RD Adam Boqvist, London Knights - 8th overall 2018

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Yeah but for how long can they do that?

Let's say that's the lineup starting in 2020-21 season. Keith has another 2 seasons on his contract and Seabs has 3. You can't keep scratching them for 2-3 years. Unless we get a compliance buyout for Seabs and just deal with Keith as a bottom pairing guy which he should still be able to handle at that point..

The cap goes up and the only major contract you need to add is DeBrincat’s. Moving Anisimov and Manning expiring almost pays for that.

You can afford to scratch Keith and Seabrook if all of your top 4 are on ELCs.

Ideally you’d just move Keith now and give him one last chance at another Cup elsewhere, but I understand the opposition to moving Keith

I think our D won’t include Keith or Seabrook when this team is ready to truly compete again, so that’s why I have said move Keith now. I think BK and I are the only ones on board with that

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yeah Keith's contract isn't egregious. Even if he's bottom pairing at the end of his career, the cap hit isn't bad. Seabs tho...oh boy. I desperately hope we get that buyout.
lets go with the idea of discussing Keith. i am sure he know he can't perform as a top pairing d-man, if he hasn't really figure it out already.

but i can see posters/fans accepting his drop to the 3rd pairing in future yrs and as you mention his contract will have been earned and accepted by all.

as i once mention, Seabs, while not berating him for his contract, i can't see that length and for that cost. it just stick in my crawl.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
lets go with the idea of discussing Keith. i am sure he know he can't perform as a top pairing d-man, if he hasn't really figure it out already.

but i can see posters/fans accepting his drop to the 3rd pairing in future yrs and as you mention his contract will have been earned and accepted by all.

as i once mention, Seabs, while not berating him for his contract, i can't see that length and for that cost. it just stick in my crawl.

Seabrook’s contract is bad, full stop. There’s no justifying it. (Though not the NHL’s worst)

It’s going to be a thorn in this team’s side for a long time

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Seabrook’s contract is bad, full stop. There’s no justifying it. (Though not the NHL’s worst)

It’s going to be a thorn in this team’s side for a long time
Not if the CBA is ended after next season and in the new CBA deal a compliance buyout is granted. And I'm sure all the teams that blundered in 2016 with cotracts will push to get it.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The cap goes up and the only major contract you need to add is DeBrincat’s. Moving Anisimov and Manning expiring almost pays for that.

You can afford to scratch Keith and Seabrook if all of your top 4 are on ELCs.

Ideally you’d just move Keith now and give him one last chance at another Cup elsewhere, but I understand the opposition to moving Keith

I think our D won’t include Keith or Seabrook when this team is ready to truly compete again, so that’s why I have said move Keith now. I think BK and I are the only ones on board with that
I'm with you on moving Keith now. He has to waive his NMC though so he'd have to be okay with it.

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
I'm with you on moving Keith now. He has to waive his NMC though so he'd have to be okay with it.

No way. His cap hit is super reasonable considering that, at the worst, he's a second pairing guy and can mentor the horde of young d coming in soon.

There's plenty of issues here, but if we go gung ho on replacing our entire D, it's going to be a lot worse than it is now.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Well Seabs and Kane are not the others who looks like crap tonite. that whole line is just bad.

looking at the stats that whole line is a minus 3...... but in my eyes Seabs and Kane looks the worst culpable of the team in the game this nite.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
2 more goals for Boqvist tonight against Owen Sound...Boqvist now smoking hot hot ..!!!

2nd goal by him was was on the porch where he scored iby moving down low about 4 feet to tgecright off the Owen Sound crease ...great snap shot top shelf.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
2 more goals for Boqvist tonight against Owen Sound...Boqvist now smoking hot hot ..!!!

2nd goal by him was was on the porch where he scored iby moving down low about 4 feet to tgecright off the Owen Sound crease ...great snap shot top shelf.

Is he still a smurf, or smurf no longer?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Is he still a smurf, or smurf no longer?
Fiddy now has him somewhere in between a smurf and grown man....

tumblr_pioiekQBjq1xkok61o1_250.jpg

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Don’t know if it got posted but this was his primary assist last week in his 3 point game. Just beautiful.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
We should trade him to whatever team drafts Brett Leason this year straight up.

Really hoping I don’t need the sarcasm emoji.

Reactions: Giovi

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Agree I'd prefer to trade Seabrook, but that isn't going to happen with his contact. Keith would still have some value.
you know, i still see keith as a viable player in this state of an elder statesmen. i can see, whether this is true or not, as help the young d-men that will be coming in.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
you know, i still see keith as a viable player in this state of an elder statesmen. i can see, whether this is true or not, as help the young d-men that will be coming in.

Agreed, Keith is still valuable to us and if any player deserves to finish his career here, it is him first and foremost. His play and cheap cap hit were the engine that drove this team to 3 Cups.

In this new phase of his career, he will be a valuable teacher to the young defensemen, especially now that Q is gone and Colliton is coach. And Keith will still be a very good player for us too. He just shouldn’t be playing number 1 type minutes. If you put this guy with one of the speedier young defenders, take him off the PP and keep his minutes in the 18-20 per game range, he’ll start looking like the Keith of old again IMO. And he’ll still outperform his cap hit as always.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Agreed, Keith is still valuable to us and if any player deserves to finish his career here, it is him first and foremost. His play and cheap cap hit were the engine that drove this team to 3 Cups.

In this new phase of his career, he will be a valuable teacher to the young defensemen, especially now that Q is gone and Colliton is coach. And Keith will still be a very good player for us too. He just shouldn’t be playing number 1 type minutes. If you put this guy with one of the speedier young defenders, take him off the PP and keep his minutes in the 18-20 per game range, he’ll start looking like the Keith of old again IMO. And he’ll still outperform his cap hit as always.

but do the Bhawks have a better d-men to take over as the #1 type of d-man ??

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side

Agreed, i really think Dunc is just logging too many minutes (and minutes with Seabrook). If we just cut back on his TOI, he'll look a lot better.

Problem is, we don't have one or enough good d men to fill those minutes. So now we rely too heavily on him.

Hopefully joker emerges as a young #1 but he's still so young and inexperienced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad