RD Jamie Drysdale (2020, 6th, ANA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Smaller players develop more quickly. Guhle has 4 inches and 30 pounds on Drysdale via Elite Prospects.
Okay... it wasn’t a comment on anyone’s development. I was just clarifying that Drysdale didn’t make it as a 16 year old d-man. Great feat to make it as a draft eligible defenceman, but he’s on a whole nother level hype wise if he made it as a 16 year old defenceman. That’s it, that’s all. Not saying anything bad about one prospect or the other. Just clarifying as I love the fact that JBo is the only 16 year old d-man to make the Canadian WJ team.

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
I had the same thought lol.
Byram, then Sanderson, now Guhle. I can't wait for the 2021 draftees to get in the mix of being compared to Dyrsdale...
Well what is there to do on a prospect thread except compare their performance to other prospects? Anything beyond that is mere speculation and wishful thinking.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
Damn. I wonder if NHL scouts were also taking into account extremely niche concepts like upside somewhat recently.
Some teams (especially the weakest ones), prefer instant gratification. They reach for a quick fix, then force feed him in the system to distract the fans from the overall bleakness.

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
I know I probably should not, but I am starting to dislike Kaiden Guhle. He is the singular existential threat to Hockey's Future, reminds me of Agent Smith from The Matrix movies.

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Some teams (especially the weakest ones), prefer instant gratification. They reach for a quick fix, then force feed him in the system to distract the fans from the overall bleakness.

You do realize that the ducks are one of the best, if not the best, at drafting defensemen over the last decade?

why don't you compare how the Canadiens defensive prospects have turned out vs. the ducks and you tell me who the weak drafting team is....

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Guhle went first overall in WHL draft. Drysdale went fourth in OHL draft, so the scouts were taking into account upside there.
5 OHLers were taken in the top 10 this draft, not a single WHLer was taken top 10 in 2020? Are you really comparing players based on where they were drafted in a junior draft 2 and 3 years prior to their draft date in separate junior leagues. Before even ignoring the politics involved with junior drafts. I'm not a huge Drysdale fan, but this is just a ridiculous take.

Last edited:

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Ah, yes, the Ducks, known for looking for quick fixes in prospects, especially on the defensive end. Great point. Well, considering how these guys were ranked all year leading up to the draft, and Drysdale not being a reach, to say the least, basically all the teams drafting between 6 and 16 messed up. Seems plausible, my dude.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
You do realize that the ducks are one of the best, if not the best, at drafting defensemen over the last decade?

why don't you compare how the Canadiens defensive prospects have turned out vs. the ducks and you tell me who the weak drafting team is....

Well for all the first round drafted defensemen on their roster, they're the second worst team in the league at the moment.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
I'm glad to see that other team's prospect threads are not immune from being turned into Kaiden Guhle discussions.

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
I think it's probably because you spam every thread with Guhle Facts that gets some people a wee bit annoyed. I personally would like to unsubscribe.
... but not before popping in to express a viewpoint from a third party fan base, apparently.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
It started out with a simple fact. Guhle outscored Drysdale at the WJC. I didn't think that would incite such panic.
Nobody’s panicking. People are making fun of your terrible arguments and/or are annoyed with having to read a unilaterally forced offtopic non-debate over how he compares to some prospect from some random user’s favorite team.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Well for all the first round drafted defensemen on their roster, they're the second worst team in the league at the moment.

ire

I never said we were a good team, just that we are good at identifying and drafting talented defensemen (significantly better than Montreal).

Also, not like the Canadians have had much success lately.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

robert ethan

Feb 5, 2021
ire

I never said we were a good team, just that we are good at identifying and drafting talented defensemen (significantly better than Montreal).

Also, not like the Canadians have had much success lately.
I looked at drafts back to 2006 where both teams struck out on Fisher and Mitera, and each team has 10 drafted defensemen playing in the league currently.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
I looked at drafts back to 2006 where both teams struck out on Fisher and Mitera, and each team has 10 drafted defensemen playing in the league currently.

How very convenient to move the goal posts, I said last decade, but you moved the goal post. After 2007 if you have to compare names it’s not pretty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad