RD Jamie Drysdale (2020, 6th, ANA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
How very convenient to move the goal posts, I said last decade, but you moved the goal post. After 2007 if you have to compare names it’s not pretty.
It would start with Ryan Mcdonagh , PK Subban, Yannick Weber in 2007. End with Mikhail Sergachev and Alex Romanov in recent drafts.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
It would start with Ryan Mcdonagh , PK Subban, Yannick Weber in 2007. End with Mikhail Sergachev and Alex Romanov in recent drafts.

correct, it would start good and end good, with about 11 years of awful. Also, in my counting it’s closer to 12 nhl d men for the ducks and 9 for the Habs, despite the have picking more d-men in that time frame.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Yep just like the other Guhle.
The Guhle brothers may be the new Reinharts, Honkas, Sutters and Staals.
Ducks signed Brendan to a new contract last summer, they don't seem to consider him a flop. He'd be taking a regular shift if he was healthy.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Cant believe Guhle wasn't the first pick in the 2020 draft tbh
You know, these NHL teams tend to look for quick fixes in prospects which they get for a guaranteed 6/7 years and possibly more, while junior teams that can get 3-4 years out of these great prospects put a much bigger emphasis on upside. Obviously.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Coming in and seeing Guhle vs Drysdale instead of Sanderson:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
It's ridiculous. There was also Drysdale vs Byram as well. This thread is being shit throughout. What a shame, Drysdale is a good prospect to talk about.
Was it even mentioned here he just won rookie of the month in the AHL?

In my humble opinion, there is nothing inherently wrong with discussing Drysdale vs. Sanderson, or Drysdale vs. Byram. The issue is that those kinds of topics attract the most insecure, and, therefore, angriest of the posters. So of course it goes to s**t.

Guhle business is just comedy gold, I am literally laughing just thinking about it.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
In my humble opinion, there is nothing inherently wrong with discussing Drysdale vs. Sanderson, or Drysdale vs. Byram. The issue is that those kinds of topics attract the most insecure, and, therefore, angriest of the posters. So of course it goes to s**t.

Guhle business is just comedy gold, I am literally laughing just thinking about it.
Sure, the idea is not wrong, I agree. It just is at crazy levels in this board, I think too much.
Not enough talk about Drysdale himself.

As a Ducks fan, I am still a bit concerned about his size and that he might not be dynamic enough offensively at the NHL level. But man, I'm excited.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Has a 18 year old defensemen ever won rookie of the month in the AHL?

I don't think so. The last good/great 18 year rookie was Ramus Sandin who is criminally underrated (and not a fan of the overhyped Liljegren on the same Marlies team)

The CHL-AHL-NHL agreement prevented most 18 year olds from playing in the AHL so it had to be some European or Russian.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
Sure, the idea is not wrong, I agree. It just is at crazy levels in this board, I think too much.
Not enough talk about Drysdale himself.

As a Ducks fan, I am still a bit concerned about his size and that he might not be dynamic enough offensively at the NHL level. But man, I'm excited.

I would not worry about size. Cale Makar is also 5'11", and I do not think anybody is worried about Makar's size. That's not to say that Drysdale is the same level player at the moment, but rather that if anything stops him from becoming that level player, I do not think it's going to be size. I haven't seen Drysdale in the AHL, but those who have did not mention that he is in any way hampered by his size playing at 18 against grown men, and he is only going to get stronger.

To me "dynamic" is a term more reflective of aesthetic preference, and I think what ultimately matters is effectiveness. I'd say Drysdale combines both dynamic and cerebral elements in his game, and seems to be able to adjust his style to opponent and situation. To me that's an indication a truly special player.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I still would have taken him over Byram and possibly Stutzle. Getting him at 6th is robbery. I think he will be the best player from this draft in 4-5 years time.

Really enjoyed watching some of his AHL highlights on twitter. He was really fun to watch in Erie last season.

Size is a non-factor when you can skate like he does. His skating and IQ will get him out of all kinds of trouble, a little bit like McAvoy in his rookie year when he looked small but had a big presence.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I don't think so. The last good/great 18 year rookie was Ramus Sandin who is criminally underrated (and not a fan of the overhyped Liljegren on the same Marlies team)

The CHL-AHL-NHL agreement prevented most 18 year olds from playing in the AHL so it had to be some European or Russian.

The last good/great 18 year old rookie was Moritz Seider.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I personally thought he was more impressive for the Gulls than Zegras was. Maybe the expectations for a defenseman are lower, but I think he deserves a couple of games with the big club.

Yeah, seemed like Zegras was way more flashy, and when he was noticeable he was more so, but Drysdale was everywhere on the ice down in San Diego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad