'Really disgusting': Jets fan says he was punched, robbed of his jersey in Montreal

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
My understanding is the person was just walking home after the game. He might not be the brightest person. But to blame him for what happened, seems a little unreasonable.
There are certain things in life where you have to protect yourself and use good judgment. I'll give an example. I have the right of way to cross the street when the white hand appears. Do I still look to my left to see if someone is trying to make a right at the light? Absolutely. Legally I have the right of way but that's little consolation when I'm in a hospital bed or dead. It's not right, but that's life. Don't take the risk. I'm sure not many people would walk down the street in Boston or Philly in a Habs jersey.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
There are certain things in life where you have to protect yourself and use good judgment. I'll give an example. I have the right of way to cross the street when the white hand appears. Do I still look to my left to see if someone is trying to make a right at the light? Absolutely. Legally I have the right of way but that's little consolation when I'm in a hospital bed or dead. It's not right, but that's life. Don't take the risk. I'm sure not many people would walk down the street in Boston or Philly in a Habs jersey.

I understand what you and others are saying, but Lol he was going home. He's not some random visitor going back to his hotel. Also when he noticed he was being followed, he moved to the other side of the street. So he was aware of his surroundings. If I'm walking home, regardless of what I'm doing or wearing. I'm not expecting an ass kicking or to be robbed.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
My understanding is the person was just walking home after the game. He might not be the brightest person. But to blame him for what happened, seems a little unreasonable.
Not blaming him, just thought he could've been more careful, especially if he lives in the area. I do hope they catch the f***ers, but next time, wise up.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Not blaming him, just thought he could've been more careful, especially if he lives in the area. I do hope they catch the f***ers, but next time, wise up.

He definitely could have been more careful. Say take the jersey off and carry it in a bag or something. It's just sad that he'd have to do something like that. I'm as hardcore a fan as anyone. It's a shame that some don't realize this is just a game. Me too, I hate seeing/hearing about things like this. Kind of puts a black mark on all of us.

Reactions: Runner77 and peate

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I understand what you and others are saying, but Lol he was going home. He's not some random visitor going back to his hotel. Also when he noticed he was being followed, he moved to the other side of the street. So he was aware of his surroundings. If I'm walking home, regardless of what I'm doing or wearing. I'm not expecting an ass kicking or to be robbed.
You can't control other people or predict their behavior. You should be ready. Martial arts schools teach that. It's almost like jumping into the ocean wearing a bloody fish. At some point, you might get eaten. So don't do it. I'm not saying it's right or blaming him. I'm just saying be smart and watch yourself.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
That's pretty scummy and disgusting lowlife behavior, but crime happens everywhere. If in the States, almost guaranteed there would have been guns and deaths involved.:nod:

So which one of you dregs got the jersey?:laugh:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
You can't control other people or predict their behavior. You should be ready. Martial arts schools teach that. It's almost like jumping into the ocean wearing a bloody fish. At some point, you might get eaten. So don't do it. I'm not saying it's right or blaming him. I'm just saying be smart and watch yourself.

I've been in martial arts for over 40 years. I even teach cops in my spare time. So yes I agree that you should be prepared. At the same time, this person wasn't attacked by one or even two people. He was attacked by several people at once. Walking home from a hockey game. How do you prepare for that? Not go to the game? Leave early before the rest of the crowd does? Take a cab right to your front door? Or better yet, don't leave your house and just watch hockey on tv?

This person did nothing wrong. If he was causing trouble, he deserves taking an ass kicking. It seems in this situation the only thing he did wrong was wear an opposing teams jersey. As some have mentioned earlier. If I was in that situation. I'd expect to be made fun of or other rude comments. There's no way in hell someone should expect to be physically abused.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
There's idiots every........bigger the population, the more idiots.......that's humanity

The Movie Idiocracy is slowly going to become a documentary (Idiocracy (2006) - IMDb)

If Covid has taught me anything... we aren't destined to rule this world until the sun finally burns out.

All hail our insect overlords!

tenor.gif

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
I'm a Dolphins fan and wore my gear down in Buffalo for an opening season game - never again.

I hope those pricks who assaulted the Jets fans get jail time.
We might have been a little obnoxious but not deserving of a mob haha. It felt like we were the only Habs fans there. I thought I was a good drinker until I went there. They had pyramids
of full beer cups stacked up at the concession.

actually, that was nothing compared to when I was in London and sat in the away section for a soccer game against West Ham. That was a time I really thought I could get seriously attacked. But totally worth it.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
I'd still like to fire Molson off into the sun. In reality he is is a caring individual. Too bad he knows jack about running a hockey team.

I don't know nearly as much about the Habs, as you probably do. But probably a bit of bad timing on your comment. Habs management is looking very professional all of a sudden.

I am a very open person, and like learning, what don't you admire about this MOLSON.

I can tell you one thing about Montreal that pissed me right off, not supporting the team and letting that Gillette guy scoop the team for bargain prices.

I don't see that ever happening in Toronto, one good thing, I guess.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I don't know nearly as much about the Habs, as you probably do. But probably a bit of bad timing on your comment. Habs management is looking very professional all of a sudden.

I am a very open person, and like learning, what don't you admire about this MOLSON.

I can tell you one thing about Montreal that pissed me right off, not supporting the team and letting that Gillette guy scoop the team for bargain prices.

I don't see that ever happening in Toronto, one good thing, I guess.

Lol you could have asked me last week, or a month ago. I would have said the same thing. :)

The truth of the matter is, I have nothing personal against Molson. He seems like a good guy, and he doesn't seem to hold back when it comes to providing material things that the team needs. Whether it be paying out to the salary cap limit, providing the team with a top rate training facility. My reason for slamming him is our team has been a mess for years. While he has sat back and did pretty much nothing. I don't think he's qualified to be a team President. Hopefully he'll realize that soon, step down, and bring in someone who is qualified.

As for Gillette, that's another ball of wax. That I'll save for another day. ;)

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Funny you mention the Glock 17. I keep one in my car when I travel. Hooah!

Difference between the US and Canada. You have a glock, while I have a Louisville slugger and baseball glove. So that no one thinks the bat is a weapon. :D

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I've been in martial arts for over 40 years. I even teach cops in my spare time. So yes I agree that you should be prepared. At the same time, this person wasn't attacked by one or even two people. He was attacked by several people at once. Walking home from a hockey game. How do you prepare for that? Not go to the game? Leave early before the rest of the crowd does? Take a cab right to your front door? Or better yet, don't leave your house and just watch hockey on tv?

This person did nothing wrong. If he was causing trouble, he deserves taking an ass kicking. It seems in this situation the only thing he did wrong was wear an opposing teams jersey. As some have mentioned earlier. If I was in that situation. I'd expect to be made fun of or other rude comments. There's no way in hell someone should expect to be physically abused.
Not wearing a Winnipeg jersey in downtown Montreal after game 4 is a good start. Again. I'm not saying what they did was excusable. It should be punished. Ive seen drunk idiots do some pretty bad things. But again. This is the world we live in. If he doesn't realize that he needs to be smarter, then he's in big trouble.

Reactions: Walrus26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad