'Really disgusting': Jets fan says he was punched, robbed of his jersey in Montreal

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I used to carry a machette in my van in BC, mostly cause I drove a lot on back roads, bears and mountain lions. Sadly, I never saw the big cats but lotsa bears. They're mostly scared of people.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hilarious and serious gun right person.
I was once asked why I carry a gun to which I replied- "because I won't ever be on my knees begging for my life"

I’d do the same in Texas. My wife lost 2 colleagues in Dallas when they took a wrong turn and ended up in the wrong neighborhood. On a separate work trip to Dallas, she lost yet another colleague. The company was wondering where these 3 employees were only to learn of their fate on the news.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If you lived in Canada, would you miss that?
Sir
That is why I could never live in any nation that prohibits someone from this god given right.

I love Canada but the thought that criminals are armed and law abiding citizens are not is a society I won't live in. I won't even visit states that have restricted gun rights and there are many.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I’d do the same in Texas. My wife lost 2 colleagues in Dallas when they took a wrong turn and ended up in the wrong neighborhood. On a separate work trip to Dallas, she lost yet another colleague. The company was wondering where these 3 employees were only to learn of their fate on the news.
Those types of stories are all too common brother. There are some incredibly evil people in this world.
I carry a weapon everywhere I go and I will continue to do so.

I am law abiding and society should want me armed....

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Sir
That is why I could never live in any nation that prohibits someone from this god given right.

I love Canada but the thought that criminals are armed and law abiding citizens are not is a society I won't live in. I won't even visit states that have restricted gun rights and there are many.

Theres tons of guns in Canada to us it’s a sporting thing tho thank god

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sir

C’mon man, it’s not a God-given right — it’s a Constitutionally-guaranteed right for US citizens. Big difference. God didn’t decide that every human being had that right — it doesn’t exist in any scripture.

I don’t care for it either way but you like what you like and it’s all fine and dandy if you live in a high gun ownership State like Texas. Enjoy responsibly. ;)

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Hilarious and serious gun right person.
I was once asked why I carry a gun to which I replied- "because I won't ever be on my knees begging for my life"
I guess where you live, you need it.

But I still maintain you two should meet. You're our board Southerners!

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Not wearing a Winnipeg jersey in downtown Montreal after game 4 is a good start. Again. I'm not saying what they did was excusable. It should be punished. Ive seen drunk idiots do some pretty bad things. But again. This is the world we live in. If he doesn't realize that he needs to be smarter, then he's in big trouble.

I understand where you're coming from, but where does it end? I once had a group of teenagers in front of the Eaton Centre in Toronto want to fight me for my watch, in broad day light. I consider myself to be fairly intelligent. Should I have not worn my watch, or maybe shouldn't have stood outside the Eaton Centre waiting for a cab? That's the easy way out to say that it's the world we live in.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Sir

Love you man, but this God of yours never said anything about carrying a firearm. Just sayin'. And we know why the 2nd Amendment was created, in part to quell any possible rebellion by the slaves (like the French colonies experienced; slave owners were scared shitless of what was happening in the Carribean). At least, that's what Ron Chernow implies in his dense George Washington biography. Fascinating story.

But c'est pas grave, it's a hockey board. What do I know? I'm a peasant living in Gatineau, where we have 2 murders a year. :dunno: Living in Texas, I would buy one. In fact, I always wanted to try an M16 or an AR-15 in a shooting gallery. Maybe one day, during a road trip! Cheers, mate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Habs fans making the trip to Boston can relate.

Slashed tires, cigarette burns on your clothes, etc. It all comes with the territory. The best way to avoid trouble is to travel with a group and not be an obnoxious moron outside the arena.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Love you man, but this God of yours never said anything about carrying a firearm. Just sayin'. And we know why the 2nd Amendment was created, in part to quell any possible rebellion by the slaves (like the French colonies experienced; slave owners were scared shitless of what was happening in the Carribean). At least, that's what Ron Chernow implies in his the dense George Washington biography. Fascinating story.

But c'est pas grave, it's a hockey board. What do I know? I'm a peasant living in Gatineau, where we have 2 murders a year. :dunno: Living in Texas, I would buy one. In fact, I always wanted to try an M16 or an AR-15 in a shooting gallery. Maybe one day, during a road trip! Cheers, mate.

I wonder what it would be like going hunting with an AR-15. :sarcasm:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Habs fans making the trip to Boston can relate.

Slashed tires, cigarette burns on your clothes, etc. It all comes with the territory. The best way to avoid trouble is to travel with a group and not be an obnoxious moron outside the arena.

I must be blind to it as I've been to Boston many times over the years. I've always worn Habs related clothing to games. I've never had any serious problems. I had a guy at the Gahden. He kept calling me a Frog. "Shuddup Frog" "Go home you pea souper" Late in the game we were winning by a few goals. I turned to him and yelled "Ribbit Ribbit motherf***er...GO HABS GO!. Now if I was ever gonna get my ass kicked. It would have been well deserved then. lol

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Love you man, but this God of yours never said anything about carrying a firearm. Just sayin'. And we know why the 2nd Amendment was created, in part to quell any possible rebellion by the slaves (like the French colonies experienced; slave owners were scared shitless of what was happening in the Carribean). At least, that's what Ron Chernow implies in his dense George Washington biography. Fascinating story.

Brother you ever make it to Texas I would be proud to take you to a shooting range as I have some cool toys we can fire. Several of them.

I live in a country with a slightly different culture...Come visit!

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Brother you ever make it to Texas I would be proud to take you to a shooting range as I have some cool toys we can fire. Several of them.

I live in a country with a slightly different culture...Come visit!
Man, I will certainly take you up on your offer! I'm an avid roadtripper and your country is my fav. And all I saw from Texas was a portion of Dallas (the touristic stuff) and Cowboys Stadium (of course, Monsieur).

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Man, I will certainly take you up on your offer! I'm an avid roadtripper and your country is my fav. And all I saw from Texas was a portion of Dallas (the touristic stuff) and Cowboys Stadium (of course, Monsieur).
I live about 30 miles from Austin so if you are ever close let me know!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->