RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
It was the same stuff when I saw him live last December, just without the knee injury. For him, it's an opportunity to try and make the U20 team, not just a summer game of shinny. To be fair, that may have affected his game(thinking is death) and if he plays tonight like he played in the 3rd period that will be a solid bonus.

I saw a shift to shift about Hughes in the game between sweden and USA in this summer tournament, and since Boqvist almost played every shift Hughes played, it become almost like a shift to shift video about Boqvist as well, and i think he was really good. Offensivly i think he was swedens best player in that video, he was one of few that made things happen. Defensivly he was not as good as he usually is, he could be little bit lazy in the backchecking in that game, but normally i think he is good defensivly. But overall a good game, so i think it should have improve his wjc 20 chances if anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
He was a top 4 prospect most of the season and dipped at the end. I was high on him all season and was happier with the pick than most Hawks fans.
The more I dug into the draft, the more I liked him. I was convinced he was going in the 4-7 range. I never thought the Hawks would have a chance to draft him. IIRC going into last season he was in top 3 conversation with Svechnikov.

Reactions: BK

TwoPiece

Jul 24, 2018
Bad news for Alec Regula, if Bouchard is also returned to London from Edmonton, unless the coach plans on playing 2 right-handed defensemen on the same line. I'm not happy about this.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Bad news for Alec Regula, if Bouchard is also returned to London from Edmonton, unless the coach plans on playing 2 right-handed defensemen on the same line. I'm not happy about this.
How familiar are you with Regulas play last year ? Where did he play on the depth chart ? A "scout" of your stature should know these basic things ?

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest

Hawks have had a series of videos for their 2018 draft, and this one is specifically about Boqvist.

Might just be editing, but Hawks brass seems to have preferred Boqvist over guys like Hayton, Kotkaniemi, Tkachuck, and Hughes.

Enjoyed the video but tbf they didnt really discuss any other players or do any debating which is always fun to listen too. Like the pick for the hawks and really curious to see how he develops.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
My view of him at london knights training came was he needs to get stronger physically if hes going to play in AHL or NHL. He got bounced around alot. His skill level is unreal but strength is his weakness imo

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
It’s going to be beyond interesting to see how he does at Traverse City.

If you want to find out how far away he is from making the Blackhawks, you’ll know before Sunday.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
My view of him at london knights training came was he needs to get stronger physically if hes going to play in AHL or NHL. He got bounced around alot. His skill level is unreal but strength is his weakness imo

It’s going to be beyond interesting to see how he does at Traverse City.

If you want to find out how far away he is from making the Blackhawks, you’ll know before Sunday.

If he's getting bounced around at an OHL training camp, he's pretty far off.

Larry Lightning

Aug 27, 2018
Tampa
Will be interesting to see how his game translates to NA ice. Wonder if he'll be able to keep pace with the offensive juggernaut Bouchard throughout the season.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017

That’s where I’m coming from.

How do you handle his development without running out of runway? Do his time in junior, then send him back to Sweden if only to not start the waivers clock?

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I watched Ehlers live a couple times in his draft season (while visiting family in Halifax), where he looked super skilled but very physically outmatched by players in the Q. Thought it’d take awhile for him to become an NHLer. 1.5 years later he wasn’t an impact player in the NHL.

Kids can progress quickly at this age, and there’s plenty of players who make an impact even though they get pushed around.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Can’t defend, physically overmatched even at U20, effort issues, concussion history. A 75 foot player.

But sure, actually asking questions is overreacting.
Basing a players development from watching a training IS overreacting. Why arnt you recognizing his play during the Ivan Hlinka or the U18 WCH? No, it dosnt fit the agenda of him being small and weak eh?

Last edited:

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
His only great play from last season was at Hlinka.

Anyhoo, through 1 period at Traverse, Columbus has no problem gaining the zone on Boqvist’s side and getting their shots off(3sa). When puck carrier is on his side, zero gap control, just gives up space, just uses active stick. When not attacking him, has better gap control, but isn’t slowing anybody down.

Playing on the right side is hurting his O, generated 1 nice play where he jumped in with the puck.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
His only great play from last season was at Hlinka.

Anyhoo, through 1 period at Traverse, Columbus has no problem gaining the zone on Boqvist’s side and getting their shots off(3sa). When puck carrier is on his side, zero gap control, just gives up space, just uses active stick. When not attacking him, has better gap control, but isn’t slowing anybody down.

Playing on the right side is hurting his O, generated 1 nice play where he jumped in with the puck.

Yeah sure. Did he steal your girlfriend or something?

Reactions: Kalleteodor

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
After 40, bled 3 more shots, took a slapper from the top of the umbrella on the PP, weak power, clean look by the goalie. Tried to bring the puck up once so far, got angled out at his own half wall and muscled off the puck, created a scoring chance for CBJ. In a net front battle w/ Sherwood, was out thought and outfought by a guy with average NHL size

Bad positioning(and dumb plays by others) created 2 short handed scoring chances for CBJ. 1st one was him passing to Sikura close to the wall and blue line, then not dropping back. Sikora dangled, coughed it up and away CBJ went. 2nd was the puck iced, neither D were outside the dots to get a pass from the goalie, Goalie tries to clear, CBJ gets it and gets a great chance.

Straight line speed in either direction looks average *for this tourney*. At the end of the period.

He isn’t horrible, but he isn’t good. That out of the way, playing on the right side is doing nothing to flatter his play.

Last edited:

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
3rd period: Much better overall. 1 sog(wide) from his off hand. Did a nice job in the corner to separate. Puck from attacker. Defended a shorty 2 on 1: denied passing lane using his body more than his stick, gave up a decent shot that they didn’t score on. Did a nice job jumping on to deny a passing lane at center ice, turned pass attempt into long range dump. When down late, both Boqvist and Beaudin switched to their off hand after the faceoff win, suddenly started creating offence.

Added: also had nice play from the right where he jumped in, got below the goal line, drew a penalty.

Last edited:

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
3rd period: Much better overall. 1 sog(wide) from his off hand. Did a nice job in the corner to separate. Puck from attacker. Defended a shorty 2 on 1: denied passing lane using his body more than his stick, gave up a decent shot that they didn’t score on. Did a nice job jumping on to deny a passing lane at center ice, turned pass attempt into long range dump. When down late, both Boqvist and Beaudin switched to their off hand after the faceoff win, suddenly started creating offence.

Added: also had nice play from the right where he jumped in, got below the goal line, drew a penalty.

How was his game on the whole? Any points for Boqvist? Goals against while he was on the ice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad