RD Jamie Drysdale (2020, 6th, ANA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
Last game again led the Ducks in ice time and was matched up against the Avs top line.
Was on ice when GWG was allowed and you could kind of blame him, but hey. He turned 19 this week as well.

I guess he does deserve some blame, but Manson probably should have come back and taken the guy infront of the net. Haven't watched many Ducks games, what type of defense do they play?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Was on the ice more than anyone else on the Ducks again, had the only goal. Really solid 2 game series for him against the Avs where he was pretty much our most important player. Defenseman for sure.

Yeah in my mind he's our top prospect now.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
He's who I and other thought/hoped the Kings would take at # 4 before we lucked out and moved up in the draft. Ducks did well getting him at # 6. Glad his development seems to be progressing after the jump to the NHL.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This guy is going to be a stud for a long time

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I'm hoping he's open for a 10 game stint with Team Canada heading to Europe for the WHC. Should be a young team where he'll get lots of games and TOI.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This Kings/Ducks series has been some of the ugliest NHL hockey to be played this year, but I'll be damned if it isn't fun to watch Drysdale and Zegras up close at the same time as Byfield and some of the others.

Just as I thought before he was drafted, Drysdale reminds me of a young Doughty. Maybe calmer/less spastic, and obviously a much, much smoother skater, but same general control.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Wyatt Kalynuk is one of our rookie D's and is quietly outscoring Drysdale.
Now Kalynuk is 24 and Drysdale is what 19 so I am not trying to say Kalynuk will be the better D long term as I see JD as a star in the making it's just that as a Hawk fan I'm pretty impressed with what WK has been able to do in 15 games.
Congrats on picking up a future star D Anaheim! I mean it! :thumbu:
Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 10.30.22 AM.png

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Now Kalynuk is 24 and Drysdale is what 19 so I am not trying to say Kalynuk will be the better D long term as I see JD as a star in the making it's just that as a Hawk fan I'm pretty impressed with what WK has been able to do in 15 games.
View attachment 428040

I'm a Hawks fan and this was a weird place to post this.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
This Kings/Ducks series has been some of the ugliest NHL hockey to be played this year, but I'll be damned if it isn't fun to watch Drysdale and Zegras up close at the same time as Byfield and some of the others.

Just as I thought before he was drafted, Drysdale reminds me of a young Doughty. Maybe calmer/less spastic, and obviously a much, much smoother skater, but same general control.

I see more Niedermayer/Keith then Doughty, but you have obviously seen a lot more of Doughty then I have.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I see more Niedermayer/Keith then Doughty, but you have obviously seen a lot more of Doughty then I have.

I actually think Keith was my comp before the draft because of the skating. I see it. I'm just thinking of the game control, the IQ, the headiness to just seem like he's the one masterminding all the chess pieces. (not that Keith didn't do that mind you). And I just figured plenty of Ducks fans remember young Doughty too heh, at least more so than Keith.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
View attachment 428040
Okay.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00