemistry and you're worried about him being gone?

Reactions: mike14

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Having him didn't prevent cheap shots on Lindgren and Chytil. Don't think he even fought anyone in those games much less deterred anything.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Love Reaves, good Ranger, did his job.

This was not an easy move to make for the team I’m sure but it was the right thing to do. Rangers will now have enough space for a top 6 RW & a defenseman at the deadline. More solid work from Drury

Reactions: bhamill

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I think it is a good move. We needed a guy like Reevo and for the most part Reevo did his job but at his age we was not the same guy anymore. For Drury to get rid of the salary and get a draft pick? Win win.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Kreider Mika Vesey
Panarin Trocheck Kane
Lafreniere Chytil Kakko
Blais Goodrow Gauthier
Carpenter

Prob going to happen
Plenty of teams interested in Kane, you sure we can get him for just a high pick and a B prospect?

Unless he's only willing to waive for us, but I don't know if that's the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad