'Really disgusting': Jets fan says he was punched, robbed of his jersey in Montreal

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I was at the ECF, Devils Rangers at MSG (during early reno, good luck taking a leak). A dad and son walked by our section and it was crazy, calling the little kid the C word. Full on crazy anger. I remember eber thinking these people are nuts.

Also was with a buddy at a Browns tailgate and my 6’5 320 pound buddy was wearing his Bills jersey. Thought it was a stupid idea as we left the hotel but said, oh well, we can handle ourselves. That jersey came off 2 metres into the tailgate, we were legit going to get swarmed.
Learned alot about humans those two days.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
The amount of obviously deranged people I cross on the streets of Montreal have quadrupled since 2012. Not sure what the hell is happening in this city, or whether I'm hallucinating this. What do you guys think? Did you notice a trend in that direction?

Reactions: bretpatrick7

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Sounds like one “Habs” fan, should not be indicative of the fan base as a whole.

For the most part I’ve enjoyed and respected Habs fans as they do the same.

This is just one bad (or a group) of bad apples.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Lowlife thugs always ruin it for everyone. There were 2 shootings and a stabbing during the Raptors championship parade, 1 happening inside the Eaton Centre where kids started getting trampled.

Not sure these guys are fans or just opportunistic morons, but either way it’s a bad look.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'll never forget how this poor fan was savagely attacked in the parking lot of Dodger Stadium, only because he was wearing SF Giants gear: SEE IT: San Francisco Giants fan critically injured in 2011 attack throws out first pitch

The Giants fan was in the Dodger Stadium parking lot after the Giants-Dodgers season opener in 2011 when he was punched in the back of the head, knocked to the ground and beaten and kicked so savagely that he nearly died. He was comatose for months and didn’t speak again until that September, when he asked to see his kids.

Stow, now 54, had to give up his career as a paramedic. He still needs to take up to 24 drugs a day to prevent seizures, KRON reported.

I would never wear any sports paraphenalia in an opposition stadium. Too many sickos out there who are just looking to unleash their frustrations and who get upset at the slightest thing.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Someone once threatened to stab me in Boston. It’s unfortunate that this kind of stuff happens. I hope they’re able to find those responsible.

Boston and Philly are two places I wouldn't wear a Habs jersey to a game. A significant portion of their fans belong in mental or corrections institutions.

Reactions: dinodebino

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The amount of obviously deranged people I cross on the streets of Montreal have quadrupled since 2012. Not sure what the hell is happening in this city, or whether I'm hallucinating this. What do you guys think? Did you notice a trend in that direction?

I haven't noticed a difference. It's still much safer than 20 years ago downtown when addicts and pushers inundated the Square Berry/UQAM vicinity.

Downtown got gentrified for the most part

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Oh! And Ste-Catherine and St-Hubert at night was already seedy way back when we rioted in 1986. Today, it's 10 times worst.

Depends if you stand out like a sore thumb.

Have went downtown north to south, east to west, everywhere, so many times in my life and never got mugged. ONE time, when I was 19, some wahoo wanted to bully me out of my weed, close to the corner of St-Laurent, in full daylight. The girl I dated at the time just started screaming in his face and he sorta just went away. It was funny as she was tiny compared to him, but she grew-up in Verdun, so I guess she knew just what to do.:laugh:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I haven't noticed a difference. It's still much safer than 20 years ago downtown when addicts and pushers inundated the Square Berry/UQAM vicinity.

Downtown is safer because they chased the druggies and prostitutes away. Even Promenade Ontario looks more "aesthetic" than back then. Has to be an illusion though, those people are elsewhere. East-side I am seeing at least 3x more homeless people that I used to. This started around the mid-2010s, not exactly sure when or why.

I remember downtown very well from 20 years ago, I was 16-20 years old and I too went there to party. Everytime I passed through UQAM two or three pushers offered me acid or PCP (mescaline) as soon as I came out of the subway station. It was done completely out in the open back then, they didn't hide at all. But I guess you know that.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Downtown is safer because they chased the druggies and prostitutes away. Even Promenade Ontario looks more "aesthetic" than back then. Has to be an illusion though, those people are elsewhere. East-side I am seeing at least 3x more homeless people that I used to. This started around the mid-2010s, not exactly sure when or why.

I remember downtown very well from 20 years ago, I was 16-20 years old and I too went there to party, including passing through UQAM and having two or three pushers offer me acid or PCP (mescaline) every time I came out of the subway. It was done completely out in the open back then, they didn't hide at all. But I guess you know that.

I left the island in 2012

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Depends if you stand out like a sore thumb.

Have went downtown north to south, east to west, everywhere, so many times in my life and never got mugged. ONE time, when I was 19, some wahoo wanted to bully me out of my weed, close to the corner of St-Laurent, in full daylight. The girl I dated at the time just started screaming in his face and he sorta just went away. It was funny as she was tiny compared to him, but she grew-up in Verdun, so I guess she knew just what to do.:laugh:
I also grew up there, but lucky me, my parents wised up and moved to NDG west. Ironically, I went back and lived there for 6 years at the turn of the millennium, and loved it.

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
wow
Way to make a stand. Will you be calling out assaulting women , murder and shoplifting on your next controversial stance ? I wasn’t sure how to feel about robbery until you hammered out your brave post.

Are you for real?

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Lifting of Lockdown (COVID CRAZY people) + Drunk Fans + Target on your chest (Opposing Logo) = Recipe for Disaster

Unacceptable regardless, but there seems to be a higher number of idiots since the curfew was abolished.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad