RD Adam Boqvist - Brynas J20, Superelit (2018, 8th, CHI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
I believe it is his 4th. (Edit: if it is a concussion -- sounds like it wasn't)

It is unusual that it was initially reported that he didn't have concussion symptoms and was just out for precautionary reasons, but now he's been out for over a week. Hopefully he's fine -- London should be an interesting team with him, Bouchard and Formenton.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Do you know why he's out?

They said it was a minor injury plus sickness. They said he had zero concussion symptoms. Are they telling the truth? Who knows but I would take Powers's word.

He skated hard with full gear on 11/2/18 and looked fine per the beat writer in London. This would not be typical of concussion protocol. Typically it is the bike until no symptoms.

Last edited:

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
They said it was a minor injury plus sickness. They said he had zero concussion symptoms. Are they telling the truth? Who knows but I would take Powers's word.

He’s been out for over a week after crashing his head against the boards. It’s more than just a precaution. Word out of London is he’s had equivocal symptoms and they haven’t been able to rule out a concussion. Doesn’t mean it will be diagnosed for sure, but I’d be a little worried if I were a Hawks fan.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
He had the flu too so that's probably why he was kept out a big longer. Listed as day to day now.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He’s been out for over a week after crashing his head against the boards. It’s more than just a precaution. Word out of London is he’s had equivocal symptoms and they haven’t been able to rule out a concussion. Doesn’t mean it will be diagnosed for sure, but I’d be a little worried if I were a Hawks fan.

He skated last Friday hard. It was reported that he had no symptoms from the knights beat writer and the best Hawks writer who got his info from Bowman but people here know better? He had a cold which turned into the flu as well. The team is not going let it go undiagnosed.

IF it is a concussion there is obvious concern.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Yeah if he's been skating then it's 100% not a concussion, they do not let you on the ice if you're in concussion protocol

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Can't tell if you are serious or sarcastic. The comment has the same value either way.

Dump Itch has been going on the offensive against Canuck player recently. I would not be surprised by his nonsense as usual. Karma will hit the Leafs players as usual as a punishment by the negativey the Leafs fan base have been spreading.

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
He skated last Friday hard. It was reported that he had no symptoms from the knights beat writer and the best Hawks writer who got his info from Bowman but people here know better? He had a cold which turned into the flu as well. The team is not going let it go undiagnosed.

IF it is a concussion there is obvious concern.

Not to nitpick your post, but a cold cannot actually turn into the flu. :teach2:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
2G, 1A yesterday. All the elite snipers, whether forward or defense, have a very similar motion on their wrist shot. One of his goals was a wrist shot snipe. The assist was a very nice back-door pass to Bouchard on the PP. Now up to 17 points in 17 games.

Last edited:

Westcoastsniper

Sep 25, 2008
Can't tell if you are serious or sarcastic. The comment has the same value either way.

Going into the draft, I wanted Boqvist, but after what Hughes has been doing in the WJSS and college right now, I can't see Boqvist passing him right now. Boqvist offensive creativity is nice to watch though.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Going into the draft, I wanted Boqvist, but after what Hughes has been doing in the WJSS and college right now, I can't see Boqvist passing him right now. Boqvist offensive creativity is nice to watch though.

Hughes is nearly a year older, as is Bouchard. I think it's way too early to judge who'll be the best of these guys right now. All of them are looking quite promising though.

Westcoastsniper

Sep 25, 2008
Hughes is nearly a year older, as is Bouchard. I think it's way too early to judge who'll be the best of these guys right now. All of them are looking quite promising though.

I agree with you, too early to tell with both these players. Also they have different strengths offensively.

However in regards to Hughes being a year older, his development is also ahead 1 year as he played college in his draft year.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
he's up to 15 pts in 19 games for Brynas in a MENS league. Looks like the haters will have to hate elsewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad