RD Adam Boqvist, London Knights - 8th overall 2018

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I guess this finally qualifies him for a "star" at the OHLlevel...but it only tookl 17 games...he is finally emerging to be a difference-maker at this level. ..or is it just a 1-off?

Possibly London had toned him back until recently to concentrate on his defensive game and is only now letting him go more aggressive on offense?

Remember when he started the season.. Had 6 shots on goal each of his first 2 games bit no points and was caught up ice leaving 2 ones and break-aways ..so they had to fix this by letting him stay further back ..and of course there was no Bouchard ..no Formentin, No Cotter ...so London is a much deeper and more talented tram now ..So as their offense has grown he naturally gets more points out of their netter possessions now ..

Whatever...it took long enough but we finally see one of the big "difference-maker" attributes for why he was drafted..his shot...it was absent for a very long time since the start of the season..then a few games back he got his first goal and we are seeing more if that...encouraging cause we did not see him beat goalies with any specialnessof his shot till recently.Hopefully this is a harbinger of a lot more of that ...
The assistctotalsxare fine but a lot of secondaries that one expects of a talented offensive team like London is..They were not so threatening early in the season but as I said,as Bouchard and Formentin came back and now Cotter joined them after leaving the NCAA and scored his first goal in his first game last night,they now are very deep and talented such that they can be a big offensive threat every game out..That means Boqvist will pick up more points just because of more attack success by the team ..his share of the increases offense will also rise with that extra team offense that us manifesting now .

So I am not as excited about piling up.more assists as a matter of course ..but rather excited to see him beat goalies with that shot ..and I hope this part consistently manifests now to a much greater degree ..

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Primary, but that will somehow not matter when Fiddy talks about Boqvist's performance today.

Edit: ClydeLee saying secondary, so maybe I'm wrong. Thought I saw it listed as a primary earlier.
I was talking about the secondary assist on his own actual goal.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I’m excited for the future Boqvist-Jokiharju top pair. Hopefully it’s our next 2-7.

A Beaudin-Mitchell second pair will look nice, and a Forsling-Murphy third pair will too.

It will be awesome because it will be a really fast defense, and because 50 will constantly bitch about not enough size and hits even when they’re dominating games in other ways.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

tenor.gif

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Boqvist has 17 points in 17 games. That's pretty good for a d-man regardless if it doesn't meet expectations of certain posters, especially considering he is transitioning from from the Euro rink size to the N.A. rink size, as an 18 year old living abroad for the first time. Maybe he should be given a little more time before we assess what he will be.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I’m excited for the future Boqvist-Jokiharju top pair. Hopefully it’s our next 2-7.

A Beaudin-Mitchell second pair will look nice, and a Forsling-Murphy third pair will too.

It will be awesome because it will be a really fast defense, and because 50 will constantly ***** about not enough size and hits even when they’re dominating games in other ways.
Just have to figure out how to get rid of Keith and Seabrook.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
He better learn how to play with some grit or he’s never going to earn a spot over Manning on this team.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Boqvist has 17 points in 17 games. That's pretty good for a d-man regardless if it doesn't meet expectations of certain posters, especially considering he is transitioning from from the Euro rink size to the N.A. rink size, as an 18 year old living abroad for the first time. Maybe he should be given a little more time before we assess what he will be.

“We” is one poster. Most people believe Boqvist will eventually be top-pairing

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Boqvist assist was high level as well. Held on to the puck from the left circle, pump faked a couple of times, and then put a dime on Bouchards stick and Bouchard just had to basically tap it in.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Boqvist assist was high level as well. Held on to the puck from the left circle, pump faked a couple of times, and then put a dime on Bouchards stick and Bouchard just had to basically tap it in.
wow, the pass was a beautiful. right past 2 opposing players. just wow !!

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Or scratch them if they can’t outperform the kids. Hawks will have the cap flexibility to do that with all those guys on ELCs but Murphy and Forsling
Yeah but for how long can they do that?

Let's say that's the lineup starting in 2020-21 season. Keith has another 2 seasons on his contract and Seabs has 3. You can't keep scratching them for 2-3 years. Unless we get a compliance buyout for Seabs and just deal with Keith as a bottom pairing guy which he should still be able to handle at that point..

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yeah but for how long can they do that?

Let's say that's the lineup starting in 2020-21 season. Keith has another 2 seasons on his contract and Seabs has 3. You can't keep scratching them for 2-3 years. Unless we get a compliance buyout for Seabs and just deal with Keith as a bottom pairing guy which he should still be able to handle at that point..
while being extremely hard to work around the cap on a future yr, i can see it being done with rookies and very young players on elc contracts.

but yeah, no matter what, Seabs contract NEEDS to have a compliance buyout.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
while being extremely hard to work around the cap on a future yr, i can see it being done with rookies and very young players on elc contracts.

but yeah, no matter what, Seabs contract NEEDS to have a compliance buyout.
Yeah Keith's contract isn't egregious. Even if he's bottom pairing at the end of his career, the cap hit isn't bad. Seabs tho...oh boy. I desperately hope we get that buyout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad