Reaves Suspension Incoming?

Homerhawk

Aug 15, 2007
I hate hypocrites. Compare this shot to the one Niskanen laid on Crosby last year and then listen to no neck defend his player and play as "good hard hockey".

Caps are bad for the NHL

Nonsense comment comparing these two completely different incidents.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Reeves was just testing the old adage " everyone has a plan until they are crosschecked in the mouth"

I am also seriously fond of the " preemtive self protection". Narrative.

I wonder if the caps will be allowed to implement it?

Reactions: ToddsBod

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Do we think the OP now realized just how little they know about the rules of professional men's ice hockey?

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Reeves was just testing the old adage " everyone has a plan until they are crosschecked in the mouth"

I am also seriously fond of the " preemtive self protection". Narrative.

I wonder if the caps will be allowed to implement it?

It isn't preemptive when Wilson goes for the cross-check on Reaves first. That's not what that word means.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
It isn't preemptive when Wilson goes for the cross-check on Reaves first. That's not what that word means.

how's that time machine working for you ? And in front of the net cross checks are EXPECTED, that in of itself is not justification to crosscheck a guy in the face.

no one says peep if reeves crosschecks wilson in the arm of the chest. bu he didnt, he got his stick up, WAY up and appologists like you now get to invoke things that did not happen, and might not have happened at all, as justification.

noice.

Reactions: Drakon

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
how's that time machine working for you ? And in front of the net cross checks are EXPECTED, that in of itself is not justification to crosscheck a guy in the face.

no one says peep if reeves crosschecks wilson in the arm of the chest. bu he didnt, he got his stick up, WAY up and appologists like you now get to invoke things that did not happen, and might not have happened at all, as justification.

noice.

First of all, funny that you accuse people of being an apologist when you're one of the only people in here refusing to believe Wilson is 100% going in for the cross-check. But idk, maybe you have vision problems.

But also, I'd like to believe that I wouldn't hear a peep about a normal net-front cross-check that wasn't high, but after Game 1 from the Caps fanbase.....

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
First of all, funny that you accuse people of being an apologist when you're one of the only people in here refusing to believe Wilson is 100% going in for the cross-check. But idk, maybe you have vision problems.

But also, I'd like to believe that I wouldn't hear a peep about a normal net-front cross-check that wasn't high, but after Game 1 from the Caps fanbase.....
i have NO problems with a guy giving another player a cross check after the whistle in scrum. Why ? because it happens in EVERY scrum.

You know what DOES NOT happen in every scrum ? A guy getting crosschecked in the face.

Why that is hard to understand befuddles me. But keep going on what you think WOULD HAVE happened was inevitable and that in the multiverse, every single one of them tom wilson cross checks reeves if reeves doesn't decide to pre emptively crosscheck wilson in the face first. i mean why wait to see what actually happens when you can actually predict it with certainty ?

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015

I like your logical triangle so I’ll use it the way I see fit. I’ll expect you to smile and be pleasant when Tom Wilson gives a Vegas player a HIGH, NET-FRONT CROSS-CHECK, and isn’t called for a penalty AND SCORES A GOAL ON THE PLAY. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
i have NO problems with a guy giving another player a cross check after the whistle in scrum. Why ? because it happens in EVERY scrum.

You know what DOES NOT happen in every scrum ? A guy getting crosschecked in the face.

Why that is hard to understand befuddles me. But keep going on what you think WOULD HAVE happened was inevitable and that in the multiverse, every single one of them tom wilson cross checks reeves if reeves doesn't decide to pre emptively crosscheck wilson in the face first. i mean why wait to see what actually happens when you can actually predict it with certainty ?

I mean, if you don't want to admit what everyone here already sees plain as day, then I don't know what we're doing here.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I like your logical triangle so I’ll use it the way I see fit. I’ll expect you to smile and be pleasant when Tom Wilson gives a Vegas player a HIGH, NET-FRONT CROSS-CHECK, and isn’t called for a penalty AND SCORES A GOAL ON THE PLAY. [mod]

See, they're still peeping about it.

Also, I'm not a Vegas fan, so Wilson in a hard, net-front battle wouldn't bother me so much. And I definitely wouldn't need a mod edit over it.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Here let's help the OP out since these posts will never end. After the next game suspend these guys for the following:

Fleury - the NHL banned having fun and smiling on the ice during the Finals years ago, time for it to be enforced rigorously
Lagace - for keeping PK's brother on the bench and preventing NBC from running an intermission story on the Subbans in the Finals
Miller - because he hurt three guys blocking his shots, suspend him a game for each
Theodore - for making a move that wrong footed the ref and got him out of position on a play
Schmidt - for not fully supporting the team who drafted him (oops sorry, guess he can't be suspended)
Neal - should have been penalized for that shot instead of awarded a goal, he clearly must be taking performance enhancers of some kind
Perron - for even thinking of going onto the ice before the guy he's changing for is on the bench and in a proper resting position
Reaves - for keeping Wilson from getting away with everything he's entitled to on the ice away from the puck
Nosek - for scoring more than his alloted total of playoff goals
Bellemare - for speaking that lame French they speak in France instead of the superior Quebecois version
Tatar - for making the Caps former GM look bad in a trade

Go ahead and do it NHL, suspend them all. Maybe then the Knights will finally play at true expansion level and all the single Toronto men living in the basements of their parents homes can at last be happy and satisfied the fix isn't in.

Reactions: Michel Beauchamp

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I mean, if you don't want to admit what everyone here already sees plain as day, then I don't know what we're doing here.
So you have graduated from Predicting the future to speaking for everyone? Noice!

How long till you declare yourself the king of hfboards?

Was Wilson peeved? Sure, was his only outlet a cross check? Hells no (but then again I'm not omniscient, quelle domage)

member 88115

That was their chance to go at it. What happens? Reaves 5 inch punch knocks him down - or more like Wilson bails out.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad