'Really disgusting': Jets fan says he was punched, robbed of his jersey in Montreal

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
No excuses, no comparisons to any other teams, no argument.

This is unacceptable and a person’s health was put in jeopardy. In our city and representing our team no matter if fake fans or not, there’s no place for this in any sports. Thoughts to this fan and his family. Hope he gets well.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
There’s something about Boston and Philly though. The vitriol in their fanbases is insane and it’s across all sports.

You do what’s best for you and your family, but I would never feel scared in Detroit, Buffalo, even New York. Though they can be intense, they seem to be more levelheaded.

For sure, but as mentioned, you got idiots everywhere. Just never know…. I had a guy yell at me “F*** YOU and the HABS” at Old Navy in the middle of the day a few years ago, in the suburbs of Toronto… in front of my at the time 8 year old son because we were both wearing Habs baseball caps.

I never went to watch a game at Philly, but my best friend, a Leafs die hard, went to a game in full Leafs gear and while doing his business at a urinal, some Flyers fan shoved him and his “tip” touched the porcelain, LOL! He didn’t get hurt thankfully and it didn’t escalate, but he used so much sanitizer to clean himself right after.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Guys, I found the culprit.

197133116_311345997352477_3941993416203838834_n.png

Funniest thing about this pic is that it looks like he is shopping with his mother.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Tell that to Mark f***ing Scheiffele for christ sakes lmao, jesus
Tell him to play hockey next time instead of trying to murder someone because they're mad they're losing a SPORTS game.

Its one of the 3 biggest city's in Canada and big city's have crime, it happens, its the real world, not every place is a one-horse meek town like WPG

Keep your guard up in cities ALL over north america
One can only image the mood and possible carnage if it had been us who had lost the series in four straight games.

widowmaker

Jun 21, 2009
MB
Watched hockey in Boston and New York both, neither were vs Habs but wore Habs hoodie and hat to both, fans were good....good times.....the best for me though is being a huge NFL fan, Bears are my team but I'll watch any game......been to bunch of cities for games and even though they are not playing the Bears, I always wear Bears gear of some sort, the fans have always been awesome about it.......sad thing that happened to this fella but don't let that stop you from cheering for your team, was just some bad luck

malton

Feb 17, 2009
People defending this nonsense are pathetic. Acting like this is some sort of turf war.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Sad. I been many time at bell center. I never saw a fan with opponent jersey been intimidate. But there is idiot every where. But i been in boston, if you wear a habs jersey you will maybe have a worse night. Many of Theirs fans are just dumb.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
A lot of comments here are disgusting. Expected better from our fanbase and thought we'd take the higher road. I guess some of you were right, every fanbase has idiots and a lot of ours are in this thread.

It shouldn't have happened, and it wouldn't have if the guy used a little common sense. Don't go wandering around unsafe areas alone late at night wearing a rival jersey.
Yikes, the victim blaming in this thread is on another level. What's next, we'll tell women how to dress?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamimenos

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I think this has no place in sports fandom and that it's unacceptable. But please remember there are two versions to a story. I've seen videos of Jets fans coming at the Bell Centre chanting "Free Schiefele" and actually getting in the face of Canadiens fans. It's all fun and games, but they kind of were looking for some trouble out there. I don't know if the victim did the same here. But yeah. Getting in hostile territory scanding Schiefele's name might not be a smart idea after what transpired in Game 1 of that series.

Otherwise, if he did nothing bad, well yeah. It's a shame. But let's not act as if it was a unique occurence nor as if it happened only in Montreal. The threats made to Schiefele's family are also way overboard.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
The fact it was a lady makes it worse. :laugh:

Didn't see it was a girl. Yeah, well that just adds a layer of disgust to the whole story.

EDIT: It's not a girl. Just read the article and sounds like the guy did nothing wrong at all (at least that's the part of the story that we know of). But damn. Don't wander in those spots at this time of the night. When I lived in Montreal I wouldn't even wander there at this time unless I had something to do.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
My brother and I ran for our lives after a Habs game in Buffalo.

I had a similar experience in Boston. No cell phone back when and lost my friends. Had to walk about 15 blocks drunk with a Habs jersey on all alone to the hotel. The shit that was said to me and the people who got in my face was intense. Good luck getting a cab with a Habs Jersey on! This was after a game against the Bruins where they beat us pretty good too. I can only imagine if the Habs won. :laugh:

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
'Really disgusting': Jets fan says he was punched, robbed of his jersey in Montreal

This has no place in sports, please remember it's still a game and no one should be hurt over it.

Should have kept his head up, just like Evans, amirite? We see who you are and you might as well gtfo

Always remember: It was a clean hit.
Habs got lucky beating the Leafs by injuring Tavares, and then using their political powers getting Scheifele kicked out of the series for a clean hit. Cowardly I tell you!

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
My brother and I ran for our lives after a Habs game in Buffalo.
I wore the opposing team jersey to a few Bills games. lol
Had a few run-ins, but nothing escalated.

there's a lot of Habs fans at Sabres games, so you can just blend in with the crowd.

lynx

Oct 18, 2005
I'm a Dolphins fan and wore my gear down in Buffalo for an opening season game - never again.

I hope those pricks who assaulted the Jets fans get jail time.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I'll ignore that last comment and ask you this: Would you do what he did?

Don't go swimming where it says danger.

My understanding is the person was just walking home after the game. He might not be the brightest person. But to blame him for what happened, seems a little unreasonable.

Reactions: angusyoung

BarracudaMtl

Apr 15, 2018
okey I know this is not funny but when the girl (the reporter) at 2:05 said " Is also a Leaf Fan, so he s used to being ....."

don't tell me that the word traumatized didn't cross your mind

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad