Reaves Suspension Incoming?

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Good lord. I thought we'd just hear this shit after Caps losses. Don't tell me we have to hear the BS when they win too.

He was going to crosscheck Wilson in the chest, just as Wilson was going to do to him. Crosschecks glanced off each other, pow, right in the kisser.

Can we stop with everything being a possible suspension?

Actually, can we just watch the game without so much bitching about the refs? Thanks.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
*An important thing before I directly respond; per the rule book, a crosscheck that injures a player, that is deemed intentional is an automatic match penalty. That’s why Backstrom was suspended. The league isn’t shy about guessing intent. Probably nothing here tho.*

Well there’s going to be exceptional cases where the hitting player couldn’t reasonable expect to make contact with the head, like a player targeted for a hit tripping and falling headfirst into the checker, but they’ve absolutely suspended people for recklessness.

A key difference in that regard is that there are situations when body checks are legal... it’s a part of the game. When refs are calling it by the book, hard cross checks generally aren’t legal, headshot or no.

I don't think refs have ever called crosschecks by the book, I think it's pretty much acceptable that a certain amount of crosschecking is acceptable so that argument doesn't really sway me. The real issue here is intent. I don't think you can really prove that Reaves meant to crosscheck Wilson in the face and since Reaves as in a defensive position I don't think too much thought will be put into the recklessness of the play.

Homerhawk

Aug 15, 2007
I don't think refs have ever called crosschecks by the book, I think it's pretty much acceptable that a certain amount of crosschecking is acceptable so that argument doesn't really sway me. The real issue here is intent. I don't think you can really prove that Reaves meant to crosscheck Wilson in the face and since Reaves as in a defensive position I don't think too much thought will be put into the recklessness of the play.

Reaves was admiring his initial cross check on Orlov when threw his no look cross check to Wilson. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Reactions: Drakon

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
There's nothing worse than a grammar Nazi.

Grammar Nazi checking in. It's my first day and I'm very excited to round up your posts to crush them as I see fit!

Your post seems to have decent structure... congrats! You're going on my master poster list as a shining example of the best posts.

Dearest comrade, I hope you'll change your mind and use your posts to show what true beauty is in grammar structure. Together we'll elimate the ugly structured posts off the face of this forum.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
It's not just glove, there's a stick in his hand. But yeah, not a suspension. Wilson went to protect his mate who just got pushed over, and caught one in the face, I'm not even sure he meant to catch him quite there. Carry on

Reactions: egelband

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Pretty pathetic. Ofcouse he won't be suspended. This is Wilson vs Vegas.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Cross check to the face?? Seriously? It was a gloved punch to the face. The way Wilson reacted you'd think he'd just taken some lumber to the teeth. 10/10 for embellishment. When he got up I was expecting blood everywhere, but nope, not even a red mark!

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I dont think Kane should have suspended, so I dont think Reaves should be either.

But Kane did get suspended so.. Not that it matters. Caps should still win with Reaves in the lineup so, let him play

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
A suspension for, essentially, punching Wilson and Wilson milking it?

LOL. Go and sit in the corner and have a word with yourself. Nothing like the Kane play at all. Didn’t even need to be a penalty tbh. It’s a net battle/scrum. Reaves simply made him his *****.

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.

Reactions: MattBarzal

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Probably not suspension worthy, the fact that he plays for either the Knights or Penguins all but confirms he won't get a suspension

Reactions: CJV123

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1