'Really disgusting': Jets fan says he was punched, robbed of his jersey in Montreal

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I used to carry a machette in my van in BC, mostly cause I drove a lot on back roads, bears and mountain lions. Sadly, I never saw the big cats but lotsa bears. They're mostly scared of people.

sounds like you must have been near the interior.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Guys, I found the culprit.

197133116_311345997352477_3941993416203838834_n.png
I don’t understand French, what’s the joke?

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Not wearing a Winnipeg jersey in downtown Montreal after game 4 is a good start. Again. I'm not saying what they did was excusable. It should be punished. Ive seen drunk idiots do some pretty bad things. But again. This is the world we live in. If he doesn't realize that he needs to be smarter, then he's in big trouble.

I can reel off many away trips watching Palace over the years where I categorically would not have my team colours on display outside the ground.

Also, you have to be wary of lads asking you the time, as a London accent gives you away as much as the team colours does!!

Wolverhampton and Burnley are right at the top of that sh1t list.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I understand where you're coming from, but where does it end? I once had a group of teenagers in front of the Eaton Centre in Toronto want to fight me for my watch, in broad day light. I consider myself to be fairly intelligent. Should I have not worn my watch, or maybe shouldn't have stood outside the Eaton Centre waiting for a cab? That's the easy way out to say that it's the world we live in.
Agreed. I'm not saying it's right. What if you were counting cash on the street and got robbed? It's a good debate wondering who's truly at fault. Or rather, I think the guy with the cash should be called stupid and the robber is the one at fault. Imo, I'd say this applies to the Winnipeg guy. He's not at fault, but maybe it could be said he used poor judgment.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
I just feel genuinely sorry for him being a Jets fan. Isn't that punishment enough already? On top of that he had to suffer the indignity of announcing it to the world? I strongly recommend avoiding eye contact with these folks let alone approaching them.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Agreed. I'm not saying it's right. What if you were counting cash on the street and got robbed? It's a good debate wondering who's truly at fault. Or rather, I think the guy with the cash should be called stupid and the robber is the one at fault. Imo, I'd say this applies to the Winnipeg guy. He's not at fault, but maybe it could be said he used poor judgment.

We're on the same page Schwang, thank you for the strong debate. :)

I can agree with the part I bolded. It's just a shame that it happened. Luckily he didn't seem too hurt from it. Plus he received a few benefits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->