RD Adam Boqvist, London Knights - 8th overall 2018

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Did he play the prior weekend? Yes so he has only missed one weekend.

It was also reported that he had no concussion symptoms and was battling a cold/flu. If he has no symptoms then it is highly likely that something else happened. Powers said it was minor this came right from Bowman yet people are freaking out making drastic assumptions.

We have no idea if it is soreness or not.

You can play the semantics game if you want but he has missed 4 games Saturday through the following Sunday. That is more than the usual time missed for "illness". The evidence available suggests it was a concussion of some level and consequently the early report that it was illness related seems unlikely now that it has lasted more than a week.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You can play the semantics game if you want but he has missed 4 games Saturday through the following Sunday. That is more than the usual time missed for "illness". The evidence available suggests it was a concussion of some level and consequently the early report that it was illness related seems unlikely now that it has lasted more than a week.

The is nothing semantics about it, that is 1 week.

The flu lasts about a week?

What evidence shows a concussion? Other than the hit which shows a check, there is no evidence other than the team and the Hawks saying it is not a concussion and that he has been sick. It is all hearsay at this point technically.AD also just said he didn't have symptoms.

This could all be a perfect storm of both I guess.

Again he would not have skated hard on the 2nd if he had symptoms. He would have been on the bike.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
they are, and have been trusted sources for years. met a few years ago when I was working in midget minor hockey.

there are many different levels of concussions, not going to make this a long post..but I think everything is just being handled on the safe side with Boqvist.

Boqvist left the game on the 26th directly after a hit he took. I am not saying that it never has happened before, but it would be odd for a player to leave the game after taking a hit due to "illness". if people want to believe that, that is fine.

Again, from what I and a few others on here that I know have been told is Boqvist was taken out because he didn't react well/promptly enough after the hit and for precautionary reasons did not come back. Boqvist said he felt fine the next day and seems to have had no serious setbacks or additional issues since the 26th, but this is where the "flu" seems to be coming in as he apparently got sick as well over that week. He has been handled with the utmost amount of care and respect, basically with rubber gloves approach, but all trending on the very safe and conservative side.

He is back to skating again which is great, he had to go a number of days with no symptoms prior to skating which he accomplished - different severity of concussions get different types of recovery/time off. It didn't look like anything major when he took the hit, but when a player has the history he does, he is now prone to these unfortunately, and for safety and precautionary reasons he has sat. This is directly from those I know up there, I 100% trust them.

Fair enough. It is just very odd that the team is not just saying that and reporting the flu.

He had no symptoms so did he even have a concussion? If they decided that even though he had no symptoms and wanted to play it safe it is not a bad thing.

Again I don't think he would have skated hard if he had a concussion. It is all bike.

Midget minor where? This has NOTHING to do with anything other than me being curious as I played midget minor.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
The is nothing semantics about it, that is 1 week.

The flu lasts about a week?

What evidence shows a concussion? Other than the hit which shows a check, there is no evidence other than the team and the Hawks saying it is not a concussion and that he has been sick. It is all hearsay at this point technically.AD also just said he didn't have symptoms.

This could all be a perfect storm of both I guess.

Again he would not have skated hard on the 2nd if he had symptoms. He would have been on the bike.

The comment about playing it safe and being cautious are not comments associated with the flu.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Fair enough. It is just very odd that the team is not just saying that and reporting the flu.

He had no symptoms so did he even have a concussion? If they decided that even though he had no symptoms and wanted to play it safe it is not a bad thing.

Again I don't think he would have skated hard if he had a concussion. It is all bike.

Midget minor where? This has NOTHING to do with anything other than me being curious as I played midget minor.

I think the truth likely is somewhere in between of "concussion" and "flu"...he got hit and left the game...I will leave the rest of what is happening up to interpretation..and players do get on the ice after a concussion, some guys return playing in under a week if they pass the protocol immediately, I have seen a number already this year back in under a week from "concussion symptoms." Let's just hope he gets back healthy, as I have said this many times before - he is now a target, kids in the CHL are trying to make their mark, they will attack him high knowing it is a weakness of his....

your last part - T1EHL - for a number of teams from Honey Baked and Belle Tire to the Mission and CYA...all marketing, sales, sponsorship, registration and admission for these teams for a few years...when I was done playing after college, it was my first foray into marketing and sales...loved it, loved following the prospects which I got to see on a nightly basis and why I have always been so involved in the prospects boards...but great for a younger guy not a family, met my wife and it just wasn't enough to provide for where we were going unfortunately...anything else just PM...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I think the truth likely is somewhere in between of "concussion" and "flu"...he got hit and left the game...I will leave the rest of what is happening up to interpretation..and players do get on the ice after a concussion, some guys return playing in under a week if they pass the protocol immediately, I have seen a number already this year back in under a week from "concussion symptoms." Let's just hope he gets back healthy, as I have said this many times before - he is now a target, kids in the CHL are trying to make their mark, they will attack him high knowing it is a weakness of his....

your last part - T1EHL - for a number of teams from Honey Baked and Belle Tire to the Mission and CYA...all marketing, sales, sponsorship, registration and admission for these teams for a few years...when I was done playing after college, it was my first foray into marketing and sales...loved it, loved following the prospects which I got to see on a nightly basis and why I have always been so involved in the prospects boards...but great for a younger guy not a family, met my wife and it just wasn't enough to provide for where we were going unfortunately...anything else just PM...

Agree about him being a target for sure.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Whatever he's dealing with, we'll likely get a better idea relatively soon when he eventually gets questioned by reporters (or just a single reporter, it is the OHL after all). Last time he got concussed, he was the one to go and announce it and while he might not do the same now, his response to missing all this time should be somewhat telling.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Kind of just hoping he makes it through the year and to Chicago perfectly healthy. Couldn’t care less the numbers he puts up in London. Just stay healthy. Don’t need idiots running him every game to get noticed. That won’t happen at the NHL level as frequently.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
London's next game is this Friday, the 9th. If he plays we can move on from the speculation, if he doesn't play we can eliminate the notion he has the flu.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
They are using them on the 1st pp unit now...

But Bouchard is the focal point and Boqvist seems to be deferring to him to let him be the prime pp qb with his bomb of a shot and smarts ..so not sure if that will help Boqvistvpilevup any pok ts..

As to the 5x5 rotation..you could say that Boqvist is 3rd pairing with William Lochead who is 20 yrs old and a SAH type with good work ethic such that London seems more concerned about shutting down than scoring g when they are 5x5 with thus pair g..

The 2nd pairing is 20 yr old OHL vet Matt Timms
and his LD partner the 1...Boqvist Zero points9 yr.old Jacob Golden a draft pick of the Minnesota Wild..they seem to be generating a lot of attack 5x5 as well as soliddefensive play. .

But I would have to rank them as the 2nd pairing ..Bouchard and Regula are the fist pairing and Bouchard plays both 1st unit pp and 1st unit PK and sometimes gets extra shifts because he really controls the game ..A lot more advanced than Boqvist but remember he is 9 and a half months older than Boqvist and basically 1 extra hockey year ahead in experience ...Next year Boqvist should become the focal point 1st pair dman for London. .I think he will require that year in the OHL next season to continue his development..cannot see him ready for the show. .

Bouchard should stick with Edmonton next season but they sent him back for 1 more year of juniors development so as not to overwhelm him too fast.

These are the wisest thngs to do with most young den from juniors.

BOQVIST is getting PK duty too..on the 2nd PK unit.. London is trying to develop his defensive game ...probably at the expense of holding him back on a track .He has not been so "dynamic" rushing with pucks but instead seems to be quickly passing it deep in his zone to let others rush the puck to thebo-zone..This is not the aspect of Boqvist for which he was drafted...he was thought to be a lot more dynamic ..but London has more experienced dmen like Bouchard Timms and Golden and Regula to take the offensive risks ..They seem to want him to develop his defenssive game as a priority and to cut back on the going deep on rushes bit ...They are however giving him first pp unit point time with Bouchard now.

The good news is that in my opinion Boqvist has improved his defense since the start of the season...starting to cut off more guys and using his body more ..less of the Q-style stick-checks..If London can toughen him up that way and improve his defensive abilities great.

TODAY in a 5-1 London win over Kitchener ,their d-corps contributed 6 (the TV commentators said 8--maybe they took 2dmen asisys away on the 5th goal?) combined points ...Bouchard had 1g 1a ...Timms had 2 or maybe 3 assists depending on if they credited him with an assist on tat 5th goal or not...conflicting info from the scores reported online vs.the TV info)...

Boqvist had no points today ...

We can debate whether Hawks took the wrong guy ..Bouchard is controlling the game ...since back played 3 games ..2g 1a ..PP qb PK 1st unit stabilizer ...obviously more ready that Boqvist at this stage ...Given Hawks predicament had we picked him,maybe he would have stick this season in the
He show...Edmonton decided not to rush him ...probably wise decision. ..but if it were the desperate Hawks maybe like Jokiharju they would have used Bouchard too.

Not to say Boqvist won't be the better NHL dman eventually ..he is a marvelous skater ...but Bouchard has that great shot from the point
And is so smart I'm how he thinks the game..is bigger ..and can rub guys out on the boards though he is not physically mean or nasty ..he amazing gly can rush the puck and makes passes on the tape. ..so lots to like about Bouchard..but Boqvist IF he can indeed hone his defensive games a piers is now developing and then next season London let's him go offensively as their new focal point of the attack. .then maybe will eventually get the better pro out of this process. WE shall have to see how he develipschisctotal game ..but must be patient and wait...because at this juncture he is not even London's 2nd best dman..Timms is playing g great hockey I'm my opinion..Boqvist Vista not dominating or taking the OHL by storm...rather quite cautious game as it appears London (and perhaps the Hawks) want that defensive sidevof his game to improve ..I see signs that it is. .and maybe over the season it reaches the point that he gains so much confidence that he can start working the offensive side to a greater extent?

Reactions: hawksrule

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
They are using them on the 1st pp unit now...

But Bouchard is the focal point and Boqvist seems to be deferring to him to let him be the prime pp qb with his bomb of a shot and smarts ..so not sure if that will help Boqvistvpilevup any pok ts..

As to the 5x5 rotation..you could say that Boqvist is 3rd pairing with William Lochead who is 20 yrs old and a SAH type with good work ethic such that London seems more concerned about shutting down than scoring g when they are 5x5 with thus pair g..

The 2nd pairing is 20 yr old OHL vet Matt Timms
and his LD partner the 1...Boqvist Zero points9 yr.old Jacob Golden a draft pick of the Minnesota Wild..they seem to be generating a lot of attack 5x5 as well as soliddefensive play. .

But I would have to rank them as the 2nd pairing ..Bouchard and Regula are the fist pairing and Bouchard plays both 1st unit pp and 1st unit PK and sometimes gets extra shifts because he really controls the game ..A lot more advanced than Boqvist but remember he is 9 and a half months older than Boqvist and basically 1 extra hockey year ahead in experience ...Next year Boqvist should become the focal point 1st pair dman for London. .I think he will require that year in the OHL next season to continue his development..cannot see him ready for the show. .

Bouchard should stick with Edmonton next season but they sent him back for 1 more year of juniors development so as not to overwhelm him too fast.

These are the wisest thngs to do with most young den from juniors.

BOQVIST is getting PK duty too..on the 2nd PK unit.. London is trying to develop his defensive game ...probably at the expense of holding him back on a track .He has not been so "dynamic" rushing with pucks but instead seems to be quickly passing it deep in his zone to let others rush the puck to thebo-zone..This is not the aspect of Boqvist for which he was drafted...he was thought to be a lot more dynamic ..but London has more experienced dmen like Bouchard Timms and Golden and Regula to take the offensive risks ..They seem to want him to develop his defenssive game as a priority and to cut back on the going deep on rushes bit ...They are however giving him first pp unit point time with Bouchard now.

The good news is that in my opinion Boqvist has improved his defense since the start of the season...starting to cut off more guys and using his body more ..less of the Q-style stick-checks..If London can toughen him up that way and improve his defensive abilities great.

TODAY in a 5-1 London win over Kitchener ,their d-corps contributed 6 (the TV commentators said 8--maybe they took 2dmen asisys away on the 5th goal?) combined points ...Bouchard had 1g 1a ...Timms had 2 or maybe 3 assists depending on if they credited him with an assist on tat 5th goal or not...conflicting info from the scores reported online vs.the TV info)...

Boqvist had no points today ...

We can debate whether Hawks took the wrong guy ..Bouchard is controlling the game ...since back played 3 games ..2g 1a ..PP qb PK 1st unit stabilizer ...obviously more ready that Boqvist at this stage ...Given Hawks predicament had we picked him,maybe he would have stick this season in the
He show...Edmonton decided not to rush him ...probably wise decision. ..but if it were the desperate Hawks maybe like Jokiharju they would have used Bouchard too.

Not to say Boqvist won't be the better NHL dman eventually ..he is a marvelous skater ...but Bouchard has that great shot from the point
And is so smart I'm how he thinks the game..is bigger ..and can rub guys out on the boards though he is not physically mean or nasty ..he amazing gly can rush the puck and makes passes on the tape. ..so lots to like about Bouchard..but Boqvist IF he can indeed hone his defensive games a piers is now developing and then next season London let's him go offensively as their new focal point of the attack. .then maybe will eventually get the better pro out of this process. WE shall have to see how he develipschisctotal game ..but must be patient and wait...because at this juncture he is not even London's 2nd best dman..Timms is playing g great hockey I'm my opinion..Boqvist Vista not dominating or taking the OHL by storm...rather quite cautious game as it appears London (and perhaps the Hawks) want that defensive sidevof his game to improve ..I see signs that it is. .and maybe over the season it reaches the point that he gains so much confidence that he can start working the offensive side to a greater extent?

Thanks fiddy. Good the hear your report.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Looks like he is skating up the ice with the puck far more often than he did when I saw him earlier in the year. And yeah, he definitely looks a lot more settled.

Yeah. You can tell from his spacing that he is starting to get used to the rink size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad