RD Jamie Drysdale (2020, 6th, ANA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Right handed D-man Jamie Drysdale from Toronto,ON
a top prospect eligible for the 2020 NHL entry draft.

April 08 2002 | as of now; 5 foot 11, 154 lbs <- according to Eliteprospects
6 foot 0, 165 lbs <- according to OHL / Erie Otters

He joins Erie Otters for next season.

Fourth Overall Pick Jamie Drysdale Commits to Erie – Erie Otters

His Eliteprospects page: Jamie Drysdale at eliteprospects.com

Few links:

The Scouting News
Jamie Drysdale 2002 | Amateur Hockey Report

Anyone have a inside scoop on him other than whats above,
anyone have a thought about him?

Some are saying he might be a high 2020 pick.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
A great sign that playing with the best players in the age group in Canada, and still, barely anyone can touch him when he gets going. Thought he had a great camp. His defensive effort is what's going to separate him. Has an effect at all times.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Well, he is Otters #1 point scorer for d-men this season at 16. 5 points in 7 games, amazing for a 16 year old kid, if you ask me.
he is one of the youngest d-men this season in the OHL.

Reactions: savard95

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Excellent skater and passer. Tape to tape with consistency, even on some very tough passes. Another thing I liked was I saw him make a bad pass, which created an odd man rush, but he worked really hard to get himself back into the play and disrupt the chance. Showed his incredible skating, but it was also a great effort. Many players might've given up on a play that looked like he had no chance to get back on defense.

This guy is supposed to be compared to Doughty. I see some of that. I remember Merkley was also compared to Doughty, but that obviously doesn't apply because of the defensive side of the game. Just from the first time watching him play, I'd say Drysdale shows some similarities. The composure with the puck looks very similar to Doughty. Lets see how his defensive game develops. Looks like a reasonably smart player, and works hard defensively. Had some defensive errors, but the potential in his game may be there to be that style of two-way defenseman.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
His effort on defence and just his general demeanour on and off the ice, makes the think that whatever his potential is, he'll reach it.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Excellent skater and passer. Tape to tape with consistency, even on some very tough passes. Another thing I liked was I saw him make a bad pass, which created an odd man rush, but he worked really hard to get himself back into the play and disrupt the chance. Showed his incredible skating, but it was also a great effort. Many players might've given up on a play that looked like he had no chance to get back on defense.

This guy is supposed to be compared to Doughty. I see some of that. I remember Merkley was also compared to Doughty, but that obviously doesn't apply because of the defensive side of the game. Just from the first time watching him play, I'd say Drysdale shows some similarities. The composure with the puck looks very similar to Doughty. Lets see how his defensive game develops. Looks like a reasonably smart player, and works hard defensively. Had some defensive errors, but the potential in his game may be there to be that style of two-way defenseman.

Thanks. Great info.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007

I was talking with a friend yesterday and made the same comparison. I think he's the best defensive prospect since Drew Doughty -- I have him over Ekblad by a slight edge due to his total overall package. Skating, Smarts, and Skill, only thing missing out of the 4S's is Size, but he's only 16 with room to grow.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Has continued to pot points with steady hand, for a team that is last in their division.
only 1 goal thou, but then again 12 assists, is -6, has 40 sog, his ppg avg is quite high; 0.68.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
I was talking with a friend yesterday and made the same comparison. I think he's the best defensive prospect since Drew Doughty -- I have him over Ekblad by a slight edge due to his total overall package. Skating, Smarts, and Skill, only thing missing out of the 4S's is Size, but he's only 16 with room to grow.
I somewhat agree. But I still don’t even think he was the best D prospect on his minor Midget team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad