RD Jamie Drysdale (2020, 6th, ANA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
That’s a dumb move by the Ducks.

The ducks will likely be in a pretty tough position soon. If the OHL starts up, and you're not allowed to keep drysdale in the AHL, do you send him back to the OHL or bring him to the NHL. It almost seems like a waste of a year either way. You send a guy back to the OHL who is currently tearing up pro hockey vs grown men? Or do you burn a year of his contract in the NHL?

Like, almost worth seeing if you can send him to Europe...

Reactions: Dominance

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Guhle confirmed superstar. Next step, he needs to get a point in the AHL...
He was injured and Laval was carrying over a dozen defensemen, several with NHL experience. They didn't try to showcase any of their young prospects.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
He was injured and Laval was carrying over a dozen defensemen, several with NHL experience. They didn't try to showcase any of their young prospects.

Drysdale is top pairing in San Diego, so 12 dmen wouldn't matter for him.

Not sure why u brought in this comparison to the thread based on a couple world junior games and 1 point. Seems like an argument u r bound to lose...can't see many choosing guhle over drysdale. Especially right after drysdale wins rookie of the month in AHL.

Just really weird.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Guhle will end up just like his brother.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
If the Ducks think this is a development year and aren’t making the playoffs... I would just dress 7D and give Drysdale 7-10 mins one night. I suspect he could handle it. Just don’t burn an ELC year though.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Guhle will end up just like his brother.
Well, Brendan averaged .67 PPG in a short AHL stint at 18. Not far off what your one dimensional little guy is managing so far. He played in the NHL as a 19 year old. That said, Brendan would be the first to tell you Kaiden is a better talent.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Drysdale is top pairing in San Diego, so 12 dmen wouldn't matter for him.

Not sure why u brought in this comparison to the thread based on a couple world junior games and 1 point. Seems like an argument u r bound to lose...can't see many choosing guhle over drysdale. Especially right after drysdale wins rookie of the month in AHL.

Just really weird.
Well Laval could have put Guhle on the top pairing once he was healthy, I suppose, but they want to assess the pro players, as to who to keep and who to cut. Guhle's future is secure, and they couldn't play him full time in the AHL if they wanted to. It was same with their youngest forward prospects. There for practice and coaching until the CHL starts up.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Kaiden Guhle was more productive at the WJC with less ice time and no PP opportunities.
Gonna be a real shame when he ends up like Brendan, huh ? Did Kaiden make the WJC as a 16 year old like Drysdale did ? Was he a top pair D this year in the WJC's and had to stay back the whole tournament while Byram played selfish while constantly attempting to lead the rush ?

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Well Laval could have put Guhle on the top pairing once he was healthy, I suppose, but they want to assess the pro players, as to who to keep and who to cut. Guhle's future is secure, and they couldn't play him full time in the AHL if they wanted to. It was same with their youngest forward prospects. There for practice and coaching until the CHL starts up.
Lol, Kaiden is going to end up as a #5-6 physical dman while Drysdale has a Duncan Keith type career as a number one who may even win a Norris in his prime and constantly be one of the top scoring dman in the league

Oct 18, 2011
I wonder how the ducks can bend the rules to keep him up...I really don't want him to play in a half assed OHL season when he's seemingly ready to play with adults

Oct 18, 2011
Well, Brendan averaged .67 PPG in a short AHL stint at 18. Not far off what your one dimensional little guy is managing so far. He played in the NHL as a 19 year old. That said, Brendan would be the first to tell you Kaiden is a better talent.
Not even good at trolling, good trolls atleast have a little truth in what they say. Try again later.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Gotta think the Ducks will atleast give him 9 games to see if he can stay up, would be a waste going to Erie

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Gonna be a real shame when he ends up like Brendan, huh ? Did Kaiden make the WJC as a 16 year old like Drysdale did ? Was he a top pair D this year in the WJC's and had to stay back the whole tournament while Byram played selfish while constantly attempting to lead the rush ?
Drysdale was 17 years old when he made the WJC championship just to clarify. The only 16 year old dman to make it is Jay Bouwmeester.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Lol, Kaiden is going to end up as a #5-6 physical dman while Drysdale has a Duncan Keith type career as a number one who may even win a Norris in his prime and constantly be one of the top scoring dman in the league
Who should I take in the Kentucky Derby this year Nostramus? I don't want to bet on the wrong horse.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Drysdale was 17 years old when he made the WJC championship just to clarify. The only 16 year old dman to make it is Jay Bouwmeester.
Smaller players develop more quickly. Guhle has 4 inches and 30 pounds on Drysdale via Elite Prospects.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I wonder how the ducks can bend the rules to keep him up...I really don't want him to play in a half assed OHL season when he's seemingly ready to play with adults

taxi squad. Canucks were doing it with rathbone. His development time came with being with/ practicing with the team and just hanging around the guys. If course now he’s in the ahl but earlier on that was happening.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
If the Ducks think this is a development year and aren’t making the playoffs... I would just dress 7D and give Drysdale 7-10 mins one night. I suspect he could handle it. Just don’t burn an ELC year though.

You gotta do whatever you can do to maximize his development, but if I’m the Ducks I’d want to burn his ELC with how he’s looking, even if the AHL is watered down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino