'Really disgusting': Jets fan says he was punched, robbed of his jersey in Montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
When I was 12 or maybe 13 I was at a Habs - Flyers game in philly and was wearing my Mats Naslund jersey as this was back in '87 or '88 I believe. Anyway the Habs kicked their ass and me and my buddy who was wearing a Flames Hakan Loob jersey since that was his favorite player, about 4-5 flyers fans who I would have said were in their 30s-40s wanted to fight me because I was wearing a Hab jersey. 12 years old (though I was always tall for my age so perhaps they thought I was older). People can be jerks, they let their emotions from sports get the best of them, alcohol tends to play a big factor I found.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I'll never forget how this poor fan was savagely attacked in the parking lot of Dodger Stadium, only because he was wearing SF Giants gear: SEE IT: San Francisco Giants fan critically injured in 2011 attack throws out first pitch

The Giants fan was in the Dodger Stadium parking lot after the Giants-Dodgers season opener in 2011 when he was punched in the back of the head, knocked to the ground and beaten and kicked so savagely that he nearly died. He was comatose for months and didn’t speak again until that September, when he asked to see his kids.

Stow, now 54, had to give up his career as a paramedic. He still needs to take up to 24 drugs a day to prevent seizures, KRON reported.

I would never wear any sports paraphenalia in an opposition stadium. Too many sickos out there who are just looking to unleash their frustrations and who get upset at the slightest thing.
Yeah I still think about this poor guy...it pisses me off to know end when I think of what happened to this man

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
When you walk in an area like that you gotta have your head up and be ready for someone to do something completely illegal.

The aggressor has never swore, nor been arrested for robbery or assault previously. He's like a real Ned Flanders.

In all seriousness. That's a piss baby move that Scheifele would be proud of and has no place in sports or our society.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Those troglodytes are probably the same people who think trashing their own city after a playoff win is cool.

The aggressor probably isn’t even a Habs fan. Just some drunk dirt bag.

First time I went to Joe Louis Arena, I was rocking my Habs gear and was worried personally. Ends up, people were pretty chill given half the place was full of Habs fans.

We won that night and walking back to my car, the whole family took our jerseys off. I wasn’t out to “prove a point” or “make a stand for fandom”. I just didn’t want my ass beat and end up on the news.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I feel for the kid but you need to be playing heads up hockey at midnight on St Catherine/Hubert. Lots of lowlifes in that zone at all hours.

Reactions: dinodebino

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The aggressor probably isn’t even a Habs fan. Just some drunk dirt bag.

First time I went to Joe Louis Arena, I was rocking my Habs gear and was worried personally. Ends up, people were pretty chill given half the place was full of Habs fans.

We won that night and walking back to my car, the whole family took our jerseys off. I wasn’t out to “prove a point” or “make a stand for fandom”. I just didn’t want my ass beat and end up on the news.

There’s something about Boston and Philly though. The vitriol in their fanbases is insane and it’s across all sports.

You do what’s best for you and your family, but I would never feel scared in Detroit, Buffalo, even New York. Though they can be intense, they seem to be more levelheaded.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
It sucks that anyone has to experience anything like that. Personally I've been lucky over the years. I'm small, but I'm very loud. I've had a few opposing fans tell me to "STFU Frenchie" while I've cheered on the Habs. Nothing anywhere near what this young man went through.

Actually the worst thing to ever happen to me. I was at a Habs vs Islanders game at Copps Coliseum in Hamilton years ago. I was sitting in an aisle seat with a big thing of popcorn, minding my own business watching the warm up. This great big "Mick Foley" looking guy *wearing an Islander cap* walks up and reaches into my popcorn and says "Thanks Bud" while pulling out a handful. His, I'm assuming wife, who was almost as big as him, looks at me, shrugs, then reaches in and grabs a handful for herself.

I sat there for a few seconds, totally in shock. As my younger brother sat there laughing his ass off. When I snapped out of it, I turned around and big old Mick was coming back towards me. Now I was pissed, I jumped out of my seat and headed up the stairs towards him yelling. "If you think you're going to do that again, you're out of your f***ing mind!" He looked at me and smiled and said "I was just f***ing with ya. Here's 10 bucks, enjoy the game".

Reactions: Runner77

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Lots of dumbass pieces of crap....just like all those idiots pushing over cars and crap. Like, do you have brains?

Reactions: Habs10Habs

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Tell that to Mark f***ing Scheiffele for christ sakes lmao, jesus
Tell him to play hockey next time instead of trying to murder someone because they're mad they're losing a SPORTS game.

Its one of the 3 biggest city's in Canada and big city's have crime, it happens, its the real world, not every place is a one-horse meek town like WPG

Keep your guard up in cities ALL over north america

this guy acting tough living out in the west island.....lmao

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Guys, I found the culprit.

197133116_311345997352477_3941993416203838834_n.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad