RD Adam Boqvist, London Knights - 8th overall 2018

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Well how "minor" could it be then?

Obviously a problem enough not to let him back in the lineup since the injury. .Told us at first they were keeping him outcast a precaution ..given his concussion history that had ominous implication...Powers then reported that Stan told him it was something "monor"...Whatever it is London has said nothing official about it and he has missed all the games since he incurred the hit..

Why the secrecy?Hawks told us they had a new policy to reveal the exact nature of injury problems. ..But London may not have such a new policy ..So we fans are left to speculate.

I have no information...just suing whatever the problem is London does not feel he is healthy enough to play .

It could be as "minor" as a bad bruise ..or it could be something a lot more serious. IT is infuriating not to get the true info ..but we are still left in the dark about his health status.

Powers went directly to Bowman who said it was minor and that they are playing it safe. You use zero logic and jump to the conclusion that he is seriously injured. Use some basic logic for once.

He missed 1 weekend. 1 weekend.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Well how "minor" could it be then?

Obviously a problem enough not to let him back in the lineup since the injury. .Told us at first they were keeping him outcast a precaution ..given his concussion history that had ominous implication...Powers then reported that Stan told him it was something "monor"...Whatever it is London has said nothing official about it and he has missed all the games since he incurred the hit..

Why the secrecy?Hawks told us they had a new policy to reveal the exact nature of injury problems. ..But London may not have such a new policy ..So we fans are left to speculate.

I have no information...just suing whatever the problem is London does not feel he is healthy enough to play .

It could be as "minor" as a bad bruise ..or it could be something a lot more serious. IT is infuriating not to get the true info ..but we are still left in the dark about his health status.

But he is a smurf eh?

Reactions: AmericanDream

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Powers went directly to Bowman who said it was minor and that they are playing it safe. You use zero logic and jump to the conclusion that he is seriously injured. Use some basic logic for once.

He missed 1 weekend. 1 weekend.

No, he was injured and removed from the game on Friday, Oct 26, then he missed the game on Saturday, Oct 27, then he missed all three games this past weekend. So he has been too injured to play in the last 4 games over 2 weekends. It was reported the reason he left the game on the 26th is he received a hit to the head. Could the injury that has kept him out of the last 4 games be unrelated to the hit to the head that got him removed from the game on the 26th? I suppose it's possible but highly unlikely. Calling it minor and they were simply playing it safe does not fit with concussion issues because you either have concussion symptoms or you don't - this isn't a matter of soreness.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No, he was injured and removed from the game on Friday, Oct 26, then he missed the game on Saturday, Oct 27, then he missed all three games this past weekend. So he has been too injured to play in the last 4 games over 2 weekends. It was reported the reason he left the game on the 26th is he received a hit to the head. Could the injury that has kept him out of the last 4 games be unrelated to the hit to the head that got him removed from the game on the 26th? I suppose it's possible but highly unlikely. Calling it minor and they were simply playing it safe does not fit with concussion issues because you either have concussion symptoms or you don't - this isn't a matter of soreness.

Did he play the prior weekend? Yes so he has only missed one weekend.

It was also reported that he had no concussion symptoms and was battling a cold/flu. If he has no symptoms then it is highly likely that something else happened. Powers said it was minor this came right from Bowman yet people are freaking out making drastic assumptions.

We have no idea if it is soreness or not.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Pump the breaks guys. This was two days ago:

Everything has been reported as day-to-day since the start and hasn’t changed. Never gave any indication that this was a major issue.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
well, most people that I have talked to that are London fans/close to the group have said it is a concussion. Boqvist is in concussion protocol which is why he hasn't played yet. he left the game after hitting his head off the glass, and has been eased back in as this is not an illness. whatever is being reported by some seems to contradict what others very close to the team are saying that it is not an illness..
take it for what it is worth..

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
well, most people that I have talked to that are London fans/close to the group have said it is a concussion. Boqvist is in concussion protocol which is why he hasn't played yet. he left the game after hitting his head off the glass, and has been eased back in as this is not an illness. whatever is being reported by some seems to contradict what others very close to the team are saying that it is not an illness..

Are they attached to the team? Not questioning you just curious.

Skating hard in full gear in not really something normal in protocol. Normally it is just the bike at this point.

Last edited:

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008

Skating hard in full gear in not really something normal in protocol. Normally it is just the bike at this point.
I seem to recall Crawford skating in February or so in gear, and it was another 7+ months until he played.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I seem to recall Crawford skating in February or so in gear, and it was another 7+ months until he played.

He barely practiced (as in he was on the ice for a short period of time) and we all know the other reports.

Boqvist skated hard in full gear. Remember he had a cold and the flu the prior weekend and that week.

Obviously none of us know for sure but I have a strong feeling the Hawks would not have him skating if he was concussed, they are going to play it ultra safe with him.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
And people also freaked out ans claimed it foolish to expect him to still play this year or play well.

It's a bit much to leap to avoid what is happening. If it was a concussion he shouldnt be skating and practicing hard but denying what hes doing is silly. If the sport wants to protect players he wouldn't be doing this though, but him skating has no declaration it wasnt a concussion.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

they are, and have been trusted sources for years. met a few years ago when I was working in midget minor hockey.

there are many different levels of concussions, not going to make this a long post..but I think everything is just being handled on the safe side with Boqvist.

Boqvist left the game on the 26th directly after a hit he took. I am not saying that it never has happened before, but it would be odd for a player to leave the game after taking a hit due to "illness". if people want to believe that, that is fine.

Again, from what I and a few others on here that I know have been told is Boqvist was taken out because he didn't react well/promptly enough after the hit and for precautionary reasons did not come back. Boqvist said he felt fine the next day and seems to have had no serious setbacks or additional issues since the 26th, but this is where the "flu" seems to be coming in as he apparently got sick as well over that week. He has been handled with the utmost amount of care and respect, basically with rubber gloves approach, but all trending on the very safe and conservative side.

He is back to skating again which is great, he had to go a number of days with no symptoms prior to skating which he accomplished - different severity of concussions get different types of recovery/time off. It didn't look like anything major when he took the hit, but when a player has the history he does, he is now prone to these unfortunately, and for safety and precautionary reasons he has sat. This is directly from those I know up there, I 100% trust them.

Reactions: bwana63 and pvr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad