Reaves Suspension Incoming?

Kuz

May 11, 2015
It's a punch but he does catch him with the butt end of the stick at the end. That **** hurts.

Dirty play.

Wilson was also coming in to make a dirty crosscheck to Reaves as well. For everyone he is like "Well Wilson was going to go to the body." That literally doesn't make it any less dirty. It's still a dirty play as well.

That's not an excuse for what Reaves did, but don't make it seem like Wilson's incoming crosscheck was going to be okay.

You make it sound like Wilson started it and not Reaves with his crosscheck from behind. Its a difference between a crosscheck/punch to the body and the head. Just like there are a difference between a hit to the head or the body and Wilson would have crosscheked the body hadnt Reaves been quicker.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
You make it sound like Wilson started it and not Reaves with his crosscheck from behind. Its a difference between a crosscheck/punch to the body and the head. Just like there are a difference between a hit to the head or the body and Wilson would have crosscheked the body hadnt Reaves been quicker.

Wilson do start the incident in yesterdays game, he was going in for a crosscheck himself and Reaves defended himself...

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Caps fans: bend over backwards to defend Wilson after his 3rd suspension of the year.

Also Caps fans over two cross-checks: Ryan Reaves is literally the boogeyman.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
All I see is straight gloved punch to the face and Wilson is too tough to drop that easily.....

i think he was bleeding, so unless he sneakily decided to don the crimson mask ala Dusty ( if you weeeeeellll) I'm pretty sure that was a legit crosscheck to the face.

The funny thing is that reeves is barking about it as he skates to the box. I'd love to hear his complaint. What's even funnier are the people, the very same people who already have an open window with a new thread with the title " Possible Wilson suspension incoming????? " with their fingers on the enter button as they watch the game are the very same who when transgression are committed against him, shrug their shoulders and say " he deserved it".

Wilson's game last night was not mistake free, but I thought he was really effective last night doing what he does, skate fast and hit hard.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Wilson do start the incident in yesterdays game, he was going in for a crosscheck himself and Reaves defended himself...
he was going to cross check him in the face ?

Can you help a brother out with this weeks lotto numbers ?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Caps fans: bend over backwards to defend Wilson after his 3rd suspension of the year.

Also Caps fans over two cross-checks: Ryan Reaves is literally the boogeyman.
one cross check was how he scored, the other was to wilson's face and then reeves was still moaning as he skated to the box.

I thought ryan reeves was a legit tough guy who could, at any time, pound wilson into dust. If this is true, why is he acting like ratty roussel ?

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
NHL has shown no consistency in the playoffs or ever with this shit so who knows. Closest I can see was the Kempny cross-check in either the Pitt or Tampa series that saw him fined. I'd guess this is a fine. But wouldn't be shocked with a 1 game suspension. Seriously, who knows anymore.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Minor penalty.

No idea why Capitals fans would want Reaves suspended anyway. I much rather see him on the ice than Tomas Tatar.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Way more of a butt-end than I thought.

Just look at where the knob of his stick is before and after.

I agree, the butt end is in play. Even if he doesn't involve the stick, puching someone with your hand full hurts a heck of a lot more than a closed fist

This situation looks EXTREMELY similar to the one below. Calvert got 1 game and so Reaves should also get 1

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Wilson comes in with his stick up high, and Reaves out of the corner of his eye, sees someone coming at him and decks him first... lmao not a chance this is a suspension. And if anyone thinks it deserves a suspension then I really don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: egelband

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Elbow to the head on the Kuznetsov hit which lead to his hand injury should be a suspension.

If Tom Wilson made that hit we’d have 10 threads on here. Meanwhile refs didnt even see it.
I agree. It was a clear hit to the head, people can argue all they want, but Kuznetsov was hit in the face and the hit resulted in an injury to a key player. If Tom Wilson threw the same hit, it would have been reviewed. Need to be consistent.

Reactions: Luc Labelle and Oak

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

Looked much like:

Which was a 1 game suspension.

What do you guys think?

In what way do these two plays look alike?

Kane's was after the whistle, Bellemare was minding his own business, Kane targeted him and went straight at him, striking him twice...

In the Reaves play it was during play before the whistle, Wilson was actively approaching Reaves with his stick up trying to cross-check Reaves, and #75 wasn't even looking at Wilson... What is Reaves supposed to do? Let Wilson come in and give him a cross-check to the ribs? lol

Reactions: sfvega

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Some NHL fans have become so soft holy ****.

2 min penalty, yes. Suspension? No.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Also, no suspension. Looks like he punched him with his glove. If it was stick to face then yeah but it doesn't look like that's the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad