RD Jamie Drysdale (2020, 6th, ANA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I've watched every single Gulls game including preseason. Your Zegras evaluations are horrible.

It’s correctable. He’s dangerous when he has time and space but I saw only one battle he won tonight and that was the nice cross pass(while defender was draped over him) that should have led to a goal. Drysdale makes his own space because of his skating.

I don’t think anybody should make any final evaluations this season in the AHL. The hockey is pretty bad. Other than Dostal, nobody on the ice should be playing in the NHL this season.

Reactions: Kalv

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
It’s correctable. He’s dangerous when he has time and space but I saw only one battle he won tonight and that was the nice cross pass(while defender was draped over him) that should have led to a goal. Drysdale makes his own space because of his skating.

I don’t think anybody should make any final evaluations this season in the AHL. The hockey is pretty bad. Other than Dostal, nobody on the ice should be playing in the NHL this season.
I tend to agree with this notion. Z is great especially as A PP threat but really needs to bulk up as his board game is lacking. Super fun player to watch

Reactions: voxel

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Amazing skater tonight. He walks the line as fast as some skate forward.

Zegras was again a giveaway machine tonight because he's so weak on the puck. Folks need to watch AHL games instead of stat watching. Peyton Krebs is also incredible weak on his skates.

Thankfully the AHL is EHCL quality this season so the 2019 draft class can learn without being destroyed.

Not a Zegras thread, and you literally post the same thing about him every time. We get it.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not a Zegras thread, and you literally post the same thing about him every time. We get it.

lol he acts like all zegras does is turn over the puck, he does need to work on it but look how many shots/chances the zegras line generates a game.... does he have flaws in his game yes, that’s why he’s down in the AHL... but he brings a ton of offense w/ him

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

It's more for comparison against Drysdale who is younger and physically weaker/smaller. Drysdale's skating is so elite he can skate out of problems. Personally, I think Drysdale could OUT score Zegras by the end of the season... he's that elite. His puck carrying ability helps immensely on offense.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Amazing skater tonight. He walks the line as fast as some skate forward.

Zegras was again a giveaway machine tonight because he's so weak on the puck. Folks need to watch AHL games instead of stat watching. Peyton Krebs is also incredible weak on his skates.

Thankfully the AHL is EHCL quality this season so the 2019 draft class can learn without being destroyed.

I’ve also wondered about the strength of the league. Only seen a few games this season, but I was leaning towards the AHL being a lot weaker this season and the numbers we see across the board being a lot less valuable.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I’ve also wondered about the strength of the league. Only seen a few games this season, but I was leaning towards the AHL being a lot weaker this season and the numbers we see across the board being a lot less valuable.

The league needs Comtois/Norris/Batherson/Dube and various NHL-AHL tweeners. Last season the Stockton Heat would just destroy the Condors. That team had vets like Brandon Davidson who played in the NHL. This season... it’s sloppy and no team is crisp and as skilled. However, it could be lack of a preseason and these games are early in the season.

Quiet night for Drysdale. He does remind me a little of Duncan Keith though. Tonight, 3 of the Condors goals against the Gulls were garbage types. And players of both teams simply didn’t cash in on passes when wide open. Hard to judge with so many ECHLers playing.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
The league needs Comtois/Norris/Batherson/Dube and various NHL-AHL tweeners. Last season the Stockton Heat would just destroy the Condors. That team had vets like Brandon Davidson who played in the NHL. This season... it’s sloppy and no team is crisp and as skilled. However, it could be lack of a preseason and these games are early in the season.

Quiet night for Drysdale. He does remind me a little of Duncan Keith though. Tonight, 3 of the Condors goals against the Gulls were garbage types. And players of both teams simply didn’t cash in on passes when wide open. Hard to judge with so many ECHLers playing.

I think that Jake Sanderson and Keith are much more comparable when Keith was approximately the same age (not the Norris winning peak Keith who was a lot closer to being dynamic rather than quietly effective/steady on most nights).

Sanderson and Keith are both better skaters than Drysdale, whos no slouch, but most scouts agreed that Sanderson was the best in his class in that area. And they both player a more aggresive and physical game, while having a similar stature at around 6'1 200lbs.

And they both play a reliable two way game that is based around primarily around elite skating, strong defensive positioning, and making subtle but high IQ plays in all 3 zones. And like Keith had prior to his peak NHL seasons and during his time as a college prospect, Sanderson also has that tantalizing possibility of untapped offensive potential when hes fully developed.

Every one of his coaches (from prestigious programs) seem to go out of their way to point out that hes more capable offensively than his stat line would suggest.

Personally, I see a lot of Morgan Reilly in Drysdale. A solid but not spectacular puck moving Dman thats able to eat decent minutes and get some points, but might get in a bit of trouble if his team expects him to carry the load both offensively and defensively. More of a #2 or #3 in an ideal world.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sanderson and Keith are both better skaters than Drysdale, whos no slouch, but most scouts agreed that Sanderson was the best in his class in that area.

You're making things up. It is by no means a consensus that Sanderson is a better skater than Drysdale. If anything, the opposite would be true. Barron and Wallinder are also terrific skaters from the back end, and I'm probably missing a couple more.

Last edited:

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
He made a really bad mistake that lead to a goal against, but it was really uncharacteristic one for him. I'm sure he will be fine
Tied for 3rd in the AHL scoring race

I'm actually surprised he hasn't had more of them (being an 18 year old stepping in the the AHL). It was a learning experience for him and he responded very well to it (some really good defensive plays and the goal) and the goal against didn't hurt the team. If he has 1 really bad mistake ever hand full of games but creates chances every single game, I'd be fine with it in the long run (but I think he's good enough that he'll cut down the mistakes over time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->